• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

globalisation - please help (1 Viewer)

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
hi
does abybody have any good information about globalisation such as
- characteristics
- statistics
- pros/cons
- increases

please reply

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
err your textbook might be a start...do u want ADDITIONAL info?

alien

HSC
Rickdog said:
hi
does abybody have any good information about globalisation such as
- characteristics
- statistics
- pros/cons
- increases

please reply
i could give you a definition and answers to some of that stuff in geography terms, i dunno about eco

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
Sarah168 said:
err your textbook might be a start...do u want ADDITIONAL info?
we dont have textbooks yet and have to do an assessment task by research, so additional info

Ednaw

HSC
Globalisation is characterised by increased integration of global financial markets, and increased trade flows.
Since the 1980's transfer of g+s has increased 300% fdi is up 400% and portfolio investment is up 700%
Globalisation means that goods and services are produced by the most efficient producers, and those countries can attain allocative effienciency thus gaining economies of scale, however through the process of globalisation economies are more prone to to follow the international business cycle as domestic markets rely more and more on foreign markets
increases :S i hav no idea wat u meant, but yeh thats reallly short form of the stuff u asked for. Hopefully it helped

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
thanks, that helps.
is there a website you know of where i could find that sorta stuff?

Ednaw

HSC
Website...not really, jus use the textbooks ask ur teacher, read the notes they give u and jus read up about recent economic trends etc

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Rickdog said:
thanks, that helps.
is there a website you know of where i could find that sorta stuff?
Try going to www.hsc.csu.edu.au and then click on the economics link.
The site basically summaries the entire course for you, and they also provide multiple choice and revision exercises.

miffytoki

HSC
look up the notes on the resources pages...but just to be nice...here are my notes from my globalisation days (i've finished high school) ..there are some gaps in it where i've hand written stuff or received notes from my teacher that have already been summariesed but they haven't been scanned in or anything..u will need to supplement this with u're own notes...it also does not include my case study (china) .....use this as a general background if u need essays on organsiations or treaties or forums gimme a msg and i'll get back to you...i have a tonne of notes from yr 12 that i'm not doing anything with....

B

Bambul

Try the Commanding Heights website:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/lo/index.html

The countries section has some countries and brief economic histories of them. The people section is also good (click on people, then profession). The list is quite large so I recommend the following people:

Thea Lee (Labor)
Bill Clinton (Government)
Mahathir Mohamad (Government)
Lawrence Summers (Government)
Paul Volcker (Central Bankers)
Milton Friedman (Economists)
Jeffrey Sachs (Economists)
Joseph Stiglitz (Economists)

If that list is too long (and it is much smaller than the atleast 20 or 30 interviews on that site) then just read Milton Friedman and Joseph Stiglitz. They will each give you the two sides of the modern globalisation debate. However I found that once I understood what globalisation was all about the whole topic just made a lot more sense so I really do recommend you take a look at all 8 of those interviews if you get the chance.

In your course you will cover the Friedman perspective more (that's the pro-market one). He is arguably the most famous economist post World War II.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)