- Population Geography
then our next option:
2 out of
* Cultural Intergration
* Political Geography
* Development Geography
* Natural Resource Use

LAST :
THE SGP which takes up the LARGEST ASSESMENT MARK OUT OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE COURSE!

ddtng

HSC
Hah expertdkx I was confused at first looking at your subjects, but now I think you're looking for next year's thread. :p

Anyways, is your class really going to spend the rest of the year on the SGP. At best, its a throwaway assignment intended to fill the fieldwork component of the prelim syllabus, and its mostly intended as an out of class assessment (which is pretty important IMO, as there's barely enough fieldwork required in the HSC). It really should be done in your own time.

Besides, wouldn't it be more productive to use that school time for other subjects as prep for next year, or even maybe start the HSC earlier?

splexington

HSC
I do geography as well! We just finished all our topics before our trial (which happens to be tomorrow, how fun!).

We started with Urban places, mainly focussing on Dynamics in Pyrmont as a case study. Ecosystems we did GBR and alpine areas as a class and for our assessment I chose to do intertidal wetlands. For the last topic (the name escapes me at the moment) we did Tourism. Pretty boring actually.

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
letsfindlara said:
Apparently no-one on bos does Geography, but me. :santa:

If anyone else does it, what have you done in class so far, and are currently doing? We did topic 3 first, People and Economic Activity, and focused on the Wine Industry. Now we're starting Topic 1, Ecosystems at Risk. Our case studies are the Great Barrier Reef (along with every other kid) and the Stockton Bight Sand Dunes.

Cheers,
The only Geography student in 2007(??) xo.
sure i do Geo
1st topic:
Biophysical interaction
2nd topic:
population geography
3rd:
Development geography

the 4th is what we studing now is:
Cultural integration

my SGP topic:
Global Warming in Australia: How global warming affects Australia's economy and its people?
got full mark for stage 1 and 2
:)

Jess007

HSC
i do geo. fairly good subject. sorry cant help ya out on ur SGP, i did mine on the lcal government

taleski

HSC
OMG im not the only geographer ....

well im in my preliminary year and theres like 10 ppl in the class lol....
i dont know why ppl dont choose geography its not that bad. lol by the way nxt year at my school theres no1 doing geographhy.
ahh the SGP i rember that... took me 5 hours and got miself top in the class..
by the way i got an exam 2morrow any1 wanna gimmie notes help!.... this year the subjects we did were biophysical interaction all that atmostpher,biospher,hydropshere and lithosphere..umm and development geography, political geography and population geography...
and i just wanted to kkno does geography scale well???

nahdia

HSC
hey, we just started our HSC course at mt st patrick college in murwillumbah. its quite hard but still interesting. the first topic we have started is ecosystems at risk, and the assignment is very hard. its due tomorrow. i just have to finish the bulk of it

hopefully ill survive!
from nahdia, a fellow geographyer :read: lol you're not alone!:drink:

dennise

HSC
omgshhh i hattee geographyy...itss too much work!! grrrrrr i hope it dies

Crashy19

HSC
dennise said:
omgshhh i hattee geographyy...itss too much work!! grrrrrr i hope it dies
it is a lot of stuff
and then it feels like miniscule amounts in the hsc
cliche i know but- hang in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)