Getting to Uni from Sutherland Shire (1 Viewer)

semsav2

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys,

Considering options for next year and trying to work out how long it takes to

get from Shire to Campbelltown and Penrith campuses by public transport.

Anyone going there now and know about train times?? :confused:

Thanks for your help

L

LaraB

Go to the cityrail website to look at times of trains.

Bus wise - Penrith Area there is a shuttle bus from the station from memory otherwise the copmany would be Westbus. Same with Campbelltown - there's a shuttle bus otherwise its not far to walk. Wouldn't suggest walking at night because there's a fair fwe dodgy people around, but during the day its fine.

There is also a "trip planner" thing on there you acn use to figure out how long it will take with a combination of train and bus etc.

That will give you a more accurate answer as you could be anywhere in the Sutherland Shire so that would perhaps change the reply you are given.

7th Sign

HSC
depending on where you live in the shire....it takes me like 35-45 mins to get to para campus and I live in the shire...but this is by car lol...

umm by train penrith would be a massive treck...I mean by car fomr the shire its like 2 hours....

cambel town wouldn't be as bad...

Jiga

I travelled from Sutherland to Ctown campus in my first year by public transport, takes about an hour to hour and a half (depending on if the trains are late or not... at Sutherland station its always bad on the trip home). As for times, as said, go to cityrail site. For Ctown you will need to change at Wolli Creek if your lucky enough to get a train that stops their or Sydenham which every train stops at (If no trains from Ctown their.... then get a train back to Wolli where there are always trains going to Ctown at regular intervals.).

tubtub

HSC
slightly off topic but has anyone had evening classes at campbelltown and have to catch the train to get home? whats it like at dark in the train station? is it safe to catch the train home in the evening?

semsav2

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone for your replys.

I've checked cityrails website and got a better idea.

It's not close by any stretch, but then nothing is from "The Shire":wave:!!!!

Probabbly UTS is the closest Uni.

W'gong is maybe 45mins by car, ?1-1 1/2 public transport.

???????Who Knows??????

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
I've caught the train home in the evening. It's pretty safe, never had any problems, but you are better off catching the shuttle bus to campbelltown station as you'll have more of a chance of catching a train there and I guess it is safer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)