girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
At my school the girls dominate bio, guys dominate physics and its pretty even in chem (numbers wise).

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Most of the time in cases where this is true, it's because guys/girls look at a question and think "Oh. An english/maths question. I can't do that."
It's simply a matter of overcoming the psychological barrier that says guys can do this, girls can do this, and we can't possibly do what the other sex is good at. Generally, if you believe that you CAN'T do something, you won't be able to do it.
Jeez, I'm female, and the only english-ish based subject I do IS english and some small parts of music where questions require extended responses.
When it comes to physics and chemistry, the MATHS area is the
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
guys and girls have the same potentials...just depends on the effort you put in. In the end, everyone has the same opportunity no matter if ur a girl or a guy...just try your best. In general guys and girls have the same opportunity and are equally smart with the same amount of effort put in...
That true. your only as smart as u push urself to be.
though i just hate english, which i think is a factor of im a slow writer, im a more logical thinker, and that im not a very creative person...if you told me to write a story about anything i wanted, i'd probably just sit there all day trying to think of an opening sentence.

the teachers saying the more you read the better you will be at writing is just stupid, i read alot, i still dnt get anywhere. and therez therez certain aspects of english i dnt like...poetry and some shakespeare...which is just a reult of my personality.

anyway, the point is, if you dnt push yourself to learn the content (and all of it) in a course, you will just say to yourself that you aren't good at it, or some other reason...and this will reinforces itself in the reults you get from exams etc. and it will continue.

so if u want to keep complaining bout how girls are better at english/boys at math, then it really compes down to that persons personality. i know a girl who is realli good at math in the top 3 of ext2 math, but completely hates english...

i cant remember what ive been typing, so i'll jst click submit...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Boo_ said:
That true. your only as smart as u push urself to be.

The point is, if you dnt push yourself to learn the content (and all of it) in a course, you will just say to yourself that you aren't good at it, or some other reason...and this will reinforces itself in the reults you get from exams etc. and it will continue.

so if u want to keep complaining bout how girls are better at english/boys at math, then it really compes down to that persons personality.
Fantastic! I'm right with you here! In actual fact, the girls in my physics class and the girls in my 4u maths class all detest english! It comes down to the way you think, not whether you're male or female

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Fantastic! I'm right with you here! In actual fact, the girls in my physics class and the girls in my 4u maths class all detest english! It comes down to the way you think, not whether you're male or female
exactely!!! see someone agrees!!! *points @ Emma-Jayde*

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Yayness!!! I like the way you think!!!
LOL!!! now to convert all those other uneducated people out there that dnt know about equal chance

Boo_

HSC
ahhh, but it is, most of the guys think they are english illeterate...probably look at the words, and say how much they hate english...

it really isn't that hard!!!

Boo_

HSC
None taken!!!

but what is the excuse for the girls???

and on the subject of u need to push urself to succeed, i didnt realli study that much for my last ext1 mathz exam, and i got a crappy 58%, down from a 76% on my last exam...which i had done proper study for. same as physics, i didnt realli try in my last exam and got 50%, and the half yearly i did last week i think i did alright in and i did study for it

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Girls don't have an excuse. They just whinge because they can. And claim that every single male on the face of the planet is a sexist bastard who isn't willing to give them a fair go.
*Sorry, this topic drives me insane. All some people can do is whinge and whine about how everything in life is unfair*

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Girls don't have an excuse. They just whinge because they can. And claim that every single male on the face of the planet is a sexist bastard who isn't willing to give them a fair go.
*Sorry, this topic drives me insane. All some people can do is whinge and whine about how everything in life is unfair*
i see...makes perfect sense, but do they have to go and do it to every guy???

dnt worry, let it all out, lol!!!

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yeah, it must be pretty frustrating having half the female population believing that you're one of the worst people in the world!! lol. I think my whole attitude towards this subject is why I have a lot more guy friends than girl friends. Some girls won't talk to you if you tell them to cut the whinging because they've got nothing to complain about!!

Boo_

HSC
half...somehow when u say it doesnt sound the same then if u said hte total amount...

lol, yeah, ive noticed that, they jst go and complain to someone else who will listen.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ok guys, keep it on topic.

In any case there is differences between the way the "average" male and "average" female. For example the way they read and describe maps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)