getting counter strike started!!! (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
ok.

I want to play counter strike

I have
halflife + legit cd key

and some old versions of CS

nothing is installed.

I used to be a super 1337 CS player
but the past year. I dint have time 2 play, hence i have pretty much forgotten how to get the game up and running.

especially since this steam thing came out.

if n e of u could give me a quick run down on how to get it up and running on the net again. it would be most appreciated.

thanks alot.

i do know quite a fair bit (its just slipped my mind). so u dont need to go into that much detail if u so kindly choose 2 help me.

thanks 4 all ur help :)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Heck, as soon as I get OpenGL working with this unsupported ATI M6 craphead of a graphics card I might be able to _run_ Halflife. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey Robbo!

I got a POS UAI and it looks like I'll be scraping BSci at UTS. So I'll be seeing more of you after all. This time with crossover? ;)

Link

Originally posted by hatty
i dont need to install my halflife?

i just gotta download that n play?
if you d/l the right file, it includes halflife too.. it should be 300-400 MB (steam 1.6 this is, not 1.5). And when you come to installing 'games', you just install halflife + CS.

Link

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Do they let you cheat?
if you cheat you will be banned from the server if a good demo is made of you by another player or an admin is online and sees it. Also, sometimes they ban you across other related servers if the original one warns the others that you cheat.

Cheating is really sad tho, you should practice and try and get better, it defeats the purpose/achievement of skill if you cheat (you are only cheating yourself :p)

psycho_mushy

HSC
Ragerunner...

I finally got cs 1.6!!! fucking telstra game arena had to switch over from the WONID system...

I got no fuckign choice but to play cs 1.6

Mind you 1.6 sucks cock.. the ak is no where as accurate..
de_aztec looks like shit now....
the knives are fucked, although they look better. I wished they kept the old animation..

all in all, I have to relearn my CS skills from half-way.. fucking telstra... can't they do anything right for once?

1 more thing

FUCK STEAM TO HELL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)