German continuers Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Kimbles2011

HSC
Haha I'm on iPod touch that's why :p

Yeah I accelerate maths and German extension so tomorrow is my last exam :) haha maths went okay because I only studied for German (couldnt do the proving it's at a ratio of 2:1 thing and the very last part of 10). I'm doing four unit this year so it doesn't count anyways :)

What about you?
Impressive! I had maths today too and I thought it was quite a fair paper, I know I made a few mistakes here and there but I'm hoping for a band 6. Maths probably won't count for me, unless something goes attrociously in Chemistry. So it looks like it will be my 12th unit...

Wow, A 4 uniter. Good luck with that...

So I'm guessing you're on an academic scholarship? :)
Snaps for you!

ngoetz

HSC
Impressive! I had maths today too and I thought it was quite a fair paper, I know I made a few mistakes here and there but I'm hoping for a band 6. Maths probably won't count for me, unless something goes attrociously in Chemistry. So it looks like it will be my 12th unit...

Wow, A 4 uniter. Good luck with that...

So I'm guessing you're on an academic scholarship? :)
Snaps for you!
Haha thanks yeah I am :) Yeah 4Units pretty tough :S

I thought it was a pretty fair paper too, but I always make these silly mistakes (in my half yearly I lost two marks for rounding... in question 1a) .

Well, thats the good thing about doing 12 units :) I'm doing chem as well, it just seems like a lot of content!

Kimbles2011

HSC
You = maths god. I definately lost more than 2 marks, only losing two marks, that's epic. Well done! :)

Good old chem, it's a great subject. It's good to have something to balance out the humanities as well. Your maths skills will help you as well, not that the calculations are ever hard.

So including your accelerated units and units from this year how many units will you have all up? :)

ngoetz

HSC
12 all up, 9 this year (3u English, 4u Maths and Chem). So yeah, its pretty chilled :) 12 free periods a week. Yeah chem seems quite interesting... my teacher is a bit senile but :p Hey this is a bit random, but I have to pick a dot point from module 1 and one from mdoule 2, find a link between them and then design an experiment around that... any recommendations??

Yeah, I agree about balancing the humanities part. Some kids do all the histories etc, but I think it would be terrible to have to memorise all those essays!

What other subjects do you do? :)

Kimbles2011

HSC
12 all up, 9 this year (3u English, 4u Maths and Chem). So yeah, its pretty chilled :) 12 free periods a week. Yeah chem seems quite interesting... my teacher is a bit senile but :p Hey this is a bit random, but I have to pick a dot point from module 1 and one from mdoule 2, find a link between them and then design an experiment around that... any recommendations??

Yeah, I agree about balancing the humanities part. Some kids do all the histories etc, but I think it would be terrible to have to memorise all those essays!

9 units - sounds brilliant. Chem is interesting and you can rote learn most of it. Um, for the experiment thing - modules 1 and 2 - acidic enviro and production?
What I would suggest would be a dotpoint about acidity/ionisation from acidic environment and a dot point about batteries from production.
And for the experiment create a lemon battery....Is that too simple? It was the first thing that came to mind. Let me think about it and I might come up with something better. That's a bit tough though, there aren't too many links between the two modules.

So yeah? Did that help at all?

Yeah - it's so important to have a balance. My subjects are 3 u english, mathematics, chemistry, modern history, german continuers, sor 1. And that's it.

Kimbles2011

HSC

I thought of another prac. You could look at condensation polymerisation in the Production of Materials and the process of Esterification in the Acidic Environment. You could do a reflux prac - however this would be more difficult than the lemon citric acid battery. Do you have access to a lab for the experiment?

ngoetz

HSC
9 units - sounds brilliant. Chem is interesting and you can rote learn most of it. Um, for the experiment thing - modules 1 and 2 - acidic enviro and production?
What I would suggest would be a dotpoint about acidity/ionisation from acidic environment and a dot point about batteries from production.
And for the experiment create a lemon battery....Is that too simple? It was the first thing that came to mind. Let me think about it and I might come up with something better. That's a bit tough though, there aren't too many links between the two modules.

So yeah? Did that help at all?

Yeah - it's so important to have a balance. My subjects are 3 u english, mathematics, chemistry, modern history, german continuers, sor 1. And that's it.
Thanks, yeah batteries seem like a good idea! What about seeing whether the strength/concentration of an acidic electrolyte affects the voltage of a galvanic cell...?

As for the rote learning, gotta compete with all the asians in that :p

Your subjects seem like a nice combo :)

ngoetz

HSC
I thought of another prac. You could look at condensation polymerisation in the Production of Materials and the process of Esterification in the Acidic Environment. You could do a reflux prac - however this would be more difficult than the lemon citric acid battery. Do you have access to a lab for the experiment?
Ahhhhh that sounds good, thanks!!! And yes, I do, they give us whatever equipment/materials we need

Kimbles2011

HSC
Yeah...Bit of a tricky task though. There aren't too many links between the two modules. But esterification could be a one because its a bit more sophisticated. But it takes a long time, so if you don't have that long go with the electrolyte/batteries thing.

And good luck for tomorrow too!

ngoetz

HSC
Yeah...Bit of a tricky task though. There aren't too many links between the two modules. But esterification could be a one because its a bit more sophisticated. But it takes a long time, so if you don't have that long go with the electrolyte/batteries thing.

And good luck for tomorrow too!
Time should be fine, thanks a lot :) Good luck with the rest of your exams too!!!

Kimbles2011

HSC
Time should be fine, thanks a lot :) Good luck with the rest of your exams too!!!
Hope it helped. Good luck with the assessment.

Thank you, Hopefully the rest of my exams will be nice and easy :) Sor tomorrow, then 4 days, then english extension, modern and chem in a row. Can't wait to be finished!

How was 3 u German?

ngoetz

HSC
Hope it helped. Good luck with the assessment.

Thank you, Hopefully the rest of my exams will be nice and easy :) Sor tomorrow, then 4 days, then english extension, modern and chem in a row. Can't wait to be finished!

How was 3 u German?
German was fair, might have lost a mark for one question, but its looking good :) So glad its over!!
Are you going anywhere with your friends after the HSC? I'm assuming a modern languages student wouldn't venture into the didnt-get-an-atar-just-a-gold-star schoolies slums :p
Good luck with that! Did you do crime writing for 3U english?

Kimbles2011

HSC
German was fair, might have lost a mark for one question, but its looking good :) So glad its over!!
Are you going anywhere with your friends after the HSC? I'm assuming a modern languages student wouldn't venture into the didnt-get-an-atar-just-a-gold-star schoolies slums :p
Good luck with that! Did you do crime writing for 3U english?
I'm glad to hear it went well :)
I'm all about sleazy bars...Jokes! I'll be doing a classy get away with my best friend. We're going to Melbourne for a couple of days, or a week. We haven't booked anything yet.

I don't do crime fiction for 3u...If only! My life would be so much easier. I'm a HSC rarity and I do Textual Dynamics. It's painful, interesting and enjoyable at the same time. Are you doing crime?

ngoetz

HSC
I'm glad to hear it went well :)
I'm all about sleazy bars...Jokes! I'll be doing a classy get away with my best friend. We're going to Melbourne for a couple of days, or a week. We haven't booked anything yet.

I don't do crime fiction for 3u...If only! My life would be so much easier. I'm a HSC rarity and I do Textual Dynamics. It's painful, interesting and enjoyable at the same time. Are you doing crime?
That sounds nice! And yeah, crime rules. I love Silence of the Lambs. Anthony Hopkins just has the best voice.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I've heard crime is really great from friends who do it. It beats Textual Dynamics anyday. Calvino makes my mind explode.
Crime will be great for creative writing too :) Fun times!

ngoetz

HSC
I've heard crime is really great from friends who do it. It beats Textual Dynamics anyday. Calvino makes my mind explode.
Crime will be great for creative writing too :) Fun times!
I hope so, it seems quite fun :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you guys please stay on-topic (german). If you want to talk about other things please take it to a relevent thread, PM or your profile walls. Thanks :)

Sophia H

HSC
for extension in the böse Hänsel and gretel story, is the witch who "musste elendiglich verbrennen" the SAME witch who told the lion the story? : "das weiß ich von jener Hexe, die sie (die Geschichte) mir anvertraut hat"
No. The "jener" is anticipatory, and refers not to the witch of the story but the witch who TOLD him the story - different people. As you say, it's logically impossible for them to have been the same witch, as she definitely burnt to death.

jef94

HSC
I don't do german, i do french but I was wondering if we're allowed to bring a dictionary into the exam? i'm assuming it's the same for all languages...

ngoetz

HSC
Yes, mono/bi lingual dictionaries may be brought into the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)