German continuers Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Kimbles2011

HSC
No I usually go over a fair bit. If you look at the sample answers, many would not fit in the given lines.
Haha yeah monologues suck. I was the guy that put his hand up in the waiting room and asked whether stopwatches were fine, remember me :p ?
I normally go over the lines a far bit too - there's always so much to write :)

yours

HSC
No I usually go over a fair bit. If you look at the sample answers, many would not fit in the given lines.
Haha yeah monologues suck. I was the guy that put his hand up in the waiting room and asked whether stopwatches were fine, remember me :p ?
Are you talking about the Goethe day?? I was there! Sorry I don't remember anyone saying that.. I had never gotten a straight answer out of anyone about it, but on the day of the french exams I brought my own in and they said it was fine to use.

ngoetz

HSC
I hate the way they mark listening for the tests. You have to write down everything even if it's irrelevant because you don't know if they'll just 'decide' it was necessary to mention some single word. They should make simpler questions with more difficulty in the conversations... like harder vocab. At least that's how I felt in all the school assessments
Yeah exactly I wrote heaps fir a question in the trials and got a mark taken off because I didn't mention this tiny little thing. Here for the guy that finds it hard to compromise I didn't say that the towels were in the basin because I didnt feel it was that relevant to his inability to compromise. Hope they don't feel it is :S

ngoetz

HSC
Are you talking about the Goethe day?? I was there! Sorry I don't remember anyone saying that.. I had never gotten a straight answer out of anyone about it, but on the day of the french exams I brought my own in and they said it was fine to use.
Nah the actual oral exam at Sydney uni

yours

HSC
Yeah exactly I wrote heaps fir a question in the trials and got a mark taken off because I didn't mention this tiny little thing. Here for the guy that finds it hard to compromise I didn't say that the towels were in the basin because I didnt feel it was that relevant to his inability to compromise. Hope they don't feel it is :S
haha I felt so nasty writing those responses. It's like here is why I think he is an awful, selfish person. It was the same with Ramona.

ngoetz

HSC
I'm impressed by the fact that you both do extension! You must blitz continuers - State rankers??? hahahah???
Really hope so. But in the end it's all a matter of a mark or two and believe me I am by no means the only native speaker. I have never seen more blond blue eyed girls than at the extension oral.

Kimbles2011

HSC
Do native speakers always top?

I'm so envious - wish I spoke German at home because I do love it.

student23

HSC
was easy, does anyone from here have a german background ? or came fromgermany recently or so

Kimbles2011

HSC
I'd love to continue German at uni or if not at uni do a course at Goethe.

I just don't want to forget how to speak at language which has been such a big part of the last 5 years of my life.

ngoetz

HSC
Do native speakers always top?

I'm so envious - wish I spoke German at home because I do love it.
Haha after this year I can't stand it anymore :p nah it's a nice language. What school do you go to? and yeah I imagine they do.

yours

HSC
I'd love to continue German at uni or if not at uni do a course at Goethe.

I just don't want to forget how to speak at language which has been such a big part of the last 5 years of my life.
me too. It seems like such a waste to just 'stop' after year 12. did you have your oral at sydney uni?

Kimbles2011

HSC
Haha after this year I can't stand it anymore :p nah it's a nice language. What school do you go to? and yeah I imagine they do.
What school do you go to ngoetz?

I go to a Girls school in Sydney :)

Kimbles2011

HSC
me too. It seems like such a waste to just 'stop' after year 12. did you have your oral at sydney uni?
I was at Sydney Uni! How did your speaking exams go guys?

I got asked about a party - explained the party - a parttime job - exchange - german culture vs french culture - whether I would like to try salsa.... :)

yours

HSC
I was at Sydney Uni! How did your speaking exams go guys?

I got asked about a party - explained the party - a parttime job - exchange - german culture vs french culture - whether I would like to try salsa.... :)
i talked a lot about a trip I went on and also how people smoke in europe lol and also diet

yours

HSC
That sounds good - they are higher order questions so snaps for you :)
I liked doing it! Did you? It was so much nicer than the stupid monologue which was stupid T_T
In retrospect I would've prefered to do no extensions and instead do another language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)