general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Trajan said:
I'm not too sure about how things went down last year but this year, you actually have to pay like $149+ to join ARC just so that you can volunteer as an ARC receptionist, yellow shirt, hypesmith, shack tutor...etc so that you can have it all appear on your official UNSW secondary testamur.
You still need to pay without VSU, and it is likely to be more anyway.

If clubs can't get enough of their own money raised to stand on their own two feet, they don't deserve to be bailed out by union funding.

VSU eradicates freedom of choice for students. The premise of forcing fees upon students if they don't want to and also have no choice over where their money goes is grossly limiting and unfair. A lot of union funds are used for political purposes, and it doesn't matter if you agree or not with their policies, you are still supporting them financially if CSU is there. You don't have to join a union if you work, so why should we have to join a union as students?

Trajan

HSC
politik said:
Arc has its paws in near every pot of honey at UNSW, it doesn't really matter if it's CSU or VSU.

Hi Politik, when is the next Atheist Society meeting?

how do i join?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
I talked to some guy on his 4th year doing a 6 year degree in civil engineering and he said the days before VSU were good because the clubs had some cash to organise activities
This is why he was doing a six year degree in normally 4 year degree.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
politik said:
Arc has its paws in near every pot of honey at UNSW, it doesn't really matter if it's CSU or VSU.
Fair point, but they're just making us believe that they are hard-done-by.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Today, the Red Centre had a fire alarm and 2 fire engines came and parked in front of the building ...wtf there was no fire, what a waste of time!

Trajan

HSC
click here said:
Today, the Red Centre had a fire alarm and 2 fire engines came and parked in front of the building ...wtf there was no fire, what a waste of time!
That's happened a few times...it's pretty annoying tbh.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I was outside Kieth Burrows and i heard an alarm go off... I initially thought it was a drill......
Then this bell kept ringing and the fire dudes came. and im running around trying to look for smoke then i thought to myself.

"How the heck would a fire start in the maths building?"

So i walked away disappointed.
Wouldve been cool if it was the Chem sciences building, and it was a real fire :)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Yeah I saw the fire trucks as I was walking into uni this morning, didn't know what was up. Is it wrong that I'm disappointed it was nothing.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
algebra test today at 5!
k ckecklist:

intersection of two vector lines/planes
converting vectors to cartesian and back
checking if vectors are parallel
gaussian elimination to row echelon or reduced row echelon form

... so little .... :(

everyone that mentioned this test said it was pretty awesome

Last edited:

Trajan

HSC
Dumsum said:
lol @ first year maths.

hahaha...i know right. you 1st years need to man up

It's only going to get harder as the years progress.

HSC
Yeh, I saw a fire engine yesterday at 6pm when I was heading home, it was just outside the entrace to the Mech Eng building - thought that was very odd.

And spare a thought for people doing maths 1131 and 1081 - we had two maths tests today....well at least I did. One right after the other.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Is it just me, or does anyone else also notice that first year uni students always like to chat about how they did 4 unit maths in the HSC? I always hear it in conversations on the bus to or from uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)