• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Get Rich Or Die Trying (1 Viewer)

krome24

HSC
N/A
this movie was pretty good, just saw it and i thought it wud be like a typical gangsta shootout in the hood but it actually had a decent storyline and like it shows 50's background before rapping kinda thing.

if ur a 50 cent fan - this shit is for u for sure!

robbie1

HSC
top movie

still think 8 Mile is a litttle better, probably because i can relate to it a little more

however, GRODT was very enjoyable and 50 did very well for his first time acting

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
two wiggas posted above me in this thread, two very very lame-tasted wiggas

lol @ movie-rating sites who actually know what they are talking about bag 50 out for his horrible acting and lol @ them giving the movie some of the worst ratings since 'gigli'

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:

lol @ movie-rating sites who actually know what they are talking about bag 50 out for his horrible acting and lol @ them giving the movie some of the worst ratings since 'gigli'
so you didn't like the movie?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
no i didnt see it in cinemas i just downloaded it awhile ago watched a bootleg version, horrible fucking movie and the acting is pure shit expect terrance howard who carries EVERYONE he has a scene with.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:

for someone who hates 50 you seem to be obsessed with him

you respond in every thread related to him

and you should see the movie before you judge it, why are you letting other people form your opinion?

faggot

stazi

Nightman
HSC
robbie1 said:

and you should see the movie before you judge it, why are you letting other people form your opinion?

faggot
no, responding to something doesn't mean you're obsessed with it.
and he did see the movie before he judged it.
also, when a great majority and i mean an overwhelming majority tend to think that this movie is ridiculously SHIT, then I think he has every right to go along with what others are thinking.

It is clear that you do not have a terribly refined taste in movies. Perhaps, at the level I was at eight years old when I thought that Spice World was an excellent film.

Let me guess, your other favourite movies are The fast and the furious and the such?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
robbie1 said:
top movie

still think 8 Mile is a litttle better, probably because i can relate to it a little more

however, GRODT was very enjoyable and 50 did very well for his first time acting
and waaaaaaaaaait you can 'relate to it a little more'. Ok, i guess you were born into an abusive family, was surrounded by blacks, and became one of the only succesful white rappers too?
Please tell me you can relate to 50 cent as well. That would make my day.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:

faggot

hiphophooray123 said:
no i didnt see it in cinemas i just downloaded it awhile ago watched a bootleg version, horrible fucking movie and the acting is pure shit expect terrance howard who carries EVERYONE he has a scene with.

READ!!

and i respond to every thread relating to whats going on in the world of rap/hip-hop anyway and i like ridiculing teenyboppers.

robbie1

HSC
saying its a 'shit' movie is just an opinion

so you have your opinion, which in hiphophoorays case, was surely formed even before he saw it

my opinion is that its a good movie, i enjoyed it

so neither of us are wrong, however you are trying to make out that i am wrong

good day to you all

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, one can easily say that your opinion is wrong. It isn't a 'good' movie by any measure. You may have liked it, but one can not classify this movie as 'good'.
I love Freddy Got Fingered, but I understand that the movie isn't a 'good' one

krome24

HSC
N/A
ok its pretty obvious that the purpose of movies is to entertain the audience, correct? and this movie certainly entertained me and thus i consider it a good movie. i dont think u can place standards on good movies, that "21st worst movie ever made" is some1 elses view, just coz they say it is, doesnt make it so for everyone else. i know u might be saying shit like yeah the screenplay, the acting, the storyling, the directing and whatnot are crap, but despite that, u cant objectively say the movie is shit, coz it did what it intended to for me - entertain.

anyway, hiphophooray, ur an areshole. the end. ps: im not white.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes you can. you can objectively say the movie is shit for those reasons.
Acting - crap
Screenplay - crap
Storyline - crap
Directing - crap
Entertainment - variable depending on the person.
Thus you can say that the movie is shit, as on most factors it's crap.
SUBJECTIVELY you could perhaps make a case for it being good to some individuals (who lack intellect).

M.I.A-187

HSC
From what i heard my friends said that boyz in the hood completely shit on that movie. Entertainment vice, value vice and err other stuff vice.

THey never show that movie in hong kong for hk movie industry pay negroes no rep which sucked.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
stazi said:
yes you can. you can objectively say the movie is shit for those reasons.
Acting - crap
Screenplay - crap
Storyline - crap
Directing - crap
Entertainment - variable depending on the person.
stas dear, you havent seen the movie, and neither have i, but i would venture to suggest that the direction (by jim sheridan or "my left foot" and "in america") is probably not all that crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)