Getting to UNSW (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
Hi, I don't have anyone I know who goes to UNSW so I'm here to ask for some help :)

From my understanding UNSW Express buses run every 2 - 5 minutes from Central Station to UNSW during the semester, so I don't need to worry about looking at the timetable for that right? (i.e. I just need to worry about travelling from Lidcombe to Central station on time right?)

Are there buses dedicated to exam periods from Central to UNSW/wherever exam is held? how often do these run?

I've got my FEAS interview tomorrow so how often do the non USNW express buses (391/2/3/5/7) run from Central to UNSW and return?

I don't take public transport as I've been walking to school all these years so please bear with me

turntaker

HSC
From my knowledge, there are no express buses during holiday periods. Catch the 891 bus from central. You can find the specific times on transport info.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Lidcombe to central whatever timr that is

393/391/395 will drop you off on lower campus and usually takes 20-35 minutes depending on traffic.

394/397 etc all run from circular quay and are not easily accessible from central station

891 is the quickest option, it has 3 stops on high street and takes 15-25 min

turntaker

HSC
"Goal: Computer Science."

we are friends now

turntaker

HSC
sad.react

nah idk yet. If trimesters are introduced then definitely otherwise still pretty on the fence. Will make up mind by end of next sem
I thought trisemesters only come in effect in like 2019

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
at his current rate he will probs graduate in like 2025
being serious, if i take 3 subjects/semester until I graduate, I will finish half way through 2018. If I continue with computer science, I will graduate at the start of 2019 which is when the trimesters will take effect which means Thesis B will be shortened which I do not want. I will probably end up dropping it because there aren't that many interesting courses and I don't want my hecs more than it already is

the_matrix

HSC
Thanks for the help guys!

Ah I've got another question which I might as well ask here instead of starting a new thread, since u guys do Comp Sci:

For first year computer science or SEng how many days do u go to uni? And what are the times (is it actually 9-6 like people say? And can u leave before 6?) I know it varies from person to person but could I have an average or just your personal experience would be fine
Reason being I have certain commitments that I certainly should not stop as it helps me immensely with future employment

And yea lets be friends!! :D

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
For first year computer science or SEng how many days do u go to uni? And what are the times (is it actually 9-6 like people say? And can u leave before 6?) I know it varies from person to person but could I have an average or just your personal experience would be fine
Reason being I have certain commitments that I certainly should not stop as it helps me immensely with future employment
There will be around 23 contact hours per week in your first semester (in SE). Like you said, it varies person to person and there are no "average" timetables. If you have options, you can choose to select a certain time or you can try to organise your timetable to allow for early or late starts or free days. Looking at the courses, I think you will have 5 days but some days will only have a few hours.

As for those commitments, this might be a hardline approach, but going to uni is your choice and so, quoting my 4th year design lecturer, "uni comes first". You need to be flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)