General UTS chit-chat (2 Viewers)

blOwfish

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Start of Autumn Semester' Thread

hmm.. i think ill give the business students a voice..

So hows people going with the course and all? What do you dislike and like? Which lecturers or tutors are better than each?

I for one think business first year is a drag... especially economics and MPO... but marketing's fun!!. Hmm Spring sem mainly finance subjects as well including Business statistics (and from what i hear and seen, i think im gna struggle)

Hmm.. meH ... sleep time for me ... dead tired carrying that god damn accounting textbook today..

G'nites people =)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC

what's the assignment ask you to do? fill me in :D

if its a research type thing, they probably expect you go online and use the various databases available to get more info

rormonor

HSC

blOwfish said:

So hows people going with the course and all? What do you dislike and like? Which lecturers or tutors are better than each?

I for one think business first year is a drag... especially economics and MPO... but marketing's fun!!. Hmm Spring sem mainly finance subjects as well including Business statistics (and from what i hear and seen, i think im gna struggle)

Hmm.. meH ... sleep time for me ... dead tired carrying that god damn accounting textbook today..

G'nites people =)
Well, since Im doing business/computing I only do acocunting and mpo this semester but so far..mpo is annoying me.. but accounting is ok so far. And the accounting textbook is so heavy!! its like 1000+ pages. Accounting Lect is funny though; esp when thoes pple go up to the front and act out what Jon wants them to lol.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC

Panda Bear said:
what's the assignment ask you to do? fill me in :D

if its a research type thing, they probably expect you go online and use the various databases available to get more info
It's on flour beetle's and how their population develops under specific conditions, the intorduction and methods is due next week. We started the experiment a while ago but got no specific info about research.
Most of the articles on the library databases are the same ones posted on uts online. I don't know how we're supposed to get more info if that's what they want us to do.

krayzie_

HSC

Phyuk_Yiu said:
It's on flour beetle's and how their population develops under specific conditions, the intorduction and methods is due next week. We started the experiment a while ago but got no specific info about research.
Most of the articles on the library databases are the same ones posted on uts online. I don't know how we're supposed to get more info if that's what they want us to do.
I haven't started yet but will be starting soon, I think it wants an Introduction and Methods.. It should be about 2 a4 pages =.=

But I'm abit confused, the only time we did anything related to the assignment was in the first prac.. Hence, are we goint to base both the intro and methods on the first prac and whatever resources have been provided?

Thank god its a group thing

sandz_2

HSC

krayzie_ said:
haha well if you had stats today at 2 then you were in my class! lolol

Where abouts were u sitting.. i was sitting on the 2nd comp closest to the wall thats near the door

krayzie_

HSC

sandz_2 said:
krayzie_ said:
haha well if you had stats today at 2 then you were in my class! lolol

Where abouts were u sitting.. i was sitting on the 2nd comp closest to the wall thats near the door
HUH, no thats exactly where I was sittin! second computer against the wall next to the door. There was a girl sitting next to the computer closest to the door? The 15 minute computer? lols, wait you were in Ed's room at 2pm todaay yeaa?

sandz_2

HSC

whoops i completely missed the 2pm part about ur post lol. I'm in the 9am class, which means im not in your class lol

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
haha, did you do this at home or were u still at uni? ahh yea freakin im a slow writer, i sacrificed my neat writing for speed. lol, so now its heapss messy n not as slow. lol

freakin that was the worse, so much writing - haha n people were still talkin like maniacs. she needs to excercise some control. she was gonna crack it near the end.. hahahah
nar i did this at the library
yeah gosh there was soo much writing today...luckily i brought my laptop or else my arm wouldve fallen off
yeah i could tell she eas going to go nuts....i would be too if i was in her position
gosh some people dont know what stfu means

krayzie_

HSC

sandz_2 said:
whoops i completely missed the 2pm part about ur post lol. I'm in the 9am class, which means im not in your class lol
Hahaha, damn!

jemsta said:
nar i did this at the library
yeah gosh there was soo much writing today...luckily i brought my laptop or else my arm wouldve fallen off
yeah i could tell she eas going to go nuts....i would be too if i was in her position
gosh some people dont know what stfu means
lol, man thats a long time considering its weighting, but at least your gonna ace it.
yea she was goin crazy wth her notes, its so fckn gay how she doesn't provide us wit no notes - and the fact that she explains while everyone is rushin to write it down. i dunno bout everyone else but few ppl have told me that its kinda hard to write really fast and pay good attention to what she's sayin. haha, i mean she says she got no time, then every other lecturers got time n what is all the HECS n money gettin paid for? LOL

Its a crack up hearing her ask "Come on now, Quiet down, That doesn't mean you can talk, Thats not an invitation to talk, I can't hear the question!, Can you please be quiet" x 1000 times per lecture. Funny but sad.

50bux she is gonna crack before the end of the yr

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Hahaha, damn!

lol, man thats a long time considering its weighting, but at least your gonna ace it.
yea she was goin crazy wth her notes, its so fckn gay how she doesn't provide us wit no notes - and the fact that she explains while everyone is rushin to write it down. i dunno bout everyone else but few ppl have told me that its kinda hard to write really fast and pay good attention to what she's sayin. haha, i mean she says she got no time, then every other lecturers got time n what is all the HECS n money gettin paid for? LOL

Its a crack up hearing her ask "Come on now, Quiet down, That doesn't mean you can talk, Thats not an invitation to talk, I can't hear the question!, Can you please be quiet" x 1000 times per lecture. Funny but sad.

50bux she is gonna crack before the end of the yr
mate you wouldnt believe how relieved i was when i got home....technology wasnt my best friend today
my phone ran outta battery, so i had to use a payphone :(
yeah, maybe thats the only way well turn up to lectures...by not putting them up online. i guess its a good thing when you think about i
haha unless youre a good multitasker, then yes it would be difficult to write and hear at the same time
bahahaha i wouldnt be surprised if she had a nervous breakdown just from us :D

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
mate you wouldnt believe how relieved i was when i got home....technology wasnt my best friend today
my phone ran outta battery, so i had to use a payphone :(
yeah, maybe thats the only way well turn up to lectures...by not putting them up online. i guess its a good thing when you think about i
haha unless youre a good multitasker, then yes it would be difficult to write and hear at the same time
bahahaha i wouldnt be surprised if she had a nervous breakdown just from us :D
haha i had to use a pay phone the other day too. bloody battery died, phone kills it hard.

haha good strat, but from her point she would wanna keep those talkin out of the lecture room. yea its heapss hard to hear her explain shit when ur busy writing. did u hear her say that if she dont finish the lecs we gonna have to learn it for ourselves cos its gonna be examined? thats sick!

hahahahhaa... she'll retaliate on all of us with the exams o_O what i dont understand is - all the peep that talk.. should i assume that they know all of this already? haha they better all pass - the noise in SDA is the same - i guess they all did well in math n are gonna be gettin D's n HD's while maintaining their chatter :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
haha i had to use a pay phone the other day too. bloody battery died, phone kills it hard.

haha good strat, but from her point she would wanna keep those talkin out of the lecture room. yea its heapss hard to hear her explain shit when ur busy writing. did u hear her say that if she dont finish the lecs we gonna have to learn it for ourselves cos its gonna be examined? thats sick!

hahahahhaa... she'll retaliate on all of us with the exams o_O what i dont understand is - all the peep that talk.. should i assume that they know all of this already? haha they better all pass - the noise in SDA is the same - i guess they all did well in math n are gonna be gettin D's n HD's while maintaining their chatter :D
yeah something about quantum...i think its based on the sheet that we were given today
i was half doing other stuff...like gaming in between slides..gosh i was so hungry i wanted to just get the fuck outta there and eat
yeah i think shell get her revenge by setting hard ass exams where the failure rate is prob 40%
haha how cruel...yeah they think this is just revision from hsc chem, so they think they know everything
and if youre gonna fucking sit there and talk so somewhere else...i dont wanna hear your mumbling every 5 secs
gosh there are some fucking idiots in our lectures thats for sure

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

Gah
when you don't come into this thread in a while
theres so much to read
i can't b bothered reading all the past

anyway Hai :wave:

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
yeah something about quantum...i think its based on the sheet that we were given today
i was half doing other stuff...like gaming in between slides..gosh i was so hungry i wanted to just get the fuck outta there and eat
yeah i think shell get her revenge by setting hard ass exams where the failure rate is prob 40%
haha how cruel...yeah they think this is just revision from hsc chem, so they think they know everything
and if youre gonna fucking sit there and talk so somewhere else...i dont wanna hear your mumbling every 5 secs
gosh there are some fucking idiots in our lectures thats for sure
i hope they just all... fail.. i would laugh my head off..
you know she might just do that? its the only thing she can do but if she does she better take into consideration the n0obie students too =D
yea fucking lil kids for sure.

goan_crazy said:
Gah
theres so much to read

:wave:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

blOwfish said:

G'nites people =)
Thankyou. We need to dethrone the science people from this secks thread.

For my subjects so far:
Business Law and Ethics: Lots of reading, and the mid-semester is in week 7 (week after vice chancellors) so im worried about that.
Business Stats: Haven't touched the assignment; but for the content i'm up-to-date. I'm keeping up to Luke's (tutors) requirement of 1 independent study question a week lol.
Marketing: Lots of work has been stacking up. Not as easy or fun as I thought it would be. Hardly touched the textbook because I haven't had the time. I have a feeling the mid-semester is going to be a bitch too.
Database (IT): Easiest subject I'm doing this semester. Got 3/3 in the first pass/fail exam. Thinking about doing the credit, distinction and high distinction assignments.

goan_crazy said:
Gah
theres so much to read

Most of it is on science, hardly any business people are on nowdays.

rormonor

HSC

i partly blame accounting homework lol.. it gets boring very fast and theres so much to do and it takes soooo long to finish =(

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
i hope they just all... fail.. i would laugh my head off..
you know she might just do that? its the only thing she can do but if she does she better take into consideration the n0obie students too =D
yea fucking lil kids for sure.
damn if thats happens, were gonna be in a lose lose situation...not good at all
meh well see what happens this week...a quiz to study for then the mid session in a few weeks time
oing to be hectic thats for sure

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
damn if thats happens, were gonna be in a lose lose situation...not good at all
meh well see what happens this week...a quiz to study for then the mid session in a few weeks time
oing to be hectic thats for sure
ya its gonna be hectic lucky u dont need to do the CGE experiment ^^ ya the mid semester exams are gonna be around all the same time.. /cry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)