German Extension HSC Predictions (1 Viewer)

absta

HSC
What does everyone think the essay questions will be about?
Because I have no clue..

And also, with the questions for the stories..
do you think they'll ask Emma for the english response and Spag for 2 for the german response? Because those are the only ones that havn't been done for those..but I duno ..you can never tell wat BOS are gonna do..but yeah what does everyone think?

elisabeth

HSC
My extension prediction:

Dreamerish and knoblett will nail it :D Good luck guys

*bows out of thread of subject she doesn't do*

scoby_2000

HSC
something about peer pressure being a problem in our soceity...

what is the normal form of an extension exam?

like section 1-3 ?

absta

HSC
what do you mean by form?

the first qstn is usually a passage from a story n they ask you qstns relating to that passage and story
second qstn is another story...you usually have to write a diary entry/letter/ conversation between characters of another story

third bit is a choice between two essays
past HSC essay qstns since 2001 have been stuff like
- materialsim- not time for other people
- importance of good education to be successful
- hard to avoid peer group pressure
- society's tratment of the elderly
-media's influence on young poeple- ie it encourages unrealistic expectation etc
-graffiti is vandalism caused by disillusioned youth..
- youth and future- creating a more adhesive society

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
absta said:
what do you mean by form?

the first qstn is usually a passage from a story n they ask you qstns relating to that passage and story
second qstn is another story...you usually have to write a diary entry/letter/ conversation between characters of another story

third bit is a choice between two essays
past HSC essay qstns since 2001 have been stuff like
- materialsim- not time for other people
- importance of good education to be successful
- hard to avoid peer group pressure
- society's tratment of the elderly
-media's influence on young poeple- ie it encourages unrealistic expectation etc
-graffiti is vandalism caused by disillusioned youth..
- youth and future- creating a more adhesive society
Do you still have your essays?

Could I please please please look at them?

One thing we can be certain about is that we won't need to pretend to be a Stenogramm character.

scoby_2000

HSC
hello

just a little translation help with Das Stennogramm

what does

"Wofur hat dir mein Vater eigentlich die Spikesreifen gekauft? Na Also.

what this mean? :S

absta

HSC
The woman's saying to her husband,

"Why else did my father actually buy you studded tyres?".

She's telling him to drive faster. Studded tyres apparently make your car travel faster so she's sort of using that as justification to get away from the accident as fast as possible..because she feels guilty about not doing anything about it, but at the same time is too selfish to report the incident .

Peartie

HSC
I think it wont be Masken but it will be spag fuer 2 and im thinking it MIGHT be Business Class / Steno.

scoby_2000

HSC
business class and stenogram are definatly the number 1 contenders becoz they speak about most "issues"

masken doesnt speak about shit, thus i doubt it will be usefull...its my fav. story tho :)

spag 4 2 is cool...i know that one best

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
absta said:
The woman's saying to her husband,

"Why else did my father actually buy you studded tyres?".

She's telling him to drive faster. Studded tyres apparently make your car travel faster so she's sort of using that as justification to get away from the accident as fast as possible..because she feels guilty about not doing anything about it, but at the same time is too selfish to report the incident .
no they're the special tyres for travelling when its snowy/the roads are icy (icy roads were the reason for the crash)

and dreamerish, i have an essay i just wrote if you want to read it. its correctness im not sure of, but it was about prejudices. let me know

absta

HSC
melimoo said:
no they're the special tyres for travelling when its snowy/the roads are icy (icy roads were the reason for the crash)
really? my teacher told us that it was to drive faster, to get away from the accident, but now that i think about it what you said makes more sense

Peartie

HSC
In a way they help 2 go faster as it enables the car 2 get a better grip

Good luck all

3 days

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
absta said:
really? my teacher told us that it was to drive faster, to get away from the accident, but now that i think about it what you said makes more sense
Yeah, remember Ms. Barda said the woman has authority over the man because of her father's financial contribution to their family?

Melimoo: I found my own essays! :D But if you don't mind uploading yours...

absta

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Yeah, remember Ms. Barda said the woman has authority over the man because of her father's financial contribution to their family?

yeah i remember that, but i don't remember her saying anything about the studded tyres being for icy roads..maybe i wasn't listening properly

btw, i havnt done many more essays since the ones i showed you during the trials but come on msn and we can go through the practice ones we've done at school

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
eh heres' my essay. you guys can tell me whats good/bad. well mostly bad :eek:

Liegt es in der Natur des Menschens Vorurteile au haben, oder sind sie anerzogen?

Es lässt sich nicht leugnen, dass alle Menschen Vorurteile haben, das ist bestimmt ohne Zweifel. Was wir aber feststellen müssen, ist warum wir solche Vorurteile haben. Es wird von vielen Leuten behauptet, dass es daran liegt, dass Vorurteile ein Teil der Natur des Menschens seien. Davon bin ich überhaupt nicht überzeugt. Ich bin der Meinung, dass Vorurteile anerzogen sind, wegen des Einflusses unserer Gesellscahft. Diskrimminierung und Vorurteile sind immer ein Problem geworden, und heutzutage werden wir noch mit diesem Problem konfrontiert.

Es gibt, in unserer modernen Gesellschaft, viel, davon Leuten beeinflussen sein könnten, besonders Jugendliche. Die Jugend wird leicht von der Medien beeinflusst. Zum Beispiel, wenn sie Rassismus oder Diskriminierung am Fernseher oder in Zeitschriften sehen würden, galuben sie, dass solche Mentalitäten in Ordnung und normal seien und dadurch haben sie mehr Vorurteile gelernt.

Eltern Spielen auch eine große Rolle. Werte werden durch Generationen übertäagt, das heißt, durch Eltern zu ihren Kindern. Deshalb werden die werte, die die Eltern von ihrer Eltern gelernt hat, in gleicher Weise bei ihren Kinder gelernt.

Unsere Gesellscahft betont Gesellschaftsshichtern und Divergenzen, di wegen Vorurteilen und Diskrimminierung existieren. Als Folge davon, können wir überall Vorurteile sehen, sei es in der Medien und Werbung, in der Schule oder sogar zu Hause.
Die Folgen solcher Vorurteile zeigen sich durch die Taten von Leuten. Gewalt wegen Rassismus und Diskrimminierung ist ein nicht zu unterschätzendes Problem geworden. Ein andere Beispiel für die Wirkung von Vorurteile is Magersucht. Jugendliche sehen immer Menschen in Zeitschriften usw., die stäandig schön und schlank sind. Es liegt an dieser Ideologie, die unsere Kultur fördert (d.h. das schön bedeutet schlank usw.), dass wir Probleme wie Magersucht haben. Sie akzeptieren die Vorurteile ihrer Gesellschaft, ohne danach zu fragen.

Es versteht sich von selbst, dass Vorurteilen anerzogen sind und das bedeutet, dass wir etwas dagegen machen können. Wenn Eltern und Schulen dagegen unterrichten würden, bin ich der Meinung, dass wir das Problem ändern könnten. Aber, wir sollten nicht vergessen, dass es immer noch einer weiter Weg wäre, bis wir keine Vorurteile hätten. Gruppendruck und der Einfluss der Gesellschaft ist ja schwer zu vermeiden, aber wir sollten uns bemühen, die Lage zu verbessern.

scoby_2000

HSC
i reckon we will be given an extract from Spag for 2 or Bus. Class

and in the big compre. Q we will hav 2 compare either Emma and Heinz or like Marcel and emma or something

scoby_2000

HSC
what do you mean techniques?

this chick in my class was talking about "techniques" as well

what do they mean and what are they?! :O:O:O:O

scoby_2000

HSC
yea i thought its just preety much intuition

omg

why dont german extensioners come on to here and discuss!!!

now i will fail :(:(:(

are techniques really important?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I'm just reading through my stories.

Good luck people! :) Don't stress too much (although I am).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)