• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting a Job. Before Hsc or after Hsc (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
aussiechick007 said:
i thought maccas paid worse.... i'm 17. i used to get $8 something when i was 15 lol
they pay you more... like com'on 11 bucks an hour, i got more.. even that other girl confirmed it.. macc's is alot better, but its such a shit job. it destroyes your social life, family life and your entire life...

HSC
lol ok then, well my only choice is coles as its the only big employer for casual work in this town

calagain

Banned
HSC
conics2008 said:
wow i woudn't mind working at coles.

You have alot of career opportunity. The pay for the love of GOD, how old are you ??

11 bucks com'on.. not cool... i rather go back to mac's and still get paid more. wow never knew mac's are better paying then coles.
if you think $11 is bad for our age on a normal day then you're insane, i know a lot of people earning <10, big w pay $11.60 and $15.80 i think on sundays. that's pretty much as good as it gets as a 17 year old - if the maccas rate is higher then it's probably because you need subsidise all the skin care products you'll need to buy from being around their shitty, greasy food all day

HSC
conics2008 said:
fair enough.... are you currently working ???
what do you mean? yes i said i'd been working there since the end of yr 10... and probably more than i should

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
After working at Greater Union, BLAH job =gay.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
working at the newsagent i get $10.22/hr and time and half on sundays
i work about 2 shifts of 3 hours, so 6 hrs all together, im 17 years old.
the workload is easy. the only problem is when theres angry customers that ring up and complain that they didnt receive their paper on sunday mornings. i have to pretend to care.
my bf used to work at hungry jacks, DONT WORK THERE. he used to get a shit amount of around $6/hr when he was maybe 15, 16 yrs old, but he used to get a tonne of hours.

I'd say dont do the fastfood industry and go into retail instead :)

conics2008

HSC
gloworm14 said:
working at the newsagent i get $10.22/hr and time and half on sundays
i work about 2 shifts of 3 hours, so 6 hrs all together, im 17 years old.
the workload is easy. the only problem is when theres angry customers that ring up and complain that they didnt receive their paper on sunday mornings. i have to pretend to care.
my bf used to work at hungry jacks, DONT WORK THERE. he used to get a shit amount of around $6/hr when he was maybe 15, 16 yrs old, but he used to get a tonne of hours.

I'd say dont do the fastfood industry and go into retail instead :)
yeah thats what i want, i dont want any fast food shops, they piss me off. xD :ninja:

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
My family demand me to apply for a job before the official HSC exams 'cuz they say it will be very hard once you finish the exams for everyone else wants a job as well. I don't know. Finding a job can distract me from studying but whatever, they are too persistent.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
become a cleaner now. im shit serious, the hours are good and the pay shits all over anything else.
Originally Posted by sonyaleeisapixi
i work 4-7pm monday and some thursday afternoons depending on my uncles health (which is as predictable as natural disasters in aisa)
and from 3-7am saturday mornings.
i also get paid 26.35$ an hour

conics2008

HSC
danzo90 but what are you chances of GETTING a job...

do the maths buddy....

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Getting a job would be preferable pre Year 11.

dpospination

HSC
i would recomend after the HSC, but still, look around for some jobs prior to so when u finish u can get them if u want too

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Before HSC if you want to be generous and drop your ranks down.

After HSC if you're not THAT generous.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Jobs are effort.
I work like 1-4 hours a week.

I get $40 an hour/ $20 an hour depends what I do.

To the OP.
Do whatever floats your boat, I mean i don't care about your problem, and frankly since i'm 'competing' against you, i think you should work at maccas daily.

But you would be wanting to wait it out, only like 4 months to go d00d.

lol @ cal, michael has no idea about comebacks/anything.

HSC
Undermyskin said:
My family demand me to apply for a job before the official HSC exams 'cuz they say it will be very hard once you finish the exams for everyone else wants a job as well. I don't know. Finding a job can distract me from studying but whatever, they are too persistent.
Your family are right, if you are able to obtain a job before the end of the HSC, I'm sure that if you are upfront with the employer they will let you start afterwards - its good for them because they already have staffed positions they need, and only have to wait a few weeks before you can start. My work did this with quite a few people last year. But not all places will be as flexible as this.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
yer8899 said:
where do you work?
I teach a fitness class of four kids.

Four x $10

And people pay me to play tennis against them.

20-30$ an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)