Germany - where are you getting your notes from?? (1 Viewer)

driaxx

HSC
I'm writing my notes from the History Teacher's Association book and 'Republic to Reich' by K J Mason. I sort of trust the History Teacher's association a bit more because it's written by History Teachers themselves and follows the 'students learn about' part of the syllabus more directly.

It misses out on certain things though like the Volksgemeinschaft (the people's community) etc. I don't know if I should include them in my notes in that case? The start of my notes were mainly from 'Republic to Reich' and are nearing 70 pages but since i've started with the HTA notes they've been a lot shorter.

This is so stressful!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Republic to Reich is very very detailed and comprehensive. I would recommend it over the HTA book because it gives greater depth on the issues that are raised in the latter book. Refer to the syllabus for the dot points that may be examinable, and build upon your notes by referring to both sources. You could also use other books such as the Oxford Modern History textbook, the MacQ study guide or Anne McCallum's Democracy to Dictatorship.

But personally, I would rely upon the Republic to Reich book the most. Just my personal opinion :)

driaxx

HSC
Thanks a lot for the help and the list of resources! :)

el gwapo

HSC
No offense to the earlier posts, but I would suggest to use various sources regarding any historical topic simply for the fact that you need to cross reference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)