Get in with single....transfer to double (1 Viewer)

erm

HSC
Hey guys just wondering if it's possible to transfer/pick-up a double degree say at the end of a semester or end of the first year.

I say this because I am interested in a double degree but I doubt I'll be able to make the cutoff for one of them, so I figured I'd do the other half first (which has a lower cut-off) and then try combine it with the other degree asap (once i get in).

Is this possible, and if so, how hard is it to do? (or should i be looking elsewhere where the combined cut-off for both courses is within range?)

(NB this is @ unsw and the course i'd want to add on is commerce)

spence

HSC
Yes you can depending on your GPA, you'd probably need close to a D average

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Remember that you also have to go through UAC rather than an internal transfer.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Get in with single....transfer to double

erm said:
Hey guys just wondering if it's possible to transfer/pick-up a double degree say at the end of a semester or end of the first year.

I say this because I am interested in a double degree but I doubt I'll be able to make the cutoff for one of them, so I figured I'd do the other half first (which has a lower cut-off) and then try combine it with the other degree asap (once i get in).

Is this possible, and if so, how hard is it to do? (or should i be looking elsewhere where the combined cut-off for both courses is within range?)

(NB this is @ unsw and the course i'd want to add on is commerce)

There is a list of majors you can transfer to and from
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/current/transfer/schedule.htm

Depending on your transfer you may need to lodge a formal application to UAC or just transfer internally

Also,
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/current/transfer/index.htm

I'm also hoping to transfer from Engineering to a double degree myself when applications for next year's semester open.

erm

HSC
spence said:
Yes you can depending on your GPA, you'd probably need close to a D average
Okay thanks for that.

This leads me to my next question....how hard is it to maintain a D average in engineering (consider that i'm not a genius at maths...but am one of those people who achieve through hard work -- also have done quite well in 3unit (borderline band 6)).

And can you do such a thing halfway through the year or do you have to wait a year?

erm

HSC
Re: 回复: Get in with single....transfer to double

Forbidden. said:
There is a list of majors you can transfer to and from
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/current/transfer/schedule.htm

Depending on your transfer you may need to lodge a formal application to UAC or just transfer internally

Also,
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/current/transfer/index.htm

I'm also hoping to transfer from Engineering to a double degree myself when applications for next year's semester open.
What are you intending to transfer to, and what do you think your chances of success are (in relation to your marks)? (if you don't mind me asking)

spence

HSC
erm said:
Okay thanks for that.

This leads me to my next question....how hard is it to maintain a D average in engineering (consider that i'm not a genius at maths...but am one of those people who achieve through hard work -- also have done quite well in 3unit (borderline band 6)).

And can you do such a thing halfway through the year or do you have to wait a year?
I'm pretty sure you'd have to wait until the end of the year. Personally not sure about how easy getting Ds in engineering would be. From what I hear, it takes a lot of work

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
from what i hear. people faill their way out of engineering.

erm

HSC
forgot to ask, but does this transfer consider your uai or just your uni marks?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Get in with single....transfer to double

erm said:
What are you intending to transfer to, and what do you think your chances of success are (in relation to your marks)? (if you don't mind me asking)
The requirements are not much.
Must be in good standing and pass 30 units of credit (5 subjects).
Engineering/Arts.

spence

HSC
erm said:
forgot to ask, but does this transfer consider your uai or just your uni marks?
Most courses use both, but I'm pretty sure for UNSW commerce its just the best of the two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)