• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
click here said:
Does anyone know if there is any difference between an elective and an open elective?
Just a guess but elective = elective relating to your major and open elective = just to fill CP?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah i haven't sent you the rest.

Ok i will :shy:

No i meant textbook? Or, you already bought the textbook and can use it in second session right? Like accounting.

Yeah just read my earlier post on it (and attend helen's PASS ahahahaha) and you should be sweet.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Bobness said:
Oh yeah i haven't sent you the rest.

Ok i will :shy:

No i meant textbook? Or, you already bought the textbook and can use it in second session right? Like accounting.

Yeah just read my earlier post on it (and attend helen's PASS ahahahaha) and you should be sweet.
Oh it's different this year also.. there's no assignment.. just 4 in-class tests and a 70% final :\

Oh and yeah the jap textbook carries over. Nakama 1 for all of first year and Nakama 2 for all of second.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
mitsui said:
oh damn. =( i should do it next semester then coz I really need that payless job. :(
Jing relax! You're only second year.. first year law... relax!! You have NOTHING to worry about for at least another year to that extent.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
uhawww said:
Jing relax! You're only second year.. first year law... relax!! You have NOTHING to worry about for at least another year to that extent.
This is what your wife will be like in the future.

Asians are generally very amiable (and shy :eek:) but also stressed about anything academics/economics.

So glad i took another route.

WHY SO SERIOUS? (using that quote wherever i can)

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
a lot of my friends are like 3rd years (from 5 year degrees) and they aren't even stressing that much, un-needed so early imo

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Bobness said:
This is what your wife will be like in the future.

Asians are generally very amiable (and shy :eek:) but also stressed about anything academics/economics.

So glad i took another route.

WHY SO SERIOUS? (using that quote wherever i can)

i hate it when ppl generalising me as "one of the Azns" althouh I cant blame you :shy:

anyhow.
um. I was only stressing coz my timetable clashes in every possible way. -_- took me a while to sort it out yesterday at uni.

then i realise i need to stop some commerce-loving because I need the units for exchange next yr (yea long story)......so turns out I will leave do 3 law subjects next semester. great. :uhoh:

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
wooo timetable organising - SO FUN OMG.

Haha, if you come to my pass class you'll laugh at me 24/7 :p

karoooh

HSC
Bobness said:
Where are the closest cinemas to UNSW? Ritz?

If i feel like it i'm going to watch Dark Knight again on the Tues when sem starts.

Good prices on that day, no need to bootleg uhawww.
OMG That was when I was planning on watching with a couple friends from uni too. :eek: t's my day off.

And hey, just walked by old Badabagan, it's cleaned up nicely (from what I could tell by walking past really quickly). Will probably open at the start of sem.

karoooh

HSC
Bobness said:
Nah, in accounting stereotypes stick. Like your hand to enormous calculators :read:

Also the edition changes don't mean much in terms of the content (i don't think that changes at ALL). The only thing that changed with the QMA textbook was that tutorial question page numbers changed. I was able to sell that no problems.

But seriously, i know so many people who did well by just revising the webct answers for tutorial and preparation questions at the end of each week. Do that and it's aitch dee! Attempting it before class is helpful (if you even go to class) but the net gain is not worth the effort put in (plotted on a linear equation graph :uhoh: )

Oh carols, why did you elope from this thread without me?

:santa:
It took too long to wait for you. :santa:

I've given up trying to start French revision. Will just put up the wrath of Hugues. Or Caroline, whoever I end up with this sem.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
OMG That was when I was planning on watching with a couple friends from uni too. :eek: t's my day off.

And hey, just walked by old Badabagan, it's cleaned up nicely (from what I could tell by walking past really quickly). Will probably open at the start of sem.
I went to uni today too. Oh em gee the Australia burger was out at Kingsford Mcdonald's so good :eek:

Oh ok. :stalk:stalk:stalk:
karoooh said:
It took too long to wait for you. :santa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQF9kpwupeU

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZYVgEPjj4

Plez read the comments to the second vid :shy: I couldn't find the actual clip to el oh el at.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Yay selling QMB textbook tomorrow :D

Oh and as I was telling Mike, I have Ritz voucher $8 and buy one get one free! But where exactly is it located...???

so crazy tired omggg

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shoxgeneration said:
Yay selling QMB textbook tomorrow :D

Oh and as I was telling Mike, I have Ritz voucher $8 and buy one get one free! But where exactly is it located...???

so crazy tired omggg
We should seriously all watch Dark Knight a second time.

Using Helen's vouchers :shy:

Is that $4 for a ticket? I overpaid then :(

P.S. my reply to carols ruined my post count, was it worth it :(:(

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Bobness said:
We should seriously all watch Dark Knight a second time.

Using Helen's vouchers :shy:

Is that $4 for a ticket? I overpaid then :(

P.S. my reply to carols ruined my post count, was it worth it :(:(
Hmm but I only have one... cos the other one was for Semester 1. Oh but I also have a drink voucher - buy one get one free.. so 2 peeps could opt for drinks instead of tickets *SHOTGUN TICKET* :D

Tues = not a good day - I demand change in the world! :devil:

(Yeah its basically $4 a ticket lol dear - how much did you pay? I only paid $10 for the first time i've watched it, the day after premiere), but that was cos my friend got a special EY social club deal - yay!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shoxgeneration said:
Hmm but I only have one... cos the other one was for Semester 1. Oh but I also have a drink voucher - buy one get one free.. so 2 peeps could opt for drinks instead of tickets *SHOTGUN TICKET* :D

Tues = not a good day - I demand change in the world! :devil:

(Yeah its basically $4 a ticket lol dear - how much did you pay? I only paid $10 for the first time i've watched it, the day after premiere), but that was cos my friend got a special EY social club deal - yay!
Yeah i paid $10. Nah it was worth it in the end. (LOL you and your accounting connections.)

Read my dark knight 'analysis' http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?p=3600314#post3600314.

Speaking of which, hay guyz plez comfort me.

I came 2nd in semester one english :( (just found out by speaking to lecturer today)

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
i wonder who the dude was that is superior to u

like u must wanna kill him

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Bobness said:
Yeah i paid $10. Nah it was worth it in the end. (LOL you and your accounting connections.)

Read my dark knight 'analysis' http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?p=3600314#post3600314.

Speaking of which, hay guyz plez comfort me.

I came 2nd in semester one english :( (just found out by speaking to lecturer today)

Haha, yes indeed - connections are fancy, like panties :p

Yeah just did - it was way too complicated for LIFE. Lol jokes, I agree with your analysis as I imagine, would most people - you just used too high a standard diction for us mere morals to grasp it within seconds, as opposed to minutes :apig:

Oh you did, did you? Well, IMO - it just gives you more drive to do better in coming/future semester/s :) Think of it that way haha. That's how I do it. And hey, at least you didn't drop 11% from pre-finals to post-finals in a subject *anger*

I'm at Uni tomorrow.. which reminds me - must speak to O M G. NEED TO ORGANISE EXCHANGE SHIT FOR PPL FUCK.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shoxgeneration said:
Haha, yes indeed - connections are fancy, like panties :p

Yeah just did - it was way too complicated for LIFE. Lol jokes, I agree with your analysis as I imagine, would most people - you just used too high a standard diction for us mere morals to grasp it within seconds, as opposed to minutes :apig:

Oh you did, did you? Well, IMO - it just gives you more drive to do better in coming/future semester/s :) Think of it that way haha. That's how I do it. And hey, at least you didn't drop 11% from pre-finals to post-finals in a subject *anger*

I'm at Uni tomorrow.. which reminds me - must speak to O M G. NEED TO ORGANISE EXCHANGE SHIT FOR PPL FUCK.
Can you organise an exchange for me?

To your heart :shy:

edit: Japan would do.

Maybe England or Ireland as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)