Germany Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

nedcooper1

HSC
taya? i think it is. How do you do my good friend? coping well? wish i had your modern brain at the moment i have really put off studying for this one. The only one im really stressed about. anyway see you monday and if you had any indochina information that could be of any assistance could i borrow? my email is ned_cooper@hotmail.com. Anything is appreciated

JDurrant

HSC
*revives thread*

Any ideas for this years Trial and HSC questions?

I'd love a Weimar.

Zephyrio

HSC
For the CSSA, I really think it will be:

"To what extent was Nazi Germany a totalitarian society from 1933-1939?"

or

"Explain how Hitler was able to consolidate his power in the period 1933-1934."

or

"Evaluate the view that Hitler was solely responsible for the development and implementation of Nazi racial policy."

I don't think Weimar will be assessed this year. It was in last year's CSSA paper.

bling05

HSC
Zephyrio said:
For the CSSA, I really think it will be:

"To what extent was Nazi Germany a totalitarian society from 1933-1939?"

or

"Explain how Hitler was able to consolidate his power in the period 1933-1934."

or

"Evaluate the view that Hitler was solely responsible for the development and implementation of Nazi racial policy."

I don't think Weimar will be assessed this year. It was in last year's CSSA paper.
What are you basing these predictions on?

If you're right I love you.

Alsoooo, what was the other Germany question?
And what was the WW1 section based on?

Is there anywhere I can get hold of last years CSSA paper?

impervious182

HSC
Erm... I can tell you with certainty that the question will not be on WWII, seeing as it's not in the syllabus. Our study need only go to 1939, unless we want to mention the opportunism of Hitler, in that he signed the 1939 Nazi-Soviet Pact, even though he had no intention of honouring it and in fact, in 'Mein Kampf' he had argued that the Soviet's and Communists were the eternal enemies of the Aryan race.

Any question about culture and society under the Nazi's would be annoying. Hopefully we'll be able to choose between the fall of Weimar, the accession to power of the Nazis or Nazi foreign policy.

ASNSWR127

HSC
I hate "assesing historians viewpoints"...

Most of them are middle age grumblers with nothing to present but the bleeding obvious.

Especially relevant in Modern History where most of them are too colse to the event and/or directly affected by the event itself.

Speer is a perfect example of this.

ASNSWR127

HSC
nedcooper1 said:
ièm thinking one question this year might be 'assess the impact of the german army on politicial processes up to 1933' as that is one of the key issues and features that has not been discussed yet (although sylabus is only a year old i know) as nationalism was done last year and successes and failures of democracy has been done alot in previous years. Thoughts?

Well I hope it is something on the Wermacht!

There are certainly some very interesting characters in there! All of the politicking between the Waffen SS and the Wermacht is one of the more fascinating stories to be told in history!

The spineless attitude of the Wermacht, the brainwashing of its junior officers and Soldiers, the oath to "our Fuherer Adolf Hitler", the deployment of Wermacht troops, Luftwaffe aircraft and Kreigsmarine ships when precipitating global war and how often Hitler was right in foreign policy and when he was his confidence in the Generals faltered... and much more!

mmmm that would be good :)

el gwapo

HSC
I'm pretty sure they won't give anything that is specific on the economic sphere, or the political sphere alone, etc.

i.e. if you're hoping the Depression it'll probably ask something about its economic impact, maybe asking you to assess alongside the political impact of it. Or if it's the Wehrmacht, maybe the political involvement with the remilitarization of Germany, the Nazification or something.

Make sure all of you can connect the dots together. As well being able to generalize and then pinpoint.

dadu53

HSC
Thankyou so much for this!
Bookmarked and will deffers be using =D

mfinlays

HSC
Account for the successes and failures of democracy in Germany in the period 1918-1933

jellybelly59

HSC
I have a question. Do all essay questions in the external HSC and internal HSC have to make reference to the key features and issues of the syllabus because i've checked past papers and they all do that. It also says in the syllabus that students investigate the KEY FEATURES AND ISSUES (in bold lol) of the history of Germany 1918-1939

kelllly

HSC
Sorry I can't answer your question but I do know that the Key Features and Issues often make up the essay questions. To prepare, ask yourself which 'Students learn about' dot points relate to each Key Feature and Issue.

meggo-meggo

HSC
I have a question. Do all essay questions in the external HSC and internal HSC have to make reference to the key features and issues of the syllabus because i've checked past papers and they all do that. It also says in the syllabus that students investigate the KEY FEATURES AND ISSUES (in bold lol) of the history of Germany 1918-1939
Yeah, they can really only assess you on the key features and issues of the syllabus, as in all subjects. Basically if you can write an essay on each of the syllabus points you should be just fine. :)

lvjd09

HSC
It normally surrounds the idea of 'The Failure of Weimar Republic' or 'Hitler and Nazism' role/impacts/accession'

Wondersmash

HSC
Hi, I am currently doing an essay on Germany and cannot find a good example for "It is to be noted that each one references to the constitution and therefore the workplace of Reichsprasident, then controlled by aging war hero Paul von general, had already been removed. Instead, a lot of stress was placed on faith and nationalism."

This is a paragraph for Nazism control over the armed forces

enoilgam

HSC
Hi, I am currently doing an essay on Germany and cannot find a good example for "It is to be noted that each one references to the constitution and therefore the workplace of Reichsprasident, then controlled by aging war hero Paul von general, had already been removed. Instead, a lot of stress was placed on faith and nationalism."
That sentence needs some work - it is too long and the expression is all over the place.

jemma13

HSC
Any ideas of what this years (2014) question will be??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)