help.. this better be worth it

has anyone else gained? :tongue:

Drsoccerball

HSC
ive gained 3kg cuz hsc stress eating..
i literally eat and study at the same time

I naturally have a fast metabolic rate :D Thank god...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Hahaha. Yeah I have don't worry. I stress eat as well. But I noticed I was putting on weight so changed my eating habits a little bit so now I'm staying the same weight. After HSC I'll work on getting fit lol.

It doesn't work like that. Calories in, calories out.

Most people's metabolic rate are the same-ish, and there is very little variation among different people. Unless you have a medical condition.
Well i eat heeps of lollies and shit and ive maintained the same weight of around 60-65
Actually let me weigh myself
62.8 ahaha

tyzzefloro

HSC
I reached 118kg during and just a bit after the HSC last year, I am now 93kg. #unswsteps.

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah same during the half-yearlies I had stopped any physical activity for 2 months and the worst decision I have done in my whole life and put on like 6kg! Good effort tyzzefloro keep it up!

Chris_S

HSC
Btw when I study I binge eat like crazy and legit cannot study without food lol! Is anyone else like this?

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC

LOL I've gained so much weight these past two years (Back in Year 10 sports was compulsory, but now my fitness choices are up to me XD

tyzzefloro

HSC
tbh just go for it and deal with it after the hsc and the after partying.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

I never gained back in the days. I exercised fairly often (also a good stress relieving technique

jono_jonoson

HSC
Yeah, you are just not eating over your daily intake / expelling more calories through exercise. You think you may eat a lot, but if you tracked what you eat in terms of calories, it would not go over your daily intake (hence you're not putting on weight). It's pretty simple, calories in - calories burnt. If your calories in are more than your calories out, then you put on weight.

You're probably overestimating what you're eating (in terms of total calorie intake). Just like overweight people underestimate what they're eating and think they have a slow metabolism.
What about when me and my younger brother (he is a year younger) eat a lot, but he eats way way way way WAY more than me, and we do around the same exercise (one squads swimming training every week and we in the same class), and I put on weight and he doesn't? He is as skinny as a stick, LOL.

Loudvicuna

HSC
I'm honestly not sure. But scientifically it is calories in, calories out. Metabolism rates don't usually fluctuate that much between people. Medical conditions can have an effect on it though. I would GUESS that with your situation someone is simply eating less / more than the other.

Your situation is the same with me and my sister tho, except I've been the stick most of my life. Whenever I brought this up somewhere everyone would jump on me to tell me it's just calories in - out lol. So I've kind of just accepted that, as it makes sense.

But I've since realised she does actually eat more than me, and I was overestimating what I was eating. Less frequent eating + smaller portions.
Everything you've said is right, except metabolism does actually fluctuate a lot between people due to many factors

LandCo

HSC
N/A
I gained like 5 kgs from HSC last year... I still haven't lost it HAHA. Fml.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)