13 is best?

haha
Stop f*cking posting on vista!!!111

Or if you will, at least type in english, no emos. Kthnx

^____________^

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The Medical research seminars are as good as reading a scientific journal without prior knowledge of that research area.

But it's interesting if you're a PhD student/Scientist/GP taking research in a similar area.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Bobness said:
Stop f*cking posting on vista!!!111

Or if you will, at least type in english, no emos. Kthnx

^____________^
Haha, and how do you know who i am on Vista?

stalkermuch?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
Haha, and how do you know who i am on Vista?

stalkermuch?
No one else types as distinctively (shit) as you. What a kent.

Although kudos, it seems you can type ,,,,unlike this o_O now.

Rekkusu

HSC
Lol dude, compared with seeing a dead body or body parts...for some reason his sig does look pretty gross. Also looks abit graphically altered.

You can do so by clicking on the Course names on the right hand side i.e. Vista Orientation i.e. BIOS1201 46 Click on your course name, then find the users you want to chat with. It's like IM. Hm Katy's sig reminds me of some *cough cough* plagiarising from Medical Sciences site.

Rekkusu

HSC
Not really. If you've been a tutor you'll know how the plagiarism service works. And yes, they do cross-reference with previous submissions if they think that the student has violated Academic rules.

volition

arr.
HSC
I reckon most students don't care about who has the paper and so they don't really care that they're signing a 'blank cheque'.

Rekkusu

HSC
Haha nice. Damn I shoulda chosen a B Arts degree or something. With Science, all the time you need to sign the plagirism stuff, even on our Scientific report progress ones, we need to do it all the time.

Anyway, Politik, that's quite interesting...get back to us will you?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Thats because arts is a useless course and no one looks at the papers they hand in. They are allocated a random mark from a database which doesn't really matter because they end up working at Maccas anyway.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
In MATH2240 we recently submitted an epic report which didn't require a coversheet, so it seems random. Isn't there some kind of implicit agreement to not plagiarise etc in just being a student?

Curry: So much Arts hate..lol. With that said, I'm only doing arts for interest's sake; maths is my main aim.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Curry said:
Thats because arts is a useless course and no one looks at the papers they hand in. They are allocated a random mark from a database which doesn't really matter because they end up working at Maccas anyway.
It's still kinda interesting though...right?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Now now in some Universities (such as UNSW) Arts is the only way in which people are able to study things such as political science and international relations ..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Yeah thats what I mean, at USYD politics is done under the Comm/Eco/Business faculty hat, which is sorta why I wanna transfer and cut my degree time by 2 years ....

Thats the second micro lecture in a row I've stood like right next to you alan, lol

Conspirocy

HSC
Sorry but that seems a bit obvious to me (i.e. the plagarism of students work).

I mean with subjects that are very current affairs (I study economics and accounting) they will generally set you assignments that are current affairs based. Eg. Business law students getting an assignment on work choices. Economics students getting an assignment on the US current account deficit, and accounting students getting assignments on the implication of international harmonisation.

Now I'm not the smartest guy, and I'm not suggesting some massive conspiracy theory, but if you were a lecturer teaching a subject and wanted to make it less a waste of your time (a lot of lecturer's hate teaching) wouldn't you set assignments to parallel your research. I mean out of a class of for example 800 for accounting, someone has to find something you didn't think of, even if they are a student.

I don't know about science's etc, but it seems to me that sometimes the assignment tasks are very carefully set.

Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to you. Personally, I don't care if my work is on some database to be used or not used.

Further it's silly to argue against it being placed on a database for plagarism, if you don't hand out your work to people who do the subjects after you there would be no need to worry. That being said, if you are willing to hand your work out to other people, then you should be willing to have it placed in a database to ensure people actually earn their degrees.

Anyway that was totally all over the place...i just got up from my arvo nap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)