Getting A Job (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
Does anyone know where I can get a pretty god job that is like on the weekends or after school but does not finish like past 8pm? Not sure if Easyway discriminates people or if they are slow, but like 6 of my non chinese friends and I applied long time ago and havent been replied. One of them has a lot of experience considered they work for a year at Boost and a year at ticket tek well for a year 10 that is alot.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
You can negotiate hours with your employer once you get the job. If it's a standard retail/supermarket job you'll probably have to compromise and work till about 10pm on Thursday nights (extended trading hours and all). It's not impossible to negotiate not working past 8pm but you'd more than likely be doing it at least occasionally.

Aznmichael92

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
You can negotiate hours with your employer once you get the job. If it's a standard retail/supermarket job you'll probably have to compromise and work till about 10pm on Thursday nights (extended trading hours and all). It's not impossible to negotiate not working past 8pm but you'd more than likely be doing it at least occasionally.
yeah thats what people have told me but parents dont want me to come home late :D thanks for the advice.

Also I am not so sure why people are so happy to work at McDonalds...

My friend almost broke down her house when she received an email requesting an interview

johony

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
Not sure if Easyway discriminates people or if they are slow, but like 6 of my non chinese friends and I applied long time ago and havent been replied.
It seems like they quite openly discriminate by not allowing non-asians to be employed or even apply.

I had a non-asian friend try to apply for Easyway, but the guy told her that "they only employ asians". At least they could've showed some subtlety and discriminate them after they hand their resume in, but no..

tahlzz

HSC
i know that if you go to little cafes or little business
you will find a lot of work and they will mostly finish early and pay well
due to the fact that it is not a large company etc

Aznmichael92

HSC
MichaelNguyen said:
greater union, woolworths - they pay me a casual rate of 18.50 an hour
omg thats so decent pay like ticket tek $18 haha thanks

Aznmichael92

HSC
johony said:
It seems like they quite openly discriminate by not allowing non-asians to be employed or even apply.

I had a non-asian friend try to apply for Easyway, but the guy told her that "they only employ asians". At least they could've showed some subtlety and discriminate them after they hand their resume in, but no..
btw with that, cant they be sued for discrimation?

kow_dude

HSC
johony said:
The last time i went to EzyWay near UTS was operated by a curry.

Aznmichael92

HSC
mythical chaos said:
i dont want a job yet because Im still trying to see if I can make it as a pro gamer
lol so many guys in my grade have a similar dream like you.

BTW would working at your primary school be a good choice for work experience?

miranda90

HSC
a curry?? how offensive. i assume you mean an indian person?

just a hint... india is in asia. therefore, an indian person is also an asian. god. ignorant much?

Charizard

HSC
miranda90 said:
a curry?? how offensive. i assume you mean an indian person?

just a hint... india is in asia. therefore, an indian person is also an asian. god. ignorant much?
Just a hint

Curry = Indian. God. ignorant much ?

And in the colloquial sense of the word, indians are not grouped with asians.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
jees, touchy much?
the *indians* i know are perfectly fine with describing themselves as curries.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
johony said:

i know two whites who have worked at easyway (within the past 2 years)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I'm thinking about getting a Christmas job. Do Woolworths and Greater Union employ on a 5-8 week basis? 18.50 an hour seems pretty good...

johony

HSC
uhawww said:
i know two whites who have worked at easyway (within the past 2 years)
are they morbidly obese, watch too much anime/hentai and wished they were japanese or lived in japan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)