• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

SFinspired

HSC
I think the Morven Brown / Social Sciences building is the worst building in UNSW. Dull.

HSC
I think the Morven Brown / Social Sciences building is the worst building in UNSW. Dull.
don't forget the walls and ceilings that are swimming in asbestos

EDIT: wot happened to darkwolfx and omium?

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
scares me when we're expected to write at that level in 4th year thesis

HSC
omfg what the hell
lol dw

"The first stage of this investigation into a possible cluster of cancers at the Morven Brown
Building has identified the presence of and potential exposure to a small number of
definite or suspected carcinogens. From the available evidence, none of these exposures
seem likely to have been high enough to have meaningfully increased the risk of staff
members or students developing cancer."

SFinspired

HSC
"none of these exposures
seem likely to have been high enough to have meaningfully increased the risk of staff
members or students developing cancer."
LOL but no carcinogens is better than small amounts of carcinogens!

I cannot believe this shit is happening at my uni...

No wonder all the Art students are stuck up ignorant assholes because their brain cells are deteriorating..

LOL again.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
don't forget the walls and ceilings that are swimming in asbestos

EDIT: wot happened to darkwolfx and omium?
darkwolfzx decided to leave bos to get on with life, contact with him is best done via PM where such notifications are sent to his email.
no news on omium, probably have to hunt him down like last time.

scares me when we're expected to write at that level in 4th year thesis
engineering reports in 2nd year are half that amount.

but you will be in groups.
even better unless your group members are bludggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss

HAHAHA.... Told you that most arts students were retards!
and Electrical Engineering students who use that building for their tutes.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
darkwolfzx decided to leave bos to get on with life, contact with him is best done via PM where such notifications are sent to his email.
no news on omium, probably have to hunt him down like last time.

engineering reports in 2nd year are half that amount.

but you will be in groups.
even better unless your group members are bludggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss

and Electrical Engineering students who use that building for their tutes.
I miss darkwolfzx. Same with omium too seeing as I thought they'd stick around until they both finished their degrees.

I dont know why Im still around. I left BOS around the time I started uni in 07 and it wasnt until late last year that I found out my account was still active and usable.

I only post here because there is no better alternative for a UNSW students forum. Comsoc tried making their own but it failed (the only person who ever made posts was the moderator). So yeah..

And elect engineering students are not classified as retards. Socially inept, probably. But not so far as to be simply designated a 'retard'/

SertseSW

HSC
Or you could simply ask yourself, "How many disabled people do law anyway?"
Surprisingly, a lot. I think almost all my encounters with disabled people are from law. One of even was even my peer tutor.

I think the Law faculty is especially sensitive in allowing special consideration for disabled people. Their way of counteracting their otherwise elitism perhaps?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Surprisingly, a lot. I think almost all my encounters with disabled people are from law. One of even was even my peer tutor.

I think the Law faculty is especially sensitive in allowing special consideration for disabled people. Their way of counteracting their otherwise elitism perhaps?
Doesn't matter. Disabled people will never get hired in a law firm and if they do, it'll only be so that the law firm can advertise that they're not biased against them.

At most, they'll be confined to purely legal research positions.

It's all bullshit at the end of the day. Same thing with how if you're not white, male and preferably from a private school, your chances of becoming a partner at the big firms are marginally slim, if non-existent.

Same thing goes with the Big 4 as well. Mind you, there are always exceptions but not enough of them to counter the general trends and stereotypes.

Beege

HSC
Hey guys do you think I should attend the internships expo tomorrow? I've seen the list of participating organisations but I don't think there is anything related to what I am doing and what I would like to do after uni (which would be multimedia work especially video and sound).

Iruka

HSC
N/A
They amalgamated the biomed library into the main collection.

I thought it was a bit sad - I kinda liked the biomed library with those weird kidney bean shaped desks and the tacky colour scheme.

SFinspired

HSC
Hey since I am doing an Arts degree, will my 2nd year be less intense?
It's just that I'm finding first year a bit too difficult in fitting everything in on time in terms of the given workload.

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)