getting over it... (1 Viewer)

olay

HSC
so say someone asks u out but you aren't interested.

is it better to help them get over it by not talking for a while....?
or to maintain the friendship?

i have always taken the second one except in an extreme situation. in a convo i had yest it seemed the second option is the more selfless thing to do. thoughts?

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
ignore them and keep talking about whatever it was you were talking about :D

twiddla

Keep talking to them - it is depressing when they just ignore u and does not help u get over it

J

jhakka

Definitely maintain the friendship. Keep it as normal as possible.

capsicum

HSC
yeah, maintaining the friendship. you can also act like you don't know anything, depending on the person i guess. but it's hard talking to the person if he/she keeps looking at you in that way...

lengstar

HSC
nah you gotta break it off. it just constitutes as on-going torment in my opinion. leave the guy alone, he needs time to recover. then you can be friends....possibly...again.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
if he/she's a gudfriend...stick around, pretend as if nothining happen. altho nothing would ever b the same nermo

but if that person ish a freak/scary/desprate type... run for ur life huns :D

SipSip

HSC
N/A
It definitely will take time to heal after being rejected...but don't ignore them...that just makes them feel worst because they're afraid they lost you as a friend as well...

Act as if you didn't hear anything from them about going out...they need face....and if you're a girl...start checking other girls out with them...make the friendship even closer...the fastest thing to forget the pain is to find a new objective...

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
tell them they are a bad root
that will always turn someone off

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
maintain the friendship. they already feel embarassed / bad enough about being rejected, don't make it worse

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i usually tell them as harshly as possible, because its amazing how some guys can interpret "no" as "yes".

olay

HSC
well like i said before i've always maintained relationships regardless of whatever except once cos the asking out again/not getting overness dragged on for 4 yrs. i got into this situation again the other day + when i was discussing it w/ my friend he made it seem as though it was the cruel thing to do, like lengstar said, like ongoing torment.

i see it as a waste of a friendship. i think my friend sees it as doing them a favour + the unselfish thing to do.

the current situation i'm in ... he actually asked me out a couple of months ago but yeah our friendship went back to normal again pretty much straight away [cos i don't/didn't believe in that breaking it off so they can get over it thing]. but now after what my friend had said i'm still tossing up between what the 'right' thing to do is!

and LiOn, i'm female.

maryanne270

Know Where Ur Comin From

hehehe well ive been in this situation ALOT lately!.. all ive done is just acted normally like nothing happened!! maintain the friendship... u neva no u mite end up likin the person back however by then it mite b 2 late!! theyll eventually get over it and you will hav fun 2getha... only thing is there mite stil b tension in da air...

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
olay said:
well like i said before i've always maintained relationships regardless of whatever except once cos the asking out again/not getting overness dragged on for 4 yrs. i got into this situation again the other day + when i was discussing it w/ my friend he made it seem as though it was the cruel thing to do, like lengstar said, like ongoing torment.

i see it as a waste of a friendship. i think my friend sees it as doing them a favour + the unselfish thing to do.

the current situation i'm in ... he actually asked me out a couple of months ago but yeah our friendship went back to normal again pretty much straight away [cos i don't/didn't believe in that breaking it off so they can get over it thing]. but now after what my friend had said i'm still tossing up between what the 'right' thing to do is!

and LiOn, i'm female.
msn? .

oolovell

God
HSC
Mm, this has happened to me once before, in my case, she still wanted to be friends, but i still liked her and kept on thinking that a realtionship was possible, after a while, i just started ignoring her with NO contact, whats that saying... - - - out of site out of mind

Personnally i'de want to be ignored and forgotten, but than again im a hideous door troll

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
if it happened a few months ago, maybe he's over it by now
if he's still asking you out, though, i'd say break the friendship for a while at least
cruel to be kind and all that..

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
olay said:
so say someone asks u out but you aren't interested.

is it better to help them get over it by not talking for a while....?
or to maintain the friendship?

i have always taken the second one except in an extreme situation. in a convo i had yest it seemed the second option is the more selfless thing to do. thoughts?
break it off or tell them ur not interested

i hate ppl who lead ppl on

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
break it off or tell them ur not interested

i hate ppl who lead ppl on
agreed. it such a bum thing to do. you can directly say no to them, let them no where your relationship stands but still be friends with that person, if they are willing for that to happpen...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
agreed. it such a bum thing to do. you can directly say no to them, let them no where your relationship stands but still be friends with that person, if they are willing for that to happpen...
You shouldn't lead a person on because all that does is give time for the other person to develop their feelings towards you and just makes it harder down the road to tell them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)