general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ah but Kingsford is more expensive by at least $3 for noodles. Though I have to say, I haven't really walked down all the way through Kingsford...is there anything special there other than Thai food? (like Oporto, etc?)

Ohh okay, thanks Jemsta, so it's in that foodcourt near clb.

Man, I'd do grocery shopping and cook the food anytime, it's just that by the time you bring it to uni, it's all soggy and cold. Which reminds me...anyone know where the microwaves are located?? (Since I used to use the one in the foodcourt near the Post Office and opposite that Kebabs store)

karoooh

HSC
Um, where are all the kebab stores?

I'm always craving a kebab. :eek:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Ah but Kingsford is more expensive by at least $3 for noodles. Though I have to say, I haven't really walked down all the way through Kingsford...is there anything special there other than Thai food? (like Oporto, etc?)
Two Italian places directly opposite each other, Mama Theresa's and Giovanna... when I was in college last year we established that the former was better for pasta, and the latter better for pizza. *nods* Although, they're not the cheapest places around, but it's nice. They're right near Oporto too. Oporto is much more expensive than maccas, however. Seems to be all about balancing cost vs quality. Also, they all happen to be right near the Rege, which is always a good thing. :)

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
So layk obviously all the best food is in that quad food place near the bookshop.

$5 burgers for the yum.

stephenchow

HSC
Bobness said:
So layk obviously all the best food is in that quad food place near the bookshop.

$5 burgers for the yum.
I dont think the burgers at Tasty Bites are any good.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
$8 steak lunch at the Cooks Hotel on off Anzac Pde's pretty good.

Anyone here went to the Start of Session party?

elfm

HSC
i guess i'll have to forgive you first years for going to tasty bites (aka nasty bites) because you guys don't know any better. general rule of thumb, don't go there if it's at all possible! i only go there if they're the only place open, which is generally only in the evening or during the weekends. they're very grotty to say the least (ask any 2+ yr student) :p actually, any store in mathews arcades is dodgy, except the asian place gets a lot of laksa/noodle customers. the only reason why tasty bites gets so much business is because of their location (convenience) - it pretty much caters for a lot of mathews, library, medicine and biomed people and anyone that happens to walk past that area to get to med/biomed. the viet food place in the pavilion (above mathews arcade) is not too bad.

regents hotel is good place to get some cheap chips and steaks (after 6pm i think). chips+drink+steak is about $10 i think. decent food there, pretty ordinary pub, nice looking bartenders :)

ogalos is better than oportos in my opinion (better creamier sauce, tastier chips, burgers are ownage). they're in opposite directions though so have to make up your mind which one you're going to before you leave uni.

i personally like eating at badabagan (near CLB) the most. it has decent variety (chinese, kebabs, curry, sandwiches) and there's usually plenty of room to sit with friends. lower colonade (near bookshop) is alright i guess, but i hardly go there because the foods not as good as the badabagan, and its usually packed with commerce people.

clems and ivans fernery (in the roundhouse and upper roundhouse respectively) are both pretty good places to eat in my experience. clems - most of their food is pretty fresh and they cook their chips to fresh to order. it's not too expensive either... good for a meal after you finish your classes, sit down with friends with a beer and a meal or something. ivans fernery has probably the best chinese food in uni but its terribly inconvenient to get there during uni time because the roundhouse is so far away from everything. ivan is a great guy too!

as for chinese restaurants along anzac parade, i've found ding dongs and chinese dumping house to be pretty good.

there's this very good gourmet pizza place nearish to uni as well. i forget its name but it's something like gourmet pizza kitchen. very expensive for what you get (smallish pizzas) but they taste great!

there! i hope i've covered all the eating places in and around uni!

stephenchow

HSC
elfm said:
i guess i'll have to forgive you first years for going to tasty bites (aka nasty bites) because you guys don't know any better. general rule of thumb, don't go there if it's at all possible! i only go there if they're the only place open, which is generally only in the evening or during the weekends. they're very grotty to say the least (ask any 2+ yr student) :p actually, any store in mathews arcades is dodgy, except the asian place gets a lot of laksa/noodle customers. the only reason why tasty bites gets so much business is because of their location (convenience) - it pretty much caters for a lot of mathews, library, medicine and biomed people and anyone that happens to walk past that area to get to med/biomed. the viet food place in the pavilion (above mathews arcade) is not too bad.
I'm never going there again. Their food seems to be from yesterday and probably last week.

gman03

HSC
elfm said:
i guess i'll have to forgive you first years for going to tasty bites (aka nasty bites) because you guys don't know any better. general rule of thumb, don't go there if it's at all possible! i only go there if they're the only place open, which is generally only in the evening or during the weekends.

there! i hope i've covered all the eating places in and around uni!
That's the best food guide I've seen in years...

gman03

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Somebody take that post out of here and sticky it at the top.
What's the point? ppl totally ignore the stickies anyway .. "which bus do I catch?", "do I HAVE to buy books" ..etc... is like babydoll_'s post never existed anyway..

We shall keep this golden post to ourselves :)

stephenchow

HSC
gman03 said:
What's the point? ppl totally ignore the stickies anyway .. "which bus do I catch?", "do I HAVE to buy books" ..etc... is like babydoll_'s post never existed anyway..

We shall keep this golden post to ourselves :)
lol, they can enjoy their hawaiian burger (which is from Tasty Bites)

EDIT: I also dont think the sushi at the quad is any good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)