• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked, Secks then Study' Thread

umm.....
i've been doing Q's from the study guide...and there's some stuff in there that we haven't covered in lectures. weighted averages, and pre-tax after tax calculations. it's not outrageously outside the course but cramming for it last minute is sorta not helping....

anyone know if i need to know this stuff?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A

does anyone do viscom here?

krayzie_

HSC

No, review what was in the final lecture, because that is what TK said WOULD BE in the exam.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

krayzie_ said:
No, review what was in the final lecture, because that is what TK said WOULD BE in the exam.
Krazyie is correct, the review in the final lecture should have given you a guide to what to study for the final exam. Nothing outside lecture and tutorial work will be tested.

pari- weighted average contribution margin for the sales mix? (It is on Page 7 of 8 in Lecture 10).

-pari-

HSC
N/A

yeah there was also a weighted average in relation to EPS but i checked the discussion board and jon said it wasn't needed.....

just last minute could someone just confirm these look vaguely right: (these aren't exact figures...)

ASX: 5400- 5900
All ords: 5600 - 6000
AU$: around 94 - 96
cash rate: 7.25
BHP share $P: 42 - 50 (over last month)
RIO share $P:135 - 155
P of oil - $US127.79
P of gold - $AU 90 - 05

spence

HSC

Accounting went surprisingly well for me, I found a lot of the multi choice hard, but the written bit went better than expected

krayzie_

HSC

spence said:
Accounting went surprisingly well for me, I found a lot of the multi choice hard, but the written bit went better than expected
Yeah, same for me. Part II was good, questions weren't intense and it was pretty much given away in the final lecture, but the multi choice was insane. I heard heaps of people saying they didn't get everything done. IMO there was too many multi choice questions, and the time allocations for part II were abit crap.. I spent ALOT more time then the allocated time cos I'm abit of a slow writer but yeah whatever its over now.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

^ same. my time management was seriously screwd. didn't do the cash budget, half the essay and had to randomly fill in like 15 - 20 of the multiple choice.which is annoying coz i actually felt the paper wasn't that bad i knew most of the stuff.

i think i'll be lucky to pass.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

-pari- said:
^ same. my time management was seriously screwd. didn't do the cash budget, half the essay and had to randomly fill in like 15 - 20 of the multiple choice.which is annoying coz i actually felt the paper wasn't that bad i knew most of the stuff.

i think i'll be lucky to pass.
hehe, I think I will be doing accounting during summer session, probably gonna fail by 3-4 marks.

Part 2, was easy if you had practised, albeit part 1 screwed me...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

The final exam for accounting for business has always been really long, and you do have to work really fast.

You will all be suprised how less challenging ATBD's final is (compared to AB).

HSC

Huratio said:
The final exam for accounting for business has always been really long, and you do have to work really fast.

You will all be suprised how less challenging ATBD's final is (compared to AB).
i found acct 2 final to be alot harder- though heavily influenced by the lecturer. There was one question he was meant to put up a solution for on uts online- how on earth were we meant to know what entries to write without being taught how and he never did. The question was pretty much identical in the final- lost a lot of marks for that question as there was a great deal I couldn't do.

Found Acct 1 to be one of the best exams ive done at uni because it's a fair exam. You know if you do the study in tuts etc you'll do well, some other subjects throw in random stuff which get explained for like 2 minutes and then end up being 10 marks in mid or final just to throw people. Find that to be pretty stupid.

maka

HSC

For Accounting for Business, the best strategy is do the most you can on any one question and then if you can do no more, put it aside and come back to it later.

Many people who struggled with time in my cohort, usually just focused upon 1 question and stayed on it until the end result. People should realise it is easier to get 6/10 for all questions than 10/10 for any specific question and then get 4/10 for the rest.

I decided to do the long reponse /practical questions part first and then the MC at the end in case I ran out of time.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ifsonotso_100 said:
i found acct 2 final to be alot harder- though heavily influenced by the lecturer. There was one question he was meant to put up a solution for on uts online- how on earth were we meant to know what entries to write without being taught how and he never did. The question was pretty much identical in the final- lost a lot of marks for that question as there was a great deal I couldn't do.

Found Acct 1 to be one of the best exams ive done at uni because it's a fair exam. You know if you do the study in tuts etc you'll do well, some other subjects throw in random stuff which get explained for like 2 minutes and then end up being 10 marks in mid or final just to throw people. Find that to be pretty stupid.
Oh. I did ATBD in Spring 2007 (when Frank Portelli was sick for like the last week). Pretty lucky that Peter Wells and Jon Tyler took over a bit telling is what topics were going to be tested in the short answer section of the final exam and also answering questions on UTSonline (for those who don't know, ATBD's UTSonline discussion board is unmonitored by teaching staff).

I feel pretty similar to what krayzie and pari said about the accounting final- time management was thrown out the window because the multiple choice took longer than expected (yeah, I did the multiple choice first).

HSC

Huratio said:
Oh. I did ATBD in Spring 2007 (when Frank Portelli was sick for like the last week). Pretty lucky that Peter Wells and Jon Tyler took over a bit telling is what topics were going to be tested in the short answer section of the final exam and also answering questions on UTSonline (for those who don't know, ATBD's UTSonline discussion board is unmonitored by teaching staff).

I feel pretty similar to what krayzie and pari said about the accounting final- time management was thrown out the window because the multiple choice took longer than expected (yeah, I did the multiple choice first).
haha u were lucky. I emailed, called etc but he was useless and didn't respond. I even spoke to him in the final class and he was like oh crap didn't I put it up. Waited a bit and he never did- emailed and called him too but no luck.

So hoped that topic wouldn't be testing what we didn't know/get taught properly but it did.

If Prabhu is taking it now it's cool but it was such a different atmosphere that it's hard to believe it's the same uni when you from acct 1 to acct 2.

Donski

HSC
N/A

motherfucking hell im not ready for eco.

...I know Saint Peter will call my name never an honest word but that was when I ruled the worlddddddd

krayzie_

HSC

Donski said:
motherfucking hell im not ready for eco.

...I know Saint Peter will call my name never an honest word but that was when I ruled the worlddddddd
Me too, I had two days to study for it. Nothing is really solid solid in my head. MCQ - alright, Part 1 - Externalities, Part 2 & 3 - Fiscal and Monetary policy :D

HSC

when i did it i remember the mcq's being very straight forward and the exam was a very fair one. If u did the work u'd do well- ie: wasn't a rote learn exam.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Nothing is really solid solid in my head. MCQ - alright, Part 1 - Externalities, Part 2 & 3 - Fiscal and Monetary policy :D
Same for me. I find macro so much easier than market structures and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)