Getting sick a lot during assessments and exams/ Illness+Misadventure (1 Viewer)

Alexander1995

HSC
During the Half-Yearlies, I had a gastro-virus and had to take the a few of my exams a week later. Now I think I have bronchitis of some sort of chest infection. I have two assessments next week and I'm worried by results are going to be poor, especially since I've just been sick since yesterday (with migraines and nausea since wednesday).
I've already applied for illness and misadventure twice this year, and really don't want to do it again. Should I just suck it up, or can I tell me teachers I'm sick and to take that into consideration. That seems like it wouldn't be allowed.
I'm going to the doctors hopefully tomorrow or on monday. What should I do?

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
I'm in a similar situation. I had to have the majority of my half yearlys estimated due to a severe illness that has been periodically affecting me throughout the year. It has also resulted in significant absences from school. Now, I've fallen sick again during the trials :cry:
Thing is, my half yearly results were meant to be estimated on the basis of all my other results during the year, including my trials. With my doctors certificates I am allowed to not attend the trials in the first week, yet I plan on attending, coz I don't want to be seen as a wuss and I really want to get it over with. Doctor recommended I sit the exams and apply for misadventure if results are below expected (I've attended all my other internal assessments), which they will be.
But as I said, I'd be applying for misadventure a 2nd time (for the trials). I'm worried about what will happen. Will they grant me the misadventure and estimate my trial/half yearly marks on all the other assessments I done throughout the year? What do u think???? Plz answer, really worried, would like to know what I'm in for before applying .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)