general UNSW chit-chat (4 Viewers)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Getting a job is mutually exclusive to full-time education for most degrees which require any serious amount of work and effort.

In addition, regardless of the overall time required to achieve a passing grade, it is always better to do extra work and hence graduate with higher skills and experience than the person who didn't spend as much time due to whatever reason (ie. working).

Quite simply, the less time students spend working, the more time they spend studying - which should be the #1 priority of the government. The idea that full-time students should be forced to work is disgusting.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying it's not possible to over *100%* of your rent with rent assistance.

It could be done in other ways, like taking money from youth allowance, commonwealth accommodation scholarships, etc - I'm sure this is what you meant.

edit: ohh.. you're just saying rent assistance isn't enough... meh I think it is combined with YA and I've been living off them combined just fine

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
mm hmm... if anyone can't live off $450/fortnight, even in the eastern (south eastern) suburbs of Sydney, then they have serious budgeting issues. I'm doing it now for $426 (since I'm sharing I get less rent assisntance...even though my rent is higher than it was when I was by myself).

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
shinji said:
Haah yeah thanks. I shall enjoy it.! =D

So how far you end up going with athletics? States? nationals? :p

uhm. he did the following:
- triple jump
- high jump (he can jump over me -_-
- 100M sprint/whatever
- long jump

etc. lol.
just those. what bout u? wht events u do?
hmm nah that's just too cool for school haha states would've been awesome.
made it into regionals for 400 and relay. i remember our relay team stuffing up last baton turnover one time which meant anchor had to wait a few precious milliseconds so we ended up coming 3rd :(

mmm, well i mainly did 400, 200, 100/relay. did others but weren't too hardcore in those in comparison haha. athletics was so fun in high schoool aah memories!

you do kendo @ usyd? i have a friend who did/does it there too - her name's phoebe.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
athletics was LOL....i was like the only asian to try for 100m...

i wasnt exactly slow...but ended up finishing 5th or something in my heat...but not that far behind 1st.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
hmm nah that's just too cool for school haha states would've been awesome.
made it into regionals for 400 and relay. i remember our relay team stuffing up last baton turnover one time which meant anchor had to wait a few precious milliseconds so we ended up coming 3rd :(

mmm, well i mainly did 400, 200, 100/relay. did others but weren't too hardcore in those in comparison haha. athletics was so fun in high schoool aah memories!

you do kendo @ usyd? i have a friend who did/does it there too - her name's phoebe.
phoebe?
is she relatively new? lol.

sucks that you came 3rd tohugh. lol, I was never the atheletic type myself in highschool. i only really played soccer. hahah.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wrong_turn said:
athletics was LOL....i was like the only asian to try for 100m...

i wasnt exactly slow...but ended up finishing 5th or something in my heat...but not that far behind 1st.
Eh? it's not too bad. better than us who never participated in it. hahah

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

I haven't seen these around UNSW yet...

Starcraftmazter said:
This may come as a shock to you, but everyone is different. Making sweeping generalisations based on baseless assumptions, mainly coming from your personal opinions and beliefs does not result in a convincing argument.

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
maybe in summer

Small question: When does enrolment for summer session be made available?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
maybe in summer

Small question: When does enrolment for summer session be made available?
I swear i was just about to make a thread about the EXACT thing last night.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
so then why do summer classes have numbers filled already?
Those are last years summer classes

Forbid you decided on which stream of engineering you gana do?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
i'm so sleep deprived these days kids - staying up to watch the athletics finals at 12:20am
12.20am is considered late nowadays?

and according to student central summer session timetables come out on 22nd of Sept

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Jago said:
12.20am is considered late nowadays?

and according to student central summer session timetables come out on 22nd of Sept

haha they are in context, when they start at that time.. which means after a few races.. it's like 1:15am.... and i have class or work at 9am...... *dies* but on the up-side, one more weekend of this late night business :D

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
haha they are in context, when they start at that time.. which means after a few races.. it's like 1:15am.... and i have class or work at 9am...... *dies* but on the up-side, one more weekend of this late night business :D
weak!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Wow shinji you should take us as apprentices. Haha most of us just study and play, cooking is just so weird.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Wow shinji you should take us as apprentices. Haha most of us just study and play, cooking is just so weird.
uhm. lol?

my cooking ain't all that crash hot =x

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
Those are last years summer classes

Forbid you decided on which stream of engineering you gana do?
Civil/Mechanical/Mechatronic (Alphabetical order not preference)

I don't know about chem eng, because although I am at the top of my class in HSC Chemistry most of that has gone and now I'm a little lost in the chem strand of MATS1101 but even more lost in the materials strand.
my mummy doesnt recommend chem eng.
my dad recommends electrical or mechatronic but probably mechanical, i dont mind as long as there isnt too much maths (e.g. electrical)

HSC
I keep forgetting, I thought you'd do them next year.

No g4ming break for j00!
I will surely be playing Tom Clandy's End War (if it comes out on PC in time...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)