Getting into Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

talbotross

HSC
Yeah just wondering, how can i get into B Physiotherapy at Newcastle Uni with an atar below the prescribed 97 cos the most im gunna get is maybe 90.
should i do B exercise and sport science then try to transfer, or is there a better way?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a very popular degree at Newcastle, which is obviously reflected in the ATAR cut-off.

I would say your best option would be to focus on your studies for now, and when it comes time to make course choices, look at the B. Exercise & Sports Science like you mentioned and look to transfer after a year. However, even then you would need to do extremely well in your first year so that you could use your GPA plus ATAR to be considered.

I'd say best thing for you at the moment would be to focus on your studies, as they will ultimately determine your choices for next year.

If you're still stressing out about your options, you can give the Program Officer an email and she might be able to clear things up for you (Warning: They can be very busy at certain periods of the year, so you may have to be patient waiting for a response).

Merryn Stacey
B.Physiotherapy Program Officer
Merryn.Stacey@newcastle.edu.au

HSC
N/A
The bonus points probably don't apply for the physio course since they only take a small number of people - small cohort.

But i think the cuttoff for Sydney should go down next year because UWS is starting their physio course. Its a bachelor of health science/master of physio double degree 5years all up.
More info: UWS: Bachelor of Health Science/ Master of Physiotherapy

Its at the new medical faculty campus in Cambeltown which is quite a distance away from Newcastle if you live there. Campus accomdation might be an option if your set on physio.

It doesn't really matter where you do the course because its a health profession patients are still going to come to you.

GL

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
The bonus points probably don't apply for the physio course since they only take a small number of people - small cohort.

they do in newcastle, up to 4 points ( band 5s in english physics and chem - two points for each)

and if your regional you get 4 more so total 8.

HSC
N/A
Are you being sarcastic lol i can't tell? I was being sincere.

Oh i was saying how if he finds it difficult to get into UNCLE he can also try for UWS and Usyd but since there are bonus points 90 would get him into uncle.

talbotross

HSC
thanks guys. idk if newey is regional but so far if i get 4 bonus for going to newcastle thats 2 for physics and 2 for english adv. so if i pull a 93.75 out i can get in. kk going to study :) cheers.
hmm might need to change this signiture hey!:p

Last edited:

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
hey you go to merewether right?
you should get 4 more points.

I go to gosford high school and i get them so you should.

hope to see you in physio next year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)