Girraween HAST Exam (1 Viewer)

Minari243

HSC
Hello!! I'm in year 10 I applied for Girraween and I'm doing their HAST test next week. I'm pretty confident about the abstract reasoning section and I think I'll be alright for reading and maths. But there is a 25 mins writing section in the test. This is my first time doing the test so I'm just wondering if anyone has experience doing this and give me some advice. Thanks!

Accidentally posted this on the wrong forum and now i moved it here

tw107y

HSC
P.S. reading is extremely hard so don't stress if you bomb it :) . I bombed it last year (like I generally don't understand any of the texts) and I still made it to Girra! (Although my maths was pretty strong). But if u think u did bad, don't stress. Because everyone else probably did bad as well.

Hopefully ill see you here next year X)

tw107y

HSC
I just read your other post lol. Your grades are way better than mine. So don't stress at all about the HAST test. You'll be fine :) get ready for compulsory sports xd

Accurate

clix
HSC
I just read your other post lol. Your grades are way better than mine. So don't stress at all about the HAST test. You'll be fine :) get ready for compulsory sports xd
Hey what percentile did you get for each of the subjects.. if you remember?

Accurate

clix
HSC
The HAST is a mini selective essentially. I recommend having a look at the past papers as my rents did buy me them and it did help me, even though I didn't know how to prep. I sat the HAST in yr 10 and im in 12 girra rn and if u do ur best no worries you'll make it.
Uhm where can you find past papers

Minari243

HSC
acer.org/au/hast-secondary/hast-sample-question-booklet

Sample Question Booklet*. Good luck you all
My friend sent some practice papers from there and its honestly hard asf. I hope the test is easier. Is there any chance you remember how the writing section went? What was the stimulus? (if you remember)

Accurate

clix
HSC
I was reading through this cause I sat the hast exam on saturday. How do you think you guys went? Literally flunked the maths and science section maybe cause my brain was numbed by panadol haha
Math and Science was okay, but English gave me AIDS, like half the texts i didnt have a deep understanding of lmao. How did you go for Reading?

vsyie

HSC
Math and Science was okay, but English gave me AIDS, like half the texts i didnt have a deep understanding of lmao. How did you go for Reading?
I love reading so I actually liked that part the most lmao, but wth was that writing stimulus? Literally wrote bs for it

Accurate

clix
HSC
I love reading so I actually liked that part the most lmao, but wth was that writing stimulus? Literally wrote bs for it
ikr it's such a weird stimulus , i think everyone bsed that part.

Accurate

clix
HSC
You remember that question in Math which had the jug, candle and match. Which option did you pick for that if you remember?

Accurate

clix
HSC
I did the candle because i thought the match was showing smoke (i know retarded right?). But ive seen videos where candles light in a spacecraft but idk i think the match is probably right

vsyie

HSC
I did the candle because i thought the match was showing smoke (i know retarded right?). But ive seen videos where candles light in a spacecraft but idk i think the match is probably right
Yeah idk.... I just got caught up with all those circuit questions and literally wasted so much time!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)