General thoughts? (1 Viewer)

SimoneL

HSC
Retreat from the global was pretty good, about preservation and rejection. Hahaha my story was a little effed up though and not in the really bad writing style (although it was probably that as well). My protagonist was literally insane and thought the seedling was a human thing and she didn't like this town so she burnt it down. I have no idea where i pulled that one from. Anyway...ITS OVER NO MORE ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hooray!!!

meghanhelena

HSC
Crime fiction- Passion and detachment?!
I found it difficult to weave in anything about genre, value, conventions, engagement... although I ended up writing 15 pages, with my main arguments concerning the detective is often detached, writing style is often detached/ stark, etc- ultimately due to the reason that the extreme passion/emotions often found in crimes depicted would be too overwhelming and disturbing for a responder.
Hmm.
Creative was quite broad I felt, how I do enjoy the malleability of a picture stimulus! I wrote 13 pages.

Scorch

HSC
Crime fiction was decent. The creative was good, the essay was a bitch, but I think I handled it. The storm annoyed the crap out of me.

Heh, we had about 5 guys doing construction in our year. They all turned up to the exam half an hour late and all left as soon as the first hour finished.

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
jazzman89 said:
yeah it was pretty unexpected.. that passions n detachments stuff on CF =_=
think i managed to get away with it though... story was pretty straightfwd tho =).. meh its over.

I felt the same way, kind of unexpected but you get that. I thought I adapted things, required a bit of planning but I manipulated it to fit the texts I had. ^^ I personally thought the question was a bit harder than usual and I would have liked something to do with the popularity of crime fiction. haha, can't ask for it all.

I thought the story was happy fun time. :3

jazzman89

HSC
TDjie said:
I felt the same way, kind of unexpected but you get that. I thought I adapted things, required a bit of planning but I manipulated it to fit the texts I had. ^^ I personally thought the question was a bit harder than usual and I would have liked something to do with the popularity of crime fiction. haha, can't ask for it all.

I thought the story was happy fun time. :3
yeah exactly =) haha i used passion and passionate about a million times in the essay tho =| well.. i guess every1s in the same boat.. nooo moreee engliiiishhhh!

emmisue

HSC
I did crime.
i thought it was great!!! the creative was so broad, i just put a letter into my preprared medieval story. almost died when i saw the microscope, thought i would fail. but it was speculative fiction, not crime!! so happy!!

essay question was different... what angle did u guys take? I said passion engaged tha audience, while detachment allowed an objective judgement thuis solving of the case, whilst simultaneously allowing a consideration of the values of society it reflects. plus that 4 the detective inside the story too. that allowed me to put heaps bout values etc in,was that right?

jazzman89

HSC
yeah pretty much.. haha i said that the composer reflected the passionate issues of his/her time in passionate characters.. which in turn allows the responder to gain interest in CF.. didnt use critics as much as i wouldve thought tho..

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
emmisue said:
I did crime.
i thought it was great!!! the creative was so broad, i just put a letter into my preprared medieval story. almost died when i saw the microscope, thought i would fail. but it was speculative fiction, not crime!! so happy!!

essay question was different... what angle did u guys take? I said passion engaged tha audience, while detachment allowed an objective judgement thuis solving of the case, whilst simultaneously allowing a consideration of the values of society it reflects. plus that 4 the detective inside the story too. that allowed me to put heaps bout values etc in,was that right?

Yeahh ^__^ I did something like this, like a gateway to allow me to talk about values ~ ! ~ I also talked about characterisation alot and how the audience is connected to the archetypes within a text who are empassioned about sleuthing, or perpetrators who may be motivated by killing, and also the writer who is involved with this construction, and then the moral implications of this, and the moral implications of the society that we live in. Also that as the characters went through progressive stages of passion and detachment from the crime at hand they advanced further in their discovery, and thus the audience did as well in being drawn in, and then disconnected to see the bigger value painting as they were placed in the situations of the protagonist or perp.

If that made any sense, oh the nature of extension essays.

jazzman89

HSC
hahah yes! i think i got most of that.. yeah i think we have pretty similar essays =) i also talked about subversion (detachment) and went on that tangent.. saying that stuff like hound opened up the sturucture by breaking 4th wall.. etcetc. wat was ur creative bout??

jelena2007

Lalallala :)
HSC
man i thought i had stuffed up pretty badly, but after reading what everyone wrote i feel a lot better.. i wrote about the passion of detective to solve the crime and how they are detached from society as well as the passion of the perpetrator towards the crime who is detached from reality, social and moral values.. and just a mixture of things according to my texts.. hope that sounds right enough to get me an average mark... phewww...

this killed me...!!

one more examm!!! wohoooo...!

jazzmuzik

HSC
The essay was OK...i got heaps in there, but i dont think i anwered the question that well... a bit top and tailed

Creative writing was awesome! stimulus fitted perfectly with the sci fi story i prepared about cryogenics, labortory, scientists etc.

sucks if you prepared fantasy related stuff or something a little different, i was just very lucky

overall relief

5 down 2 to go

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
jelena2007 said:
man i thought i had stuffed up pretty badly, but after reading what everyone wrote i feel a lot better.. i wrote about the passion of detective to solve the crime and how they are detached from society as well as the passion of the perpetrator towards the crime who is detached from reality, social and moral values.. and just a mixture of things according to my texts.. hope that sounds right enough to get me an average mark... phewww...

this killed me...!!

one more examm!!! wohoooo...!
Yaaay !!! Me too!! =)
One to go!!

jazzman: my creative was a letter written by a father of a protagonist who was also a detective, and how the daughter always took the letter with her when she went to various crime scenes. She was working on a case of female rape and bash victims and would always remember or refer to fragments of the letter to guide her through moments of an a-moral circumstance. ^_^ She also got captured herself and slashed. Also a twist is that the perp. was actually her superior. DUNDUNDUN. ;_; cliche

xang

HSC
I did RFTG, found it OK. Was hideously unprepared for this exam, but think I managed to get a good enough score, in the 70's hopefully. Essay went FOREVER, including 2 studied texts (inc. 2 stories from LSGOB) and 2 extras...

I used Bioshock as a related text ^_^ If any of you are familiar with the game...

jazzman89

HSC
haha! mine was a parody of poirot trying to find a letter that his wife hid as a challenge to him. pretty left-field i kno.

5 down 2 to go for me!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
cucum3rs said:
i find myself neither content, nor discontent with individual & society. :confused:

my stimulus had nothing to do with the question, and i dont think i answered it properly, but creative was semi-tolerable i guess - im mostly suprised i managed to come up with so much in 40 minutes, with no ideas and no specific paradigms.

and HOW BAD WAS THE STORM! i couldnt hear myself think it was so loud. oh well, another down.
Yeh, it was pelting down for 35minutes, it's shit we got moved from the hall into a building with a tin roof this week, you could hear every single rain drop pining of the roof, GRR.

emilymcs

HSC
Thought the essay question made you think but the creative writing was easy.

lucy--

HSC
i did CF... the essay kinda threw me a little

i talked about the detective mostly - how they have a passion for justice and moral righteousness, yet often need a level of detachment in order to objectively solve the crime

and then for real inspector hound i talked about he rejects the notion of morality and thus conveys an emotional detachment to crime and life in general, through the absurdity of Puckeridge's motives etc.

i babbled on a lot... but do you think that sounds [generally] ok? i didnt really discuss conventions, and the only value was justice/morality etc. i took a really specific angle. and now im worried.

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
Ahhh it was so nice and broad, I could adapt my essay and creative to both Individual and society questions. I think this is the happiest I've been after an Extension English exam. In fact, i wrote heaps more than I normally would - 30 pages! (it really is an achievement for me lol :p)

cheesman

HSC
i laughed when i saw the narrative question (i did genre, crime fiction)
i didnt even do much narrative work yesterday
i made up a word this morning with each letter referring to a point in the narrative
i realised i knew it - its the only story ive done all yr for Crime Fiction, i did it for my trials and memorised it over time
so i just wrote it out word for word, and had the letter as the clue that helps them solve the mystery

but the essay sucked

Last edited:

bekfed

HSC
Module: Gerne, Elective: Revenge Tragedy
Great questions! Great paper! Overall I'm very please with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)