General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

hjed

HSC
hjed, what did you write for the assumptions and specification question?

and do you remember how much marks it was worth?
I think it was three marks, and it was probably my worse question in the exam.

I wrote about the developer assuming the data type for storing the records and that it was specified that they must store the overdue records. (and I filled the whole box with stuff along those lines)

What did you write?

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
I think it was three marks, and it was probably my worse question in the exam.

I wrote about the developer assuming the data type for storing the records and that it was specified that they must store the overdue records. (and I filled the whole box with stuff along those lines)

What did you write?
Something completely unrelated. Like has literally got nothing to do with the question. I misread it and didn't quite get what it was asking. It hit me after I finished the exam and felt like a complete idiot. Oh well. For MC I only had 5 answers that were different to yours. 20 was very confusing. And I'm pretty sure that telephone numbers should be stored as a string because no arithmetic functions will need to be performed on them and some telephone numbers have dashes or brackets for area codes.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i think i got this. maybe state rank? hopefully 96 raw, i think i stuffed up on the binary thing

hjed

HSC
Something completely unrelated. Like has literally got nothing to do with the question. I misread it and didn't quite get what it was asking. It hit me after I finished the exam and felt like a complete idiot. Oh well. For MC I only had 5 answers that were different to yours. 20 was very confusing. And I'm pretty sure that telephone numbers should be stored as a string because no arithmetic functions will need to be performed on them and some telephone numbers have dashes or brackets for area codes.
Yeah, I was undecided on the telephone numbers, decided to go with int, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was string.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
did anyone else bs how programmers use computer networks to aid their development? :p
HAHAHA wtf was that
I just talked about possible collaboration from home or collaboration with developers overseas etc
Sharing files and work documents over the network
Maintaining the software remotely or some bs
What was the question? From the little info you have given it sounds like collaboration would be a good answer. Besides assisting in collaboration you might even be able to mention versioning and revision control and stuff like SVN, git, TFS etc. or how they are used.

Different source code management software have different features but for example shelving (essentially putting changes up on the network, but not "checking them in" to the source) in TFS is extremely useful for sharing changes between your team, backing up your work and a bunch of other things most likely.

Last edited:

hjed

HSC
What do you reckon was the hardest question? or the one you got stuck on for a bit?
Probably that assumptions and specifications, and a couple of the MCs. I know I lost marks on the Floating Point question as well though.

What did you find the hardest?

What was the question? From the little info you have given it sounds like collaboration would be a good answer. Besides assisting in collaboration you might even be able to mention versioning and revision control as well as stuff like SVN, git, TFS etc. or how they are used.

Different source code management software have different features but besides shelving (essentially putting changes up on the network, but not "checking them in" to the source) in TFS is extremely useful for sharing changes between your team, backing up your work and a bunch of other things most likely.
It was how can developers use a network to develop software, or a more elegantly version of that. You had to name and describe two methods.

I talked about Versioning systems and video conferencing.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, I was undecided on the telephone numbers, decided to go with int, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was string.
I'd probably go with a string lol, you'd probably want to concatenate area codes on to it in certain scenarios and with an int that could end bad.

Tbh, in pure OO software there would probably be a class just for a phone number so the different codes could be stored individually and you could encapsulate stuff to do with printing the phone number in a nice format ready for binding somewhere (for example).

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
Probably that assumptions and specifications, and a couple of the MCs. I know I lost marks on the Floating Point question as well though.

What did you find the hardest?
Yeah lol I lost those 3 marks for that question. For the floating point question I forgot about adding the "1." to the mantissa. I've never done questions on floating point -> decimal, always the other way around, so I wasn't ready for it.

I was stumped when I saw the MaxPos question with the blanks. What did everyone write for that? it was 2 marks.

hjed

HSC
Yeah lol I lost those 3 marks for that question. For the floating point question I forgot about adding the "1." to the mantissa. I've never done questions on floating point -> decimal, always the other way around, so I wasn't ready for it.

I was stumped when I saw the MaxPos question with the blanks. What did everyone write for that? it was 2 marks.
You needed to change it so that it was keeping track of position rather than the actual value.

NinjaCaterpie

HSC
I put encryption key, 15B, 16B

Upon rereading, I'm pretty sure 20 was C. I don't know how I missed that.

Other than that, test had a lot more humanities bullshit than I expected. It's always hard to be certain of your marks for those kinds of questions, but it was pretty easy to be honest. I don't understand why more people don't do paradigms, it's so fuckin easy. My teacher didn't really teach shit through the year but I reckon our class is 100% high band 6.

KitchenSinky

HSC
For the array question I answered:
Code:
BEGIN
    WHILE Dick does not equal sucked
          IF I feel like it
              Suck balls too
          ENDIF
          Suck my dick
    ENDWHILE
END
Was this correct?

ayecee

HSC
Okay, did anyone do paradigms? Like anyone at all? Or just me?

ayecee

HSC
Honestly I thought it was stupid of my teacher doing paradigms. (She taught it really poorly... she taught us a paradigm that wasn't even in the syllabus) I thought I was completely screwed for paradigms, but it was honestly not too bad. I reckon I got 15/20. There isn't really much content to know to be honest, compared to hardware I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)