• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

girl on girl (4 Viewers)

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
ummm well isnt anything that is girl on girl a lesbian experience regardless of if it is a drunk or sober moment? so no matter if it has specific meaning to either one of the girls...its still a lesbian experience, lesbian = girl on girl...and thats whats happening
Yeah, and similarly when girls kiss their mothers goodnight, it's also a lesbian experience. I think the point being differentiated upon was that lesbian activity has sexual connotations, while a drunken kiss between two people may be absolutely nothing alike.

(Not that I'm agreeing with the comment that was made).

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
DopeyB said:
a sober kiss with a chick is hardly what would classify as a lesbian experience
So a sober kiss between a girl and a guy isn't a hetereosexual experience?

Pfft, I don't have to justify this to you.

Sophie777

Yes well, perhaps not for everyone. Generalisations are illogical, they don't work. I am not a social construct completely. I agree that my values have been moulded by my environment but regardless of this fact emotions are real and are not social constructs.

I find it hard to accept you judging my sexual experiences as constructed emotions. I think you have every right to do that to your own.

Sophie777

ogmzergrush said:
Yeah, and similarly when girls kiss their mothers goodnight, it's also a lesbian experience. I think the point being differentiated upon was that lesbian activity has sexual connotations, while a drunken kiss between two people may be absolutely nothing alike.

You are arguing a useless point. Girls who kiss other girls are having a lesbian experience. Sorry, I do not kiss my mother on the lips, nor do I stick my tongue down her throat.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Sophie777 said:
Yes well, perhaps not for everyone. Generalisations are illogical, they don't work. I am not a social construct completely. I agree that my values have been moulded by my environment but regardless of this fact emotions are real and are not social constructs.

I find it hard to accept you judging my sexual experiences as constructed emotions. I think you have every right to do that to your own.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that connecting sex with love is a constructed emotion, I think I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant that the idea that sex and love are always tied together is more of an environmental construct, although that doesn't invalidate it. Does that make more sense?

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
ogmzergrush said:

what i mean is, you dont exactly go for a full tongue action kiss with your mum do you? if you do...please seek help...but i mean, a kiss on the lips is not sexual or lesbian unless it has tongue involved, because a kiss like that is a friendly gesture or one of love...and tongue action is of passion or similar..

Sophie777

Yep, it does. I agree with you. Emotions are not automatically tied in with a sexual experience. I mean, even with someone you love it can sometimes just be for all out pleasure.

HSC
Sophie777 said:
You are arguing a useless point. Girls who kiss other girls are having a lesbian experience. Sorry, I do not kiss my mother on the lips, nor do I stick my tongue down her throat.
As I said, I was only attempting to point out what I *think* DopeyB was attempting to say, so I'm not really arguing it at all. But hey, go right ahead, you're obviously having a good time :)

Sophie777

Ah, thats a way to avoid the issue.

You said something about a girl kissing her mother goodnight being equated to any experience with two girls. It was quite obvious that even clarifying a point to one side of an argument is to be involved and I was questioning the use of attempting to twist someones words to something irrelevant i.e. that we kiss our mothers. As I don't think the person that made the comment was thinking you would jump on her every word. It seemed quite obvious to me that we were talking of girls of a similar age, non-related.

Anyway, thank-you for pointing out the fact that I was having a good time. I think that is largely the point of the forum.

HSC
Sophie777 said:
Ah, thats a way to avoid the issue.

You said something about a girl kissing her mother goodnight being equated to any experience with two girls. It was quite obvious that even clarifying a point to one side of an argument is to be involved and I was questioning the use of attempting to twist someones words to something irrelevant i.e. that we kiss our mothers. As I don't think the person that made the comment was thinking you would jump on her every word. It seemed quite obvious to me that we were talking of girls of a similar age, non-related.

Anyway, thank-you for pointing out the fact that I was having a good time. I think that is largely the point of the forum.
If you're going to be like that about it...

As I've attempted to point out, twice, what I was saying was that, as far as I can see, the point that DopeyB was attempting to make, was that girls kissing girls (With kissing not being specified at that stage as being tongue down throat, on the mouth, which you added after my intial post), is not neccessarily a lesbian experience.

I'm sorry if I didn't spell it out for you, I would have hoped that the initial disclaimer stating (without saying that I disagreed with DopeyB) that I didn't agree completely with it, would have cleared the issue up enough for you. Obviously as it didn't, I attempted once more. And well, that pretty much brings us up to speed.

Seeing as that type of kissing has now been specified, yes, I agree with you, I'd say that any tongue down throat, girl on girl kissing, is a lesbian experience of some sort. When I made my initial post, that wasn't the form of kissing I was talking about, and seeing as no form had been specified, I thought it reasonable to speak in general terms.

Sophie777 said:
It was quite obvious that even clarifying a point to one side of an argument is to be involved and I was questioning the use of attempting to twist someones words to something irrelevant i.e. that we kiss our mothers.
I wouldn't call an attempt to say what I read someone's post as meaning, an attempt to twist it. I also wouldn't, at that stage, have called it irrelevant, seeing as your post read:

pinkblinkbarbie said:
ummm well isnt anything that is girl on girl a lesbian experience regardless of if it is a drunk or sober moment?"
and as I've said, at that stage no specific type of kissing was given. The way I see it, a girl is obviously a girl, and so is her mother. Kissing, regardless of the specifics of the kiss is, is obviously still kissing, and in regard to the above quote, I think it'd be obvious where I'm coming from.

Sophie777 said:
As I don't think the person that made the comment was thinking you would jump on her every word. It seemed quite obvious to me that we were talking of girls of a similar age, non-related.
As my quote of YOUR post suggested, I was in fact responding to what you had said in relation to DopeyB's post. So yes, again you are correct, I wasn't 'jumping on' Erin's every word.

pinkblinkbarbie said:
ummm well isnt anything that is girl on girl a lesbian experience regardless of if it is a drunk or sober moment?"
And once again, my apologies, that quote DOES make it very clear that we're talking about non-related, similar age.

I'm sorry if you've misinterpreted my point, it certainly wasn't an attack on Erin, nor an endorsement of DopeyB's ridiculing of what she'd said. What I was responding to, specifically, was you saying (well, I don't need to quote it again, you know what I'm talking about) :)

When I made my post voicing what I thought DopeyB probably meant, your response seemed rather sweeping to me and I responded to that, not entirely seriously, my own reply. I realise that within the context of this conversation that my interpretation of what you had said definitely isn't in line with what's actually being talked about, but as I read it was not apparent that your post was specifically referring to the tongue, non-related thing.

Edit: Quotes fixed, all credit to Sophie777 for noticing my mistake. The rest of the post probably makes no sense whatsoever now, but hey, I tried.

Last edited:

Sophie777

There is a quote there saying "umm...isn't..."

That is not something I said. If you re-read the thread then you will see that someone else said that.

Sophie777

pinkblinkbarbie said:
ummm well isnt anything that is girl on girl a lesbian experience regardless of if it is a drunk or sober moment? so no matter if it has specific meaning to either one of the girls...its still a lesbian experience, lesbian = girl on girl...and thats whats happening
As you can see.

Sophie777

And anyway. All I was saying was that you saying the thing about it being a mother wasn't relevant- we all knew what girl on girl meant. It doesn't mean mother to child.

HSC
Sophie777 said:
And anyway. All I was saying was that you saying the thing about it being a mother wasn't relevant- we all knew what girl on girl meant. It doesn't mean mother to child.
haha, if only I read this before posting that epic. I could have replied with 'yeah, I guess it isn't now, it just looked like it was in relation to that quote' (which isn't yours, lol). Reading is pretty hard work :)

HSC
lol, that's ok, I've survived worse. I'll just try to read a bit more (and a bit more carefully!) before posting from now on and it'll be fine. Sorry if I came across as being rude too, it wasn't my intention :)

mayhemily

HSC
so i cant be bothered reading the other posts. But i find no problem with girl on girl and i realllllllllllllly hate it when guys are like, fully keen for lesbians but get so homophobic with regard to gay guys. Each to their own i reckon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)