General Thoughts: SOR I (1 Viewer)

bondla

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Studies of Religion I

do you guys have a copy of the exams? we were told to leave ours on our seat before we left
wouldn't mind checking my answers for multiple choice

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

fuck it

who gives a shit

its happened
bye

Raahulan

HSC
N/A

ehh for the christianity question in the 20 marker..i didnt talk bout bioethics! coz i didnt have time!..anyone who does christianity think i would lose ALOT of marks coz i didnt talk about that last part?..im so worried :/
LOL Amitus :p

Basit-b

HSC

Does anyone have the answers to all the Multi choice questions?

Basit-b

HSC

I didn't know the answers to these questions, anybody care to help?

1. Was the purpose of ecumenical dialogue Unification or Mutual understanding?

5. How was the formation of Uniting church received by the Christian denominations involved:
a. Almost all methodists supported it
b. Methodists opposed it
c. congrationalists opposed it
d. Prespyterians supported it

I had absolutely no idea on this one so i just guessed A.

Which of the following is a distinctive feature of Aboriginal spirituality?
a. places high value on material possessions
b. values competition within aboriginal communities
c. values between
d. makes no separation between spritual and secular.

I was tossing up between b or c and guessed B.

Ivy Mike

HSC
I didn't study much of anything apart from ecumenism/interfaith dialogue + Significant person for Islam + Significant Person/Ritual for Christianity. I honestly couldn't have hoped to get any luckier than this.

premiumcbc

HSC
The entire argument about question 1 is redundant as you'll find out the answer in December anyway. Although, I put D - mutual understanding because it seemed the most correct. Social Justice is an initiative not a purpose, and unification could be construed as correct, however I think that the word unify means to become a single unit and I doubt any Christian variants have that as an ideal of their church. I think people are getting unity and unify mixed up. You can have unity without unification, just as you can have unification without unity. They're separate ideas.

D94

HSC
N/A
The entire argument about question 1 is redundant as you'll find out the answer in December anyway. Although, I put D - mutual understanding because it seemed the most correct. Social Justice is an initiative not a purpose, and unification could be construed as correct, however I think that the word unify means to become a single unit and I doubt any Christian variants have that as an ideal of their church. I think people are getting unity and unify mixed up. You can have unity without unification, just as you can have unification without unity. They're separate ideas.
No, you are quite mistaken. Unity is the state of being united or joined as a whole, whereas, unification is the process of being united or made into a whole. You can't have unity without unification; it's that essential link, which needs to be understood. They are mutual ideas, and need each other in order to have some relevant meaning. Now by these strict definitions, the dialogue is the medium in achieving such unity, therefore, the purpose of dialogue must be of unification if we are to result in unity. I can accept the argument for mutual understanding, but the argument for unification has its merits as well.

And the argument isn't redundant. If there wasn't any argument in 2009, then that MC couldn't have resulted in two correct answers. Discussion is required to determine the correct answers, and using relevant evidence, can indeed result in a solution which benefits both sides of this argument.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
The answer is fucking unification :(

That question was utter bullshit anyway, three possible answers.

dionb2014

HSC
[Is SoR hard. I have to do it at my school and I don't no whether to right it off as my out of my top ten units, or risk it and see If I can do well in it?

vinniegoro

HSC
my teacher said that the answer to question one was social justice. he said its christian denominations leaders coming together to discuss present issues in the world. mutual understanding may also be the answer here thats what i put.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
definitely not social justice

if it was just ECUMENISM.. then maybe

but thats not the purpose of ecumenical DIALOGUE

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

I didn't know the answers to these questions, anybody care to help?

1. Was the purpose of ecumenical dialogue Unification or Mutual understanding?

5. How was the formation of Uniting church received by the Christian denominations involved:
a. Almost all methodists supported it
b. Methodists opposed it
c. congrationalists opposed it
d. Prespyterians supported it

I had absolutely no idea on this one so i just guessed A.

Which of the following is a distinctive feature of Aboriginal spirituality?
a. places high value on material possessions
b. values competition within aboriginal communities
c. values between
d. makes no separation between spritual and secular.

I was tossing up between b or c and guessed B.
i did d

wats the answer ppls

i dont remember ever reading they valued competition but moreso interaction

"In general, most Aboriginal religions share the belief that all natural things, all forms of life, are inter-connected. No distinction is made between the spiritual life and the secular life; Aboriginal spirituality is a total way of life."

http://www.canadaandtheworld.com/aboriginalspirituality.html

Last edited:

smartalec

HSC

what did everyone write for 5 marker? what examples did you guys use?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

due to increasing secularisation, ecumenism allows them to unify for social justice and political pressure

"NCCA"
"decade to overcome violence"
"orthodox peace fellowship"

Kimbles2011

HSC

I wrote about the NCCA, NSW Ecumenical Council, joint initiatives such as the Victorian bushfires
Then I wrote about the Colmuban centre for Muslims and Christians and the Council for Jews and Christians...
I also talked about how approx 19% of people are in the 'no religion' category and how ecumenism and interfaith dialogue place pressure on the government to make decisions that resonate with their religious beliefs, on issues such as abortion...

How's that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)