Girraween HAST test for yr11 2016 (1 Viewer)

jathu123

HSC
Hey guys, right now I'm in year 10 and attending a pretty academically bad school (in the 450 rank). I was thinking of applying to a selective school such as penrith and girra and so I need to do the HAST test in order to apply or Girraween. So is the test easy or hard? I'm alright with the mathematics and abstract reasoning but kinda confused with the English part. I heard that the writing part is only 25 minutes. If that's true, how can one write an essay/creative story in 25 minutes?! And also if anyone did the HAST test before, any tips you would like to share? especially in reading. Thank you very much

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
The abstract reasoning is easy af..the writing has a stimulus and you have to write a creative. For maths its basic maths questions based on all the topics from yr 8-9. They have the same test for all years so they expect a high mark in yr 10-11 as compared to yr 7-9. From what ive heard they take around top 3 from each year.

hrithikroshan

HSC
Hey, since you've given the test by now, could you please help me with these questions?
What stimulus were you given?
Also, how did you hand in your form? Did you mail it or go to the school to give it?

jathu123

HSC
Hey, since you've given the test by now, could you please help me with these questions?
What stimulus were you given?
Also, how did you hand in your form? Did you mail it or go to the school to give it?
Soz but I'm not exactly sure about the stimulus, I think it had something to do with high school students and jobs, but yeah not entirely sure. About the forms, I went to the school directly to hand it in.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lol I looked at this thread and was like whut jathu is in yr11

then i looked at the date

WildestDreams

HSC
The abstract reasoning is easy af..the writing has a stimulus and you have to write a creative. For maths its basic maths questions based on all the topics from yr 8-9. They have the same test for all years so they expect a high mark in yr 10-11 as compared to yr 7-9. From what ive heard they take around top 3 from each year.

It doesn't HAVE to be a creative btw. It can virtually be anything. Its a RESPONSE, meaning you could anything from a creative to an interview to an essay. My point, do what works best for you and what you are good at.

hrithikroshan

HSC
When do we get the results?
Pleaseee try and remember a day! At least something like Term 3 holidays or Week 7-9 Term 3 ANYTHING but the more specific the better!

Should I call up the schools I applied to??

Shazzaaa

HSC
I think the schools that conduct the hast exam typically release the results at the end of term 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)