General Thoughts: Science SC (1 Viewer)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Re: Science SC

It should be convection, 'cause it occurs in the mantle.

PrettyVacant

HSC

...And is responsible for plate techtonics. So yeah.

Black Hawker

HSC

iEdd said:
Mmm.. This was harder than expected, I thought the short response
EARTHQUAKE (that one about plate movement)
I believe that's convection.

And the sun one is temperature.

Neurox

HSC
It cant be velocity as velocity is speed and they said "change in speed and direction". It depends if BoS is lenient with marking or not i guess. Also it was convection currents.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
I said FORCE -- probably wrong though.

Also, I wrote OVARY as OVARIES i think. Hope the computer marking it is somewhat lenient in criteria.

fairyvi

HSC
i'm sure it's acceleration because acceleration is the change in speed + change in direction .. don't think it's velocity or displacement

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
wait wait wait .. did it ask what the name of the egg was or where it was found ? .. ii put ovum .. ARGHH ><"

iEdd

HSC
I put 'ovary'. it said 'Where are eggs stored?'. Seeing as there's only one at a time and it alternates each cycle. You could say they are stored in 'ovaries'. It's probably programmed to mark "ovary", "ovaries", "ovarie", "ovari", "overy" as correct as it is an across the board exam and NOT a spelling test. Here's to hoping anyway.

That other answer is definitely acceleration. Velocity is a vector: speed with a direction. The question asked for a change in speed + direction. Therefore a change in velocity, which is of course, acceleration. :D

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
The science test was bad, as in, UGH WHY AM I DOING THIS, bad.

Last edited:

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC

Neurox said:
Piss easy SC science test...probably the easiest out of all the years. the only question i think i got wrong is that question where it said the nucleus is radioactive, what will it release, i said nuclear radiation, others say it was protons and neutrons..meh. Easy band 6.

i put acceleration as well, though deceleration is also the change in speed and direction of an object. Displacement isnt necessarily change in speed, only when it is graphed, and even then it can only be average change in speed.

It would be an electron or an alpha particle. Why electron from the nucleus of the atom? Because under beta decay, a neutron from the nucleus will decompose into a proton and an electron, which is eject from the nucleus. An alpha particle is basically a nucleus of a hydrogen atom. I didn't include gamma because it's technically not a particle. I think they'll pay you for "radiation" because after all, they sort of are. Besides, it was a 1 mark question.

shakky15

HSC

cs01001 said:
Are you sure it is Earthquake? I got Convection...
Its convection.. it asked about currents in the mantle.. how is iit earthquake? :confused:

shakky15

HSC
soap~ said:
I said FORCE -- probably wrong though.

Also, I wrote OVARY as OVARIES i think. Hope the computer marking it is somewhat lenient in criteria.
YAY someone else rote FORCE.. i think it mite be correct.. as if acceleration is a change in direction :mad1:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You guys might have this book: Excel Study Guide Yr 9 and 10.

I hope this helps, as it says on page 10 that:

Whenever the velocity of an object changes by changing its speed AND/OR changing its direction, it is said to accelerate.

Nightkids

HSC

algatech said:
WTFFF R U GUYS NORMAL LOL I FAILEDDDDDDD HOW FARKEN HARD WOZ IT ESPECIALLY THE MULTIPLE CHOICE I FAILED I GOT AT MOST 50PERCENT FARRRKKK THAT WAS HARDDD DAMNN but im not realy scard bout results coz i hear they make you pass
LOL UR LAME!

Deluge

HSC

Yeah, I wrote acceleration too.

For that nuclear radiation one, I wrote particles, whether they be beta, alpha or gamma. =\

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I dont think so. As long as they (well the computer) knows that you have the general idea, they'd probably mark it right.

complex

HSC
computers cant differentiate almost right, from right.

if anything it will put it in a different pile and it will be hand marked if it cant read an answer or something - or the person got something close to it.

either way, the "change in speed or direction" was definatly velocity.

Deluge

HSC
Hmmm... I wrote "ovaries" because since when did females only have one ovary? LOL...

And I'm pretty sure that the question in most dispute is acceleration. Deceleration is acceleration as acceleration can also be a negative number.

Bah, I'm bad at phys XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)