Getting marks in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Gotei

HSC
Can one still get marks if they do not answer the question.
Like in the my extended response fr ancient which was worth 25 marks I didn't answer the question at all :( is it still possible to get measly marks even if the essay is really good? What would be the max out of 25

RishBonjour

HSC
think about it. Why should someone get marks for not answering the question?
Even if it is the most perfect essay in the world, and barely answers the question, definitely not a A/B range.
don't know specifically for ancient though

but hope your essay answered the question in some ways :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you have written something relevant you will get marks for it.

To get a zero it has to be totally erroneous and not just missing the point of the question e.g. if you did the Sulla question and spent all your time talking about his problems with Marius although you haven't answered the actual question asked you would get marks because his relationship with Marius is relevant.

Gotei

HSC
I did the Greek World 500-440BC and the question asked by the key democratic developments.... instead of that I talked about the transformation of the league into an empire :( would this still get me marks? I tried to link how the key developments in the delian league to the empire reformed because thats what the asked.. like i put aspects of the question but basically answered a different part of the syllabus :(

so devstated i basically did so well in the whole paper and if the question wasn't so crap I think i'd get 90+ :( i don't think ill get 70 now!!! :(

freeeeee

HSC
^ lol rainbowunicorn, so cruel from a girl.
Dw its like for English max mark for essay is 20, if you write a good response but dont answer the question my teacher (HSC marker) said max you get is 12/20
so thats approx 15/25 in your case.

p3rf3ction

HSC
yeah i did exactly what you did with delian league thing. As long as u talked about the reforms and the effect, u answered it. Thats what they were looking for..

Gotei

HSC
Oh oh did you talk about there's and ostracism and all the citizenship laws? I basically talked about how the Delian league changed jot the empire and the allies were no longer treated fairly because of their imperialistic policies... I hope I can get 10+ so I may just squeeze into a band 5

p3rf3ction

HSC
Oh oh did you talk about there's and ostracism and all the citizenship laws? I basically talked about how the Delian league changed jot the empire and the allies were no longer treated fairly because of their imperialistic policies... I hope I can get 10+ so I may just squeeze into a band 5
lol i did that aswell i mentioned citzenship law but thats it. The points on the syllabus kind of relate since its under the same number, i just kept saying demostic reforms lol, hopefull 15+

Gotei

HSC
Haha yeah hopefully. I smacked the whole exam literally only to become let down on this. So disappointed :( I would've been the first at my school to get a band6 my teacher even believed in me. Guess this is what happens when u don't prepare for the whole syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)