General Thoughts: SOR II (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
WHAT DID EVERYONE RIGHT ABOUT PEACE FFS.
lol. had to get everyones attention. just would like to know roughly if i was on right track coz too broad for me as well :/

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Problems with 21 A, B, D, and why C is the answer.

A) Scientific Humanists are often concerned about the consequences economic exploitation of natural resources.

B) The fact that Ashley attends a Wiccan coven and reads Tarot cards suggests that she is reluctant to rely on guidance from the tradtional religions.

C) Ashley is sceptical about science, which would presumably include medical science. A scientific humanist would have trust in medical science. Subsequently, there is a strong possibility that she would be inclined towards alternative medicine, whereas her friend would not

D) Scientific humanists and New Agers both are concerned with Global Warming.

Screamm

HSC
WHAT DID EVERYONE RIGHT ABOUT PEACE FFS.
lol. had to get everyones attention. just would like to know roughly if i was on right track coz too broad for me as well :/
i did islam/christianity, talked about pacificsm with christianity links to principle beliefs, then talked about greater jihad within islam link to principle, just war theory- christianity, lesser jihad - islam. basically just talked whole lot of shit about each of them, chucked some scripture in, connected to key beliefs and repeated for each argument. :)

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Problems with 21 A, B, D, and why C is the answer.

A) Scientific Humanists are often concerned about the consequences economic exploitation of natural resources.

B) The fact that Ashley attends a Wiccan coven and reads Tarot cards suggests that she is reluctant to rely on guidance from the tradtional religions.

C) Ashley is sceptical about science, which would presumably include medical science. A scientific humanist would have trust in medical science. Subsequently, there is a strong possibility that she would be inclined towards alternative medicine, whereas her friend would not

D) Scientific humanists and New Agers both are concerned with Global Warming.
i wudnt say she is 'reluctant'

but thats a fair analysis

i have no idea which 1 i put

tossed up between c and d

but then concluded d was wrong and so was b

and a was never an option

still dont know tho

IDK! LOL

milomarc93

HSC
so what exactly were we meant to do for the peace question?

was it world and inner peace? with principle teachings and sacred texts thrown in?

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
I didn't talk about world or inner peace, but it was a flexible question.

As long as you discussed principle teachings and gave textual references you should be G.

zakanderson

HSC
The peace question was "analyze the distinctive response of two religious traditions to the issue of peace by linking their sacred texts to their principal teachings"

I just talked about Quran/Hadith and Torah/Talmud and how adherents are guided to the Principal teachings of peace through them. I presumed it was principal teachings of peace not the religions as a whole. I hope it was right haha

it was a very stupid paper but.

and I did both inner and world peace

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My religion and peace essay was so shit. I did like 3.5 pages and I'm hoping for 14. HOPING

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
My religion and peace essay was so shit. I did like 3.5 pages and I'm hoping for 14. HOPING
I'll be disappointed with anything less than 36/40 for the 2 essays to be honest. I think i'll get 24/30 for short answers and then around 24/30 for Section 1. Thats only fucking 82/100, never got less than 91% in a Studies of Religion exam, assignment or assessment before.

Sigh...

lockedbox

HSC
I'll be disappointed with anything less than 36/40 for the 2 essays to be honest. I think i'll get 24/30 for short answers and then around 24/30 for Section 1. Thats only fucking 82/100, never got less than 91% in a Studies of Religion exam, assignment or assessment before.

Sigh...

calm down kev, if we did as badly as we think we've done you should be sitting on the top of the pile with no problems at all.

araboy

HSC
I wrote 2 intros in the whole essay and slept through the rest.

Bookaholic

HSC
N/A
Section III after the exam had me doubting myself. It said justice, and because I didn't know al ghazali for Islam, Islam was hat I did that section. I turned the essay into a religion peace talk. So worried. Everyone else was saying I was meant to do bioethis if I did Islam (cos that's what we covered). Does it matter? The question wasn't specific!

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
in the criteria they have:

1. Incorporates bioethics and/or significant person and/or significant practice

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote 2 intros in the whole essay and slept through the rest.
I kept looking at the guy next to me to see when he would pick up his pen. I didn't see him write a word but apparently he did, just not when I was looking.

Btw, if I had to estimate a mark I'd say:
I: 8-10 + 1-3 + 7-9 + 3-5 = 19-27
II: Paul of Tarsus 2-3 + 3-4 + 4-7 = 9-14
Sayyid Qutb 1-3 + 2-4 + 3-6 = 5-13
III: Buddhism 12-17
IV: Buddhism & Christianity 12-15
Total: 57-86
That's a big gap. Lol
Hopefully it's closer to 86

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)