General Thoughts: SOR II (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

VicariousLife

HSC
So so hard. The peace question was the easiest one there. But considering i studied on the morning of (this morning) I didn't have the ability to ace it... I wrote 6 pages of gibberish..
But in S1, i found the questions hard to comprehend... And not really to do with much of the what the syllabus teachers, furthermore s2 and s3 were WAYYY to based on significant person (Islam and Christianity), but for those who did Judaism, NO SIG PERSON, well for me was a killer... And S3, i wrote that Islam was both compassionate and justice serving. MEH. My examples poorly followed this though. Haha.

SOOO I'd LOVE a raw mark of 60.
(Catholic Trial i got 80, and i studied the night before for that....)

lilylily

HSC
would've been good if the questions weren't all the same just worth different marks.. what the actual fuck?

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
would've been good if the questions weren't all the same just worth different marks.. what the actual fuck?
lol my trial for one of the section 2 questions was exactly like that lol coz we hadnt finished the course yet ...... studied ethics for no reason lol, ahh well it kinda helped in the essays

HSC
That paper was ridiculous! :mad:
Section II????All three questions were basically the same I was repeating myself... and I don't know if it was just me but I found m/c hard :(
Ahhhhh I too would be happy with a raw mark of 60.. horrible exam :'(

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Some ridiculous multiple choice questions they put in this... The questions we got for short answers were also not expected, way too focused.

I destroyed the essays through. I have never been so happy with my essays before, and I have never gotten anything less than 19/20

I think I will get somewhere around 85/100, which is much lower than what I usually get.

Last edited:

lockedbox

HSC
I don't think it was a hard exam but it was by no means a good one.

The section 1 mulitple choice questions were either obvious or pure guess work with no in between, the short answers were worded strangly so I wasn't sure what I was suposed to be saying in the statistic questions.

The section two questions basically asked the same thing three times, wich made things very easy for me because I knew the dalai lama inside out and enough on synagogue services to scrape by easily enough, all you had to do was reword the answers you had already written.

The extended responces were wierd. The christianity question was pretty easy, I had an in class assessment task which was near identical to it last term, but I had to do a little bsing to make it fit the new quote. I talked about the different variants, which I hope is what they were asking for. I have no idea about the religion and peace question, what are you supposed to be assessing? influence? impact? effectiveness? role? what? assess what? It was so damn vague that I wrote 4 pages of sacred text extracts and practices with out even knowing what the damn question wanted me to write about. I think I'll get above 12 for it though, at the very least.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Heres what i had for 12 - 21, Probs a alot wrong in there, wtf was with that sign thing? Stupid paper.

12. D
13. A
14. B
15. B
16. A
17. A
18. B
19. C
20. D
21. C

elle_b22

HSC
Well that didn't go well. I realised i forgot the name of my significant person for Islam, so instead of spelling A'isha Bint Abu Bakr, i spelt Aisha Aba Bunt Baker. And i did that for all three parts of section 2. They focused way too much on the significant person and i found myself repeating myself over and over, writing pretty much the exact same thing for three questions, just worded slightly differerent. Oops. And for my 20 mark essay none of my christianity topics went with the question, i just crapped on about things that werent really in the syllabus :/ I wish that went a lot better..

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Heres what i had for 12 - 21, Probs a alot wrong in there, wtf was with that sign thing? Stupid paper.

12. D
13. A
14. B
15. B
16. A
17. A
18. B
19. C
20. D
21. C
The sign question was one of the few I could answer without much thought.

Some of the aboriginal questions were completely ambiguous.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Hm probably is A then, that was a stupid question seeing both C and A were correct as rejections of God. Yet the sign thing said "There's probably no God" which reflects a more agnostic view... WTF BOS

elle_b22

HSC
Agnostic wasnt an option, C was atheism. And because Atheism is the blatant disbelief in god, i figured it wasnt atheist cause the slogan said "probably". Idk, thats just what i thought.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Agnostic wasnt an option, C was atheism. And because Atheism is the blatant disbelief in god, i figured it wasnt atheist cause the slogan said "probably". Idk, thats just what i thought.
Yeah i know it wasn't i was just saying that's what the sign implied yet it wasn't an option so WTF BOS why try fuck us over all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)