General Thoughts: SOR II (1 Viewer)

Candidate

HSC
I need to see the paper tbh, can't remember options but If you tell me them, I can tell you what I pciked

the "both statements are false or true" questions were a bit weird
There were so many of those statement qs. I don't even know if I got them right.

The other options were

a. "scientific progress will eventually prove the existence of the supernatural"
c. "Ultimate human happiness is to be found in the sharing of financial and intellectual resources" –– I actually think it could have been this
d. The universe can be best understood through the use of reason and experimentation"

Lectione

HSC
There were so many of those statement qs. I don't even know if I got them right.

The other options were

a. "scientific progress will eventually prove the existence of the supernatural"
c. "Ultimate human happiness is to be found in the sharing of financial and intellectual resources" –– I actually think it could have been this
d. The universe can be best understood through the use of reason and experimentation"
I put D

I read it in notes yesterday

scientific humanists

they want to test things out through experimentation despite initially holding Christian ethics

Kowther

HSC
Also did I do the right answer for the native title?
Wrote how the first part of the questions refers to the historic cases of Mabo and Wik and how it overturned terra nullius blah blah
and in the end I wrote statistics about how Aboriginals are more disadvantaged to everyone due to dispossession (cited last sentence), also they have limited land now bc you know private property (which i cited as well in response)

Lectione

HSC
Wrote how the first part of the questions refers to the historic cases of Mabo and Wik and how it overturned terra nullius blah blah
and in the end I wrote statistics about how Aboriginals are more disadvantaged to everyone due to dispossession (cited last sentence), also they have limited land now bc you know private property (which i cited as well in response)
pretty much same thing

beyond what you said, I talked about the "room for improvement" as seen in the wik decision which said pastoral leases could co-exist with native title, but if the aboriginal and pastoralist are in conflict (100% going to occur lol), the pastoralists rights prevail.

Kowther

HSC
pretty much same thing

beyond what you said, I talked about the "room for improvement" as seen in the wik decision which said pastoral leases could co-exist with native title, but if the aboriginal and pastoralist are in conflict (100% going to occur lol), the pastoralists rights prevail.
And what did you write for new religious expressions? I did materialism but I bsed it.
expecting 2-3/5 for that

Candidate

HSC
I put D

I read it in notes yesterday

scientific humanists

they want to test things out through experimentation despite initially holding Christian ethics
Yeah i think you're right. Rational humanists use reason though, while scientific use 'research' according to multiple notes sources, so I figured it would have been rational humanism. But then rational humanists don't really use experimentation, so D is most correct I think.

Lectione

HSC
And what did you write for new religious expressions? I did materialism but I bsed it.
expecting 2-3/5 for that
I did science

I was talking about how certain scientific findings like evolution discredit religious beliefs, which influences new religious expressions to arise/grow (whatever the question was, can't remember) and then went into how they can't trust religion if it's discredited by science, for how can religion validly answer the enduring questions of life (purpose, origin, destiny), talked more etc

Lectione

HSC
Yeah i think you're right. Rational humanists use reason though, while scientific use 'research' according to multiple notes sources, so I figured it would have been rational humanism. But then rational humanists don't really use experimentation, so D is most correct I think.
yeah

I had to think about that tbh

Candidate

HSC
yeah

I had to think about that tbh
yeah it was a stupid q. B is technically correct too, although it is subjective. Genetic engineering DOES interfere with rights to an extent, hence why cloning humans is banned lol.

Whoever made that q is an arse.

Kowther

HSC
I did science

I was talking about how certain scientific findings like evolution discredit religious beliefs, which influences new religious expressions to arise/grow (whatever the question was, can't remember) and then went into how they can't trust religion if it's discredited by science, for how can religion validly answer the enduring questions of life (purpose, origin, destiny), talked more etc
hm idk I wrote they search for new expressions, self-autonomy, new answers that old religious traditions cannot provide. I forgot what else I said

Lectione

HSC
hm idk I wrote they search for new expressions, self-autonomy, new answers that old religious traditions cannot provide. I forgot what else I said
yep this was pretty much it

new age religions then become an avenue of personal fulfilment

which is more or less just extra discourse, but it can get extra marks

I was focusing on how it led to the actual growth mainly

lolwot

HSC
if i were to predict hopefully

mc: 18/20 (haven't checked really just a guess)
rel and non rel + aboriginals: 8/10
depth studies: 27/30
essay: 16/20
peace: 17/0

Kowther

HSC
yep this was pretty much it

new age religions then become an avenue of personal fulfilment

which is more or less just extra discourse, but it can get extra marks

I was focusing on how it led to the actual growth mainly
yes I wrote about personal fulfilment as well

Candidate

HSC
I think you are right.

I focused more on the 10 point plan as a response to the wik decision and how it made native title harder to prove, hence the room for improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)