Getting into law or commerce... (1 Viewer)

Frostbitten

HSC
So this is theoretical, but say I were to get an 85-92 atar, how would I be able to get into law or commerce at either UNSW or USYD, like what paths could I go down to get in there?

shannan94

HSC
So this is theoretical, but say I were to get an 85-92 atar, how would I be able to get into law or commerce at either UNSW or USYD, like what paths could I go down to get in there?
Enrol in another course for the first year, achieve high marks and transfer.

Meshy590

HSC
Usyd law: not likely.

Unsw law: all depends on 1st year marks (if you apply for an internal law transfer)

izzy88

HSC
Transfer to usyd law would be difficult - they require 50:50 ATAR/WAM (average of first year marks). They usually recommend an ATAR of at least 97 and a D average to be competitive for a transfer.

However you could always do an undergrad degree at any uni, and then apply for the JD (juris doctor) which is the graduate equivalent of the LLB. This is a three year law degree that you do after completing an undergrad degree. At USYD the criteria at the moment is 72:25 WAM:ATAR as well as other things.

I'm not sure about UNSW criteria.

Frostbitten

HSC
Apart from UNSW and USYD what other unis are good in com and/or law, in the sense that you wont be discriminated when applying for a job that you went to Maq or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)