Giving upppp! (1 Viewer)

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
MY RANKS ARE SO S@#T AT THE MOMENT, ITS NOT FUNNY! I'M VIRTUALLY ON THE EDGE OF DROPPING OUT OF SCHOOL.
SCHOOL'S RANKED TOP 40, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN CRAP BECAUSE MY COHORT IS FULL OF STUPID PEOPLE WHO GENERALLY DO NOT GIVE A S%#T AND I'M STARTING TO THINK I'M ONE OF THEM!
MY MARKS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

General Maths - currently sitting at around 70% with about 40% worth of assessments left. Rank is about 12/43
Standard Eng: - currently sitting at around ~60% with only trials left which are 40%. Rank is about 10/32
Modern Histo: - currently sitting at around ~60% with about 40-50% worth of assessments left. Rank is about 27/30
Physics: - currently sitting at around 64% with about 40% (2 exams) worth of assessments left. Rank is about 32/49
Bio: - currently sitting at around 68% with about 40% (2 exams) worth of assessments left. Rank is about 110/139

Is there any way possible i can still pull off a 90+ ATAR, preferably 93?
And also for the UTS inpUTS, is it easy to get the 10 bonus points? How do i show my genuine need for them? Is centrelink payment and being in a low socio-economic school help?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Sure they are not great, but seriously dropping out of school? lol relax man.

You go to a top 40 school and are not near the bottom for most of your subjects, hardly worth dropping out. As you said, you still have 40% + left, a lot can change. Just keep working hard, this is the time where people start to slack off (like me at this point), so this is your opportunity to boost your ranks in your upcoming trials.

merna7

HSC
well to start off, dont give up now!! you only have a few months left ! and you can still achieve a high 80 or high 70 and receive 10 bonus points if your eligable for eas if you and your parents are on centerlink payment but i dont know about the area of your school but you can get more infor from your careers advisor
good luck ! :)

Last edited:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that i look at my school rank 180... doesn't seem so bad lol. But yes, don't give up just yet.

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
well to start off, dont give up now!! you only have a few months left ! and you can still achieve a high 80 or low 70 and receive 10 bonus points if your eligable for eas if you and your parents are on centerlink payment but i dont know about the area of your school but you can get more infor from your careers advisor
good luck ! :)
High 70's, low 80's? Is there ANY way possible to push this up to 90? Like do i have to get 80's for the rest of the assessments/trials? With the use of moderating the assessment marks and scaling of the HSC marks, can i touch 90?

And also I'm in the 21** postcode. Which i checked, according to UAC apparently is in the low socio-economic schools.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
High 70's, low 80's? Is there ANY way possible to push this up to 90? Like do i have to get 80's for the rest of the assessments/trials? With the use of moderating the assessment marks and scaling of the HSC marks, can i touch 90?

And also I'm in the 21** postcode. Which i checked, according to UAC apparently is in the low socio-economic schools.
What do you mean by 21** postcodes? There are 100 postal areas with 21(xx) as their postcodes. I personally attend a school located in such an area. Postcodes do not have any weight over school performance.

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by 21** postcodes? There are 100 postal areas with 21(xx) as their postcodes. I personally attend a school located in such an area. Postcodes do not have any weight over school performance.
Not school performance, but EAS bonus points.

merna7

HSC
well if your school is in the low socio-economic sector then you are eligable again for another 10 bonus points and if you havnt done trials yet and you come 1st or 2nd in all your subject it is possible for you to get in the 90 but since your eligable for eas there shouldnt be a problem with you getting an 80 and plus if you get 90s for all your subjects in the hsc exam you should be fine, dont stress to much

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
well if your school is in the low socio-economic sector then you are eligable again for another 10 bonus points and if you havnt done trials yet and you come 1st or 2nd in all your subject it is possible for you to get in the 90 but since your eligable for eas there shouldnt be a problem with you getting an 80 and plus if you get 90s for all your subjects in the hsc exam you should be fine, dont stress to much
Isn't it normally 5 bonus points for socioeconomically disadvantaged schools? My school is on the list, although i'm not sure if it is 5 or the whole 10 points which is eligible for EAS.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Is there any way possible i can still pull off a 90+ ATAR, preferably 93?
And also for the UTS inpUTS, is it easy to get the 10 bonus points? How do i show my genuine need for them? Is centrelink payment and being in a low socio-economic school help?
Probably not 90+, sorry. Especially not with the combination of standard english and general maths.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Don't worry what score you'll get for the moment. Focus on what you need to do now and do it. Don't give up.

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
Probably not 90+, sorry. Especially not with the combination of standard english and general maths.
Probably not 90, or definitely not 90? What marks/ranks do you suggest i achieve to get a 90 in each of those subjects?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Probably not 90, or definitely not 90? What marks/ranks do you suggest i achieve to get a 90 in each of those subjects?
This is only an estimation (aka educated opinion). We don't know how much you're going to improve by. But I do know that if you put in more work than now you will improve your marks.

snowyriver

HSC
N/A
Is getting 86 as a HSC mark for each subject a stretch for me, considering that I'm might be able to get 75-80's for my upcoming exams and trials and improving my ranks?

merna7

HSC
well it would help but stop worrying so much on the atar just do your best and put some effort and hard work and you will get to where you want to be
remember head up an keep going ..

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Giving up already?? Kids these days ....

Maddii95

HSC
If you think that they are low marks you have got to be kidding me. I live in a rural extremely socio-economic area and you should see our top marks for our year.
Hell my marks had a highest point of 51% in pre-trials...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)