general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Winn

HSC
Really? Is this in course outline or you just heard it from randoms?

My friend said she is certain she failed phys exam today but did well enough all semester to pass...:/

For her sake I hope you're bsing cause people said the same thing about 1131 that supposedly you need to pass final to pass the course but it's actually the combined mark of your semester grades+final
In the course outline it did say you need to achieve a satisfactory mark in all assessment components, which includes the exam, to pass.

However given the difficulty of today's exam I think the exam mark is going to be scaled substantially.

Let's hope so.:shy:

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the course outline does say 'satisfactory' and you don't have to pass the exam, just do 'satisfactory'. Define 'satisfactory' though.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

My friend said she is certain she failed phys exam today but did well enough all semester to pass...:/

For her sake I hope you're bsing cause people said the same thing about 1131 that supposedly you need to pass final to pass the course but it's actually the combined mark of your semester grades+final
yeah it said satisfactory for us too, and i got a bit worried, but i passed with a 56, meaning i wouldve gotten like in the 30s % for the final exam (same mark i got for the midsem).

physics was very hard 2 years ago, they've dumbed it down heaps this year apparently.

Gold Lion

HSC
yeah it said satisfactory for us too, and i got a bit worried, but i passed with a 56, meaning i wouldve gotten like in the 30s % for the final exam (same mark i got for the midsem).

physics was very hard 2 years ago, they've dumbed it down heaps this year apparently.

:/ Oooh not good, apparently her and a few others walked out in less than 40 minutes...

ColdBuffet

HSC

As others have said, it's in the course outline. I was sitting on 51% overall b4 the exam, but hopefully I get a 'satisfactory' mark for the exam :S. Really don't wanna repeat this subject...

Jack Holt

HSC
eh? does this work for all other courses or just the ones you guys are talking about? cause I'm doing International Studies and there's this final exam that I would most probably fail, but otherwise passed the overall..now I'm paranoid, shite :spzz:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the course outline and lecturer would specify if you need to pass the final to pass the course.

so far the only subject ive done that had that condition was comp1911

Jack Holt

HSC
Hmm, how would you interpret:

"Please be reminded that the School requires you to make a reasonable attempt at all assessment tasks in order to get a final grade in this course."

Cheers :wave:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Most ASB courses require you to get at least 40% in the final.
In other news:

[size="+9"]FINISHED![/size]

HSC
lmao i miss driving to that shit smelling race course first thing in the morning to do my exams... almost every semester i had to stay and do 2 3 hour exams same day assholes

Gold Lion

HSC
2/3 down.

just had my comp test...omg what a fail :(
Seriously I dont get how they expect you to finish like huge amounts of code in such a short time span... Sucks cause the programs weren't actually that hard just being short of time was the problem :(

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
contract was a bitch, the facts were soooo long and muddy. SIGH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)