General Thoughts: SOR I (1 Viewer)

Keanelly

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Studies of Religion I

Yeah thats what I ended up thinking, but if noworriez wants to explain it, go nuts.

D94

HSC
N/A

This is from an authoritative source (ie. the Holy See: Vatican.va)

This is why, in the 20th century, all churches engaged in ecumenical dialogues set out to re-establish the visible unity of all Christians
I didn't read on, but if there's a contradiction, please feel free to correct me.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

you could try but i think it will still come down to different perspectives:

i see the answer as UNIFICATION because the chief purpose of the ecumenical councils/ecumenism is Christian unity so ecumenical dialogue has the purpose of unification, not in a literal sense of becoming just one denomination but unification in their views of JC

others see it as mutual understanding, but mutual understanding leads to unification, the eventual purpose of ecumenical dialogue

i still think B - but can easily see where the others are coming from
unification isnt the purpose

snaz

HSC

Unification = Unity = Same = Single = One = Conformity

So I don't think it is 'B'...

Ecumenism isn't all that different to interfaith dialogue - just more like inter-denominational dialogue. Christianity, since the begining of its history has had different denominations, which differ in beliefs and hence are not unified. I do see where 'B' comes from though...but do note that the question asks about ecumenical dialogue, not just ecumenism. I think it was 'd': mutual understanding.

At the end of the day (yes, I know it's a cheesy saying lol), it's only one question :)

jordank13

HSC
N/A

1 is D -no reason for debate..

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Buddhist boys

how does ur significant person "creatively" overcome challenges?

there is nothing creative about these cunts
I did the extended so I wouldn't know. :p
But I'd say that Asoka did it by building rock edicts unlike anyone before and after that no idea. Haha

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
lol even better

"Ecumenical dialogue is a conversation in which members of various Christian communities seek mutual understanding and respect. Ecumenical dialogue has Christian Unity as a primary goal. "

definitely 2 answers

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
if u guys thought about it logically tho

there really is only 1 answer

snaz

HSC
And that's d!!!

Lol. I can't believe I'm still following this thread :)

D94

HSC
N/A
There should be two possible answers, whether one is more logical than the other, is irrelevant, because the question didn't ask for the "main purpose" or the "best answer" etc. Since both do answer the question, you can't disregard one over the other. You only ever need to answer the question.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
no but the ACTUAL purpose of ecumenical dialogue

is to create mutual understanding

im not sure why these mention unity at all

snaz

HSC
Agreed.
If there was a desire for 'unification' then there would be no such thing as ecumenism as it would already be unified.
Mutual understanding is not the same as unification...

And there can't be two answers - multiple choice is the 'most correct' option

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Agreed.
If there was a desire for 'unification' then there would be no such thing as ecumenism as it would already be unified.

there can be

but there wont be

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

is it possible your school is just keeping them so they have them for next year's students?? i know we get told everytime to take the papers home
Hmm don't think so since the BOS supervisors actually take them...But I dunno if my school is requesting them :/ Because I remember on the first day that the supervisor told me if I want it I could possibly ask the school for a copy :/ But I've heard other people from other schools not being able to take home a copy. So either BOS is too scared about copyright issues and replication of their exams over the net, or they have typos that need fixing or a companying is paying them to recycle lol

sod

HSC
N/A
Agreed.

if there was a desire it would already be unified?

just because there's a desire, doesn't mean it occurs. ecumenism is there to promote UNITY (see above) and MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING - these are the purposes - unification means a common goal being their worship of JC, mutual understanding and unification are mutually inclusive terms here - and in 2009 there were two answers so that's wrong as all

mutual understanding = eventual unity = unification

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC

Pentecostal was easy.
It's appealing to younger people cause of the lively nature of it.
so there are a signif amount of younger people there.

snaz

HSC
I think this really is a pointless argument...but none the less interesting.

I agree that a desire does not garauntee success (if so I would already have an awsome atar :) )
But I really don't think that ecumenism equates to unity... there is a reason that all denominations are different and that each denomination embraces thier differences. If Chritianity really did want to unify then there would only be one brand of the religion.

If it really is two possible answers then the editing process of our papers is inadequate. And if so, then it really makes you wonder a lot about our edu system, dosen't it?

Anyways, I agree to disagree :)

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
I think this really is a pointless argument...but none the less interesting.

I agree that a desire does not garauntee success (if so I would already have an awsome atar :) )
But I really don't think that ecumenism equates to unity... there is a reason that all denominations are different and that each denomination embraces thier differences. If Chritianity really did want to unify then there would only be one brand of the religion.

If it really is two possible answers then the editing process of our papers is inadequate. And if so, then it really makes you wonder a lot about our edu system, dosen't it?

Anyways, I agree to disagree :)
'
yep

they r pathetic

in which we shud then argue

cos u guys r dumb

i wasted too much time on that 1 question which took away from the quality of my others

every1 gets full marks and live happily ever after

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)