gf has mood swings seemingly every fortnight (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Chriis said:
Hi, my gf of 9 months acts odd sometimes, we went out on tuesday to the city bla bla, and today I rang her and she's all quiet and giving one word responses, and I asked her what's wrong and she wouldn't tell me...

Then after trying to get it out of her, and asking if it was me, she gave me no response then she said she had to go eat lunch, I asked her if she'd call me back and she said no.

What the fuck?

I haven't done anything, why does she go into these "quiet" moods where she never talks on the phone and never tells me what's up? I can tell straight away when she answers, it's no longer "hey chris!" its "...hey"

What am I supposed to do? I sent her a message saying I'm pretty hurt that she doesn't tell me what's wrong and all i've ever done is cared for her, what else can I do. :/
she's female, get over it :)

she's also always right. she's female. so be it

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Chriis said:
Hi, my gf of 9 months acts odd sometimes, we went out on tuesday to the city bla bla, and today I rang her and she's all quiet and giving one word responses, and I asked her what's wrong and she wouldn't tell me...

Then after trying to get it out of her, and asking if it was me, she gave me no response then she said she had to go eat lunch, I asked her if she'd call me back and she said no.

What the fuck?

I haven't done anything, why does she go into these "quiet" moods where she never talks on the phone and never tells me what's up? I can tell straight away when she answers, it's no longer "hey chris!" its "...hey"

What am I supposed to do? I sent her a message saying I'm pretty hurt that she doesn't tell me what's wrong and all i've ever done is cared for her, what else can I do. :/
She was hungry. Let the woman eat.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Sadly, I also have episodes like you described. My boyfriend always asks "Wow, who pissed you off this time?", and he's usually right about that. When I'm shitty, the people who are closest to me but generally don't deserve it always cop it. If I were you (since you asked her what was wrong and were sympathetic), I would straight up ignore her until she comes crawling back. She's just looking for some attention and/or making herself feel better by making someone else feel bad. Which is most of the time not an intentional thing...and considering you've been together for so long it's probably not.

It's not nice or fair and you'll probably all call me a stupid twisted female, but hey, it happens.

HSC
Chriis said:

What the fuck?

Does she get angry at you when you're falling asleep on her random 3am calls "to talk"?

I feel sorry for guys sometimes.

I'm guessing she wants attention. Either that, or she's done something wrong/bad and she's taking her anger/insecurity out on you. It might be worthwhile for you to weigh up how long you're willing to put up with it for - you might be in a hopeless relationship where the mood swings never end.

Chriis

HSC
N/A
just got back from dinner with everyone (friend is leaving to go back home to germany) and she didnt even sit next to me, people kept saying "arent u two going out?" "why arent u sitting with him?" and she just shrugged... like how is that supposed to make me feel :/

her friend actually picked me up, when I got in the car, she was in there, she looked out the window the whole trip basically :|

I was ignored frankly, and it hurts, and I don't deserve this.

What do I do? I'm friends with all her friends, I don't want to lose them too.

Also, she was pretty cheery around everyone else BUT me. She's done that before too, like it feels like she can't act like my girlfriend infront of her friends, she changes. Even at school, she turns into a different person infront of her friends, but when it's just us two, she seems more relaxed.

So why is she treating me like I don't exist? It hurts and it's embarassing being around everyone from school and she barely even acknowledges me, and they all think it's strange too by their comments tonight.

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
ok now its time to back track.
Maybe its something oh so insignificant to you or sumthin very subtle that happened in the recent past...
think of every possible reason why a female of any perosnality could become distant...
i hate to say this, and this is my thoery without fully knowing you both, but i believe it may have been something you have done after all or atleast something you have done in the eyes of your girl...
either that or its another male figure in her life who has pissed her off.... we tend to go on a rampage agaisnt all males at times of female crisis ;)
Trust me tho, when she's ready to talk, she will....
Time is a healer, just give her space and dont take everything to heart....it may not be your fault after all and i may be just raving on with shit.... :uhhuh:

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
And if you become extremely impatient with waiting for her to come round.. if you get along with her best friend, try asking her if she knows anything... chances are your girl has already confided in someone to help...
when we go silent, we only go silent to select people, very few of us can actually not speak about an issue to ANYONE! its just not cricket.... :eek:
so if its not u she's talkin to, its someone of an equal or greater bond... :eek:
good luck! everything will work out... its just one of lifes little set backs

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
you're only allowed to double post sometimes...not all the time

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
That is really horrible honey, I'm so sorry you have to put up with shit like that. When I've been in a bad mood with someone, I've never gone to the extent to ignore them infront of others. Thats really rude. Giver her space, and let her come around. If she doesnt, move on. If she does finally tell you whats wrong, and it is insignificant or is completely unrelated to you, I'd let your frustration and hurt show: dont let her walk on you, this is emotional blackmail. I'd also suggest what sweetXinsanity suggested too- talk to her friends and find out whats eating her. If its something major she would have confided in someone by now...

Chriis said:
Also, she was pretty cheery around everyone else BUT me. She's done that before too, like it feels like she can't act like my girlfriend infront of her friends, she changes. Even at school, she turns into a different person infront of her friends, but when it's just us two, she seems more relaxed.
Most people do this to a degree I think. Its all to do with how comfortable you are with each other. When I'm comfortable with someone and we go out somewhere together with others, I'll be happy and energetic around others, and then go to my best friends/boyfriend who knows how I'm really feeling for some down-time. But this doesnt sound the same given the fact she was ignoring you. There is no excuse for such horrible, nasty, bitchy behaviour. You'd expect this type of behaviour from a year 8 girl; tell her to grow up.

<3

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
In relations to first post: I don't blame her. You keep making all these stupid mistakes that would piss any girl off! Let me break it up:

Chriis said:
She wouldn't tell you something, so fucking what? She may have just been having a bad day, let the poor girl have some space.

Chriis said:
You kept pissing her off about the subject and then you asked her if it was you? You idiot, why the fuck would you act insecure and clingy around a girl? Put yourself in her position: You're having a bad day and don't want to talk about it, then your boyfriend, who you expect to be understanding, won't give up on the subject and keeps asking if it's him. I don't know about you, but that would piss me off and I would start giving you short answers to get you to leave me alone.

Chriis said:
What the fuck?
Yeah, what the fuck is she doing still going out with you.

Chriis said:
She gets in these "moods" because you're insecure and a pain in the arse. "I haven't done anything" you say, how selfish of you! Your girlfriend is having some personal issue and you immediately bring it back to yourself.

Chriis said:
Let her have some space and stop acting so insecure. Don't send her anymore messages for a day or so and give up on this subject completely. Don't even apologise for being a dick, just forget that it ever happened.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Chriis said:

What the fuck?

shes pregnant.
and its a high posbility that you ARE NOT the father.
hence her mood swings towards you.

HSC
Jumb, while it's possible she genuinely wants space, i think 90% of the girls would agree that she wants attention.

If Chris backs off, its likely that he will be bombarded with "You don't care about me, you're so selfish" messages for the next month.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Jumb, while it's possible she genuinely wants space, i think 90% of the girls would agree that she wants attention.

If Chris backs off, its likely that he will be bombarded with "You don't care about me, you're so selfish" messages for the next month.
It sounds like he's smothering her to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)