Getting through the period of Trials. (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone, really stressed out. Almost to breaking point.

Would past Year 12 students/anyone be willing to some advice on how to get through this stressful period? Thanks. :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Spiii! i know I'm not gone through the trials yet, but as a robot, stress will only frazzle your circuitry.

Eat nutritious humans, exercise and when you start freaking out, just think you've probably done more than 85% of the state already. (Don't laugh at that either, this site is not an accurate representation of HSC populace, I mean there are so many people that don't read a single English text).

jnney

lemon
HSC
Take it one day at a time. Don't think too far ahead. Focus on what is happening at today, you need to do now. Before you know it, it'll be over.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
"The best chance of winning is to not be afraid of losing" < You told me that. I don't think you should let your judgement be clouded by these uncertainties. Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? You're smart and you're willing to work hard and that's going to pay off. Even if it doesn't feel like it at this moment, it will eventually. But right now, just as jnney said, do your best with what must be done now. You know you can’t predict how things are going to go, not in the trials or even in the HSC, all you can do is calm yourself down and do as much as you can. I promise you’ll get through this unscathed because you deserve it.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Start focusing not he short term, study 1 subject per day or 2 a day, have little goals to finish each day and you'll get through it eventually.

You're almost at the finish line.

To motivate you, I leave you with this quote:

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas A. Edison

enoilgam

HSC
Start focusing not he short term, study 1 subject per day or 2 a day, have little goals to finish each day and you'll get through it eventually.

You're almost at the finish line.

To motivate you, I leave you with this quote:

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas A. Edison
Thomas Edisons true life philosophy was "lie, cheat and steal". But like iRuler and jnney said, focus on the day to day.

thisiswar

HSC
Make a study timetable...most say it doesnt work but it actually does coz it keeps u motivated to study. And make sure u have adequate breaks in between where u can just do ur own things and not worry about doing work. THink of hsc as just like any other exams u have ever done. And if that doesnt help, use the thought of what u'll be doing post-hsc as motivation to reach the end.

DOn't worry if u think ur behind, because that means that ur pushing urself too hard. Just remember that every other yr 12 student who cares are going thru the same thing.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thomas Edisons true life philosophy was "lie, cheat and steal". But like iRuler and jnney said, focus on the day to day.
The point was the guy was successful and made a name for himself, who cares of how he did it. The world wont remember those who can't make a name for themselves.

The quote still stands, regardless :p

enoilgam

HSC
The point was the guy was successful and made a name for himself, who cares of how he did it. The world wont remember those who can't make a name for themselves.

The quote still stands, regardless :p
Very true.

SayWut

HSC
If you've done the work (which I'm assuming you would have ;)) then you have nothing to worry about. Just take it one step at a time as most people have said, create a study plan for each day until the end of trials and just slowly chip away at your goals =)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep take it day to day. Get through the trials and have a little break.

The trial period was probably the most stressful period of the hsc.. pretty sure i burnt out and didnt study for 6-7 weeks after that

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I just feel like I haven't done enough work...Especially for English.

Siddy123

HSC
I just feel like I haven't done enough work...Especially for English.
hi five ( * but for maths for me*)

spiral babe, u'll be fine.
give it ur best and thats it.
take it one step at a time.
if u need anything, u know wer ur boy siddy is @
ex oh ex oh

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
Guys, the hsc is easy trust me... The content is so little and straight forward compared to uni. No need to stress. In uni basically 13 weeks (1 semester) = 1 hsc.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Guys, the hsc is easy trust me... The content is so little and straight forward compared to uni. No need to stress. In uni basically 13 weeks (1 semester) = 1 hsc.
Yeah, but surely you did not think that when you were doing your HSC. I don't think anything we go through is as bad as it seems, but right now it just seems pretty shit.

ismeta

HSC
Straight forward? There are a lot of subjects whose content isn't so straight forward (4U maths comes to mind immediately, and 4U english doesn't exactly sound like a walk in the park, and...so many other subjects). Additionally, "no need to stress" is similar (although not the same as) telling a person with a mental affliction to "get over it". Stress is a normal reaction to things like these - especially when so much emphasis is placed on the HSC as is - and that's without taking other factors into account, say for example familial expectations.

I wouldn't call the HSC easy. Retrospectively, I'm sure it'd seem that way, but we actually need to learn the content first before we can call it easy. Not many people would find the entire HSC a breeze on the first go. If my teachers all said "ismeta, the HSC is easy," I'd feel pretty upset.

I've done a university course before, and yes, that was pretty damn difficult - brainscrew - but it hasn't made the HSC any easier in terms of perspective. I admit that comparing one uni course against a full semester won't give a very accurate result, but my point is...the HSC isn't easy. :p Maybe for super genii (geniuses/etc/etc), but there's a bunch of work involved during it that makes it...not easy.

/rant

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah, but surely you did not think that when you were doing your HSC. I don't think anything we go through is as bad as it seems, but right now it just seems pretty shit.
True, it looks easy in hindsight. But when you're doing it it seems alot harder.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Have to agree with ismeta but a big issue I see with people is time management.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
This guy is right. The HSC seems hard when you do it although it is nothing compared to the pace of uni.

ismeta

HSC
That's true, although in terms of advice it's not too helpful at the moment to tell us that the HSC is relatively nothing. (eek, word mush)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)