General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

*ccs*

cafs paper

the exam was alright...i wanted more short answer questions, i like them better..and one of the questions wasnt structured right, it was hard to determine who they wanted you to write the responsibillities for, the parent or the child? very confusing anyways...hope every one did well...goodluck

*mel*

Pretty good exam, I thought. I agree about the rights and resposibilities of parents and carers question - I thought that was really ambiguous. We've never really done anything like that before in class, and I'm certain my answer won't get the full 15 marks. I know for sure that I also lost a mark in the multiple choice. I didn't read the question about the socioemotional needs for the aged properly, and now that I look at it, I realise the answer was D and I put A or C. Oh well... but the rest was alright.

HSC
It was what I expected.

My only complaints were the same as you- the responsibilities and rights of parents and carers in different situations and also question 3 in the multiple choice i wasnt too sure on. And one of the questions was EXACTLY the same as in the trial so i was cheering :)

Anyway enough about this exam- gotta get studying for multimedia tomorrow, english the next day, legal studies on friday and maths on monday. Cant wait til the next 6 days are over!

Im over the HSC

HSC
wow i found it quite easy... my hand is STILL aching but not too bad!
yup i totlaay agree with the rights and responsibilities question... overall not a bad paper... fingers crossed!

lozmate

HSC
Ahh. Im glad that CAFS is over and I will never have to deal with it again in the history of my life..

Ahh. My hand is so sore. I think there were too many long-answer questions.. and there should have been more short. But oh well.

... I couldnt believe it when a girl in my class walked out after an hour..

mel871

HSC
i thought the exam was pretty good! no real surprises...the individuals and work questions were really easy! yay!

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
Im glad im not the only one who had troubles with rights and responsibilities! i was just writing anything down there that i could think of.. didnt really even study for that part of the topic either :(
it was good otherwise!

lozmate

HSC
mel871 said:
i thought the exam was pretty good! no real surprises...the individuals and work questions were really easy! yay!
Thankgod! I found those questions easy too! In the trials I had a big of a rough time with them... lucky thats what I studied :)

sarag182

HSC
I thought it was a bit funny how the whole paper was centred around "rights and responsibilities" it was in the short answer, and like 2 or 3 parts of the long response. I wasn't expecting that. I thought this paper was a higher order paper than previous years and i know that i got 1 or 2 multiple choice wrong but besides that im not too worried! Hope everyone else did ok.

HSC
NOT ENOUGH TIME................... the end..............

It was not a hard exam just I need more time to write, like holy moly those 3 hours flew. I cringed when these two girls were late - as always, I just wanted to do it. Did everyone else leave writing centre and student numbers until the end?

HSC
its such a relief to know im not the only one that had trouble with the parenting n carers rights and responsibility question... i got a bit confused abouth the different situations.. cuz they are already in different situations.. but i answered it using whsat i knew... im so glad cafs if over. no more reffering everything back to well being..lol

j.c.ka

HSC
OMG

what is wrong with you people!? haha

i generally do really well at CFS killed the trails but i found that exam to be TERRIBLE. The question structures where HORRIBLE and the short answers weretn SHORT it was pathetic.

I really think that rights and responsibility's questions (while taken DIRECTLY out of the syllubus) was stupid and made it all uo but then again isnt that what CFS is all about?? pulling crap out of your arse??

Not only did i find it hard... but our whole class did even our teacher at the end was like HOYL CRAP WTF WAS THAT.

but hey maybe we all missed something you guys all got??

BORING PAPER which was (im my opinion) much harder then any other cfs paper iv laid eyes on

Last edited:

MaisyMay

HSC
I also agree with the rights and responsibilities question...i wasnt able to write much at all...i ended up pulling alot of it out of my arse...it sounded good tho..lol...

I wrote the essays first and i sooo didnt manage my time properly, i spent over an hour on the groups in context one! 4 and a half pages on the 6 mark question!

but all in all im really happy, there were only three out of ten of us that stayed till the end...(me being one of them)

but yea i also agree with the not enough short answer questions and too many extended response ones...way too much writing...lol

jenroxursox

HSC
yeah i was pretty much the same as all of u, it was good, the questions were good, individuals and work was good seein as i hadent really learnt much about that... my teacher was the worst so my class was basicly teachin ourselves, we barely got thru the whole syllabus... anyway its over which is a relief... good luck for the rest of exams.. ciao

sally_33

HSC
i thought part (c) of groups in context was pretty hard! anyone else? also the 15 markers seemed like 8 markers and some of the ones that were less marks i could have written a bit more on then they were worth

orchid_violet

HSC
j.c.ka said:
OMG

what is wrong with you people!? haha

i generally do really well at CFS killed the trails but i found that exam to be TERRIBLE. The question structures where HORRIBLE and the short answers weretn SHORT it was pathetic.

I really think that rights and responsibility's questions (while taken DIRECTLY out of the syllubus) was stupid and made it all uo but then again isnt that what CFS is all about?? pulling crap out of your arse??

Not only did i find it hard... but our whole class did even our teacher at the end was like HOYL CRAP WTF WAS THAT.

but hey maybe we all missed something you guys all got??

BORING PAPER which was (im my opinion) much harder then any other cfs paper iv laid eyes on

I totally agree with that. I have topped cafs since year 11 and found this the most TERRIBLE paper I have ever done, worse than the 2002 HSC, (now that was a difficult one). The parenting and caring questions was the worse... and too much focused on rignts/responsibilities. My classmates thought it was also bad... and we are committed students, no-one walked out.....

*Buttercup*

HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
NOT ENOUGH TIME................... the end..............

It was not a hard exam just I need more time to write, like holy moly those 3 hours flew. I cringed when these two girls were late - as always, I just wanted to do it. Did everyone else leave writing centre and student numbers until the end?
Yeah i did! lol my hand was KILLING me and i jus had to write the number again and again... soo very painful... they should have ppl there to write ur number for u, then i could've just collapsed in the corner and let my hand recover...

other than that... yeah, it was good :) but yeah, the rights and responsibilities one... haha, i made most of that up!

frootloop

HSC
I was so unprepared for that exam. I spent way too much time thinking about what the heck to write about. I didn't get time to check my answers or to read them over to make sure they made sense. I only just finished.

I'm really worried about the quality of my answers- they were really vague answers and my 'examples' were so made up my markers are gonna have a good laugh when they read my responses. I did manage to get 'well being' into every response at least once so that's something...

I predict I'll get...hmmm...70ish. If I get a marker that actually believes the drible I went on about or is a complete moron I might get about 80.

Actually, that's alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)