Getting organised??? help (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
how do you stay organised for senior school?
I am wondering what the majority here uses to keep their notes and stuff in check. Do you use seperate binders for classes, do you use one big binder for all your classes, etc..

red152

HSC
What I'm going to do is to use one binder for all recent class notes/handouts, and after a few weeks when they are no longer needed for class reference I will file them away at home. I'm planning on typing up my class notes into Word (probably one document for each course) and as the year progresses I will refine, elaborate them (using textbook notes, online and past paper examples), and condense/simplify them. For maths, I will probably just use an exercise book for class work and homework, and then for study I will just use plain paper for working and my computer to display the questions.

As for textbook use, I will be using the hard-copy textbooks only (unless my schoolbag is too heavy).

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I took all my class notes in a separate note book for each subject. When I was studying I used loose-leaf paper and placed in a binder.

HSC
N/A
I took all my class notes in a separate note book for each subject. When I was studying I used loose-leaf paper and placed in a binder.
Hi, thanks for replying! when you used loose leaf paper did you use one big binder or multiple small ones?

horse9996

HSC
Hi, thanks for replying! when you used loose leaf paper did you use one big binder or multiple small ones?
Use a smaller folder at school and then have bigger folders for each subject at home that you empty stuff you no longer need at school into

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I was in a similar boat when commencing yr 11, so I'll give you some tips that I learnt along the way.

Staying physically organised -
At school -
I carried a single folder (2-Ring), and I used coloured tabs to differentiate between my different subjects.

At home -
- I had a separate folder for each subject at home (Arch-Lever) for each subject, and typically bought more for subjects like maths.
- I would do all my notes on a single day, normally Saturday morning but I shifted to Friday night later on as I preferred starting my weekend with homework and study rather than note taking. Side note; I made/make my notes on google docs as I find it easier and faster than hand writing, which I save later as a study method.

Staying mentally organised
To Do List -
These are amazing, I always have one almost every day of my life. These can be as simple as a piece of paper listing all the activities that you need to do, school and non-school related. Additionally, you can use a application such as: todoist, Microsoft To-do, wunderlist etc

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)