Getting a job after high school (1 Viewer)

360flip

HSC
N/A
Basically i have never worked anywhere ever nor did work experiemce but once highschool is over and when i have uni tafe or whatever i hope to apply for a casual/part time job. can anyone list the ideal place for uni students with no resume to work? i don't care where i am going to work for my first job!

fast food outlets?
convience stores?
skateboard shops?
game shops?
cloth shops?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you're going to be 18 by November-December, try applying for a Christmas Casual position at Australia Post (or any of the major retailers for that matter). That was technically the first job I officially applied for and it gives you some good work experience (as well as a fair amount of money). I'm sure you'll get bored in the 3-4 months before uni/TAFE starts.

You can usually apply via their website in around August. Same goes for Myer, K-Mart, etc. Once you have this Christmas Casual experience, it makes finding a part-time job during uni a little easier because you can then have a resume!

Tingaling

HSC
oh ... icic... i never knew they have more casual experiencing.. kinda stuff... during christmas... thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)