getting from the ANU from airport (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Catch a taxi? It's too far to walk.

Venusian

HSC
Dean's bus lines runs one to airport to city about $5 or $7
but its just under $10 for a cab to the anu from the interchange and its only about $20 in a cab the whole way. cheaper if you end up chatting to someone in the arrivals hall who also is going to (a different) college that you can split the cab fare with

eurox

HSC
paper cup said:
Airport, ANU, far away?
I'd say about 10-15 minutes by cab (this is the best option I think). Pretty sure they have shuttle buses that run from the airport to the city for around $5. From the interchange to ANU by bus is 5 minutes and will set you back a gold coin.

You could walk from the interchange to the ANU as it is that close, but I'm sure you dont' want to carry around everything! (the ANU is right next to the city)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
so, anyone arriving in canberra, going to fenner hall or the ANU on the 11/2, around 5:30 pm?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If luggage is an issue then cab it, if you can fit your luggage on a bus then you can carry it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The cab to B&G was something rediculous (plus airport surcharge) - not worth the heartache if you find the shuttle bus unavailable (which was closer to $20 last time I looked)

husky_c

HSC
Its about 20 km, would be my guess. taxis in canberra are more than a little expensive. I would guess $25 for a taxi. the airport is away from any housing areas. the private bus service drops you not too far from the edge of the anu. though the anu ground are so large, that it would be about a 3 to 4 km walk (+) to ursula college from the private bus depot.

eurox

HSC
Iron said:
(which was closer to $20 last time I looked)
Ouch!

Sure it's not around the $5 mark (I remember inquiring about it ages ago and remember it was around there)? $20 everyone would be catching a taxi..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)