• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (3 Viewers)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Nawww totally rewarding degrees should be from the faculty of Science, all the newest discoveries (physical discoveries) all come from Scientific research.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Well, lets face it. The most challenging and rewarding (and important) industries/degrees are falling under to quick get rich degrees like Eng/Law/Commerce. The schools that make up Arts at UNSW house the best minds in Australia - but course numbers just continue to drop.
USyd Arts > UNSW Arts.

Rekkusu said:
Nawww totally rewarding degrees should be from the faculty of Science, all the newest discoveries (physical discoveries) all come from Scientific research.
I think Engineering should also be included. eg Engineering research centres in photovoltaics, materials science

Rekkusu

HSC
Still though I think some courses are yet to be finalised for timetabling etc. Biochemistry courses in MyUNSW portal says classes are closed.

The microbio course lecture times are so sad! :mad1:

Rekkusu

HSC
*Deleted my post*

Hey dudes, is anyone clashing alot with other courses? My BIOC course is clashing madly with the COMP course elective...Seems like whoever made this timetable (Or programmer(s) who made this centralised timetable), didn't think that 2nd year students would be undertaking 1st year courses...

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
drmix said:
ha im doin phys1111 too... but y?
because i need another class on friday to motivate me to go to uni. im already planning the skip my stat lecture on thursday.

oh yeh...if anyone who's done math2901 - is it a good idea to skip one lecture a week, or should i just wing it through math2801?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If Matt Wand is lecturing, theres no need to turn up at all. I really hated his teaching style, he effectively taught by examples, didnt really cover the theory but rather just did questions for the entire lecture. The notes are pretty good and are all you need. Either way, missing one lecture a week wont matter too much.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
because i need another class on friday to motivate me to go to uni. im already planning the skip my stat lecture on thursday.

oh yeh...if anyone who's done math2901 - is it a good idea to skip one lecture a week, or should i just wing it through math2801?
MATH2901 is easy and you don't learn much (less than MATH2801).

fins3635
fins3775
math3161/math3101
math3611

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
acmilan said:
If Matt Wand is lecturing, theres no need to turn up at all. I really hated his teaching style, he effectively taught by examples, didnt really cover the theory but rather just did questions for the entire lecture. The notes are pretty good and are all you need. Either way, missing one lecture a week wont matter too much.
degree factory teaching...

I didn't mind Matt's teaching. He seemed fairly into it for what was nothing more than an elementary stats course that he probably didn't have much of an interest in (as opposed to his higher courses). Iuno.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I think Matt is distinterested in this basic stats stuff as his research interest is in nonparametric statistics (basic statistics is parametric stats). With his expertise, he really should be teaching the Honours courses.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Still though I think some courses are yet to be finalised for timetabling etc. Biochemistry courses in MyUNSW portal says classes are closed.

The microbio course lecture times are so sad! :mad1:
What courses are you planning to take Rkkusu?

I may give you some insights. :)

gman03

HSC
Yes I am having clashes with 4th year classes within my own school ... like the only two electives they offer and still clash...

politik said:
Comp1911 will be taught by Richard and some new hawt female lecturer next semester!
That's Manual's wife with strong german accent

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hmmph, wonder if S2 COMP1911 is affected too.

Survivor39: if you know anyone selling microbiology textbooks could you please let me know? :)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hello Curry! It appears as though you've not participated in any discussions for several weeks.

Why not take a few moments to ask a question or to assist a student in need? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)