• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Globalisation Questions- Topic 1 (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
So as many of us have our upcoming assessment task 1 extended responses based on globalisation for a country other then Australia coming up, I thought if possible we could share the questions. My school's task is sight unseen, so it would be great from those who actually received their question before hand to share it so we could prepare more effectively.

From the sounds of it, my question based on China will include Government policies, so any questions particularly relating to that would be great.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I have one on Thursday but it's a class task which does not count towards our HSC internal marks.

When it comes to the Case Study, they can ask you about impacts AND/OR strategies.

If it's strategies then it's strategies to promote economic growth and development (as indicated in the syllabus).

If it's impacts then it could on eco growth/development, environ sustainability, income distribution, TNCs and investment, trade, international business cycle and etc.

One of my practise essays beforehand (done in class for preparation leading to the class task) was about discussing the impacts of globalisation on ECONOMIC GROWTH and DISTRIBUTION OF INCOME for our country of China.

They could ask strategies for both eco growth/development.
They could do 2 impacts.
And they could even do strategies for ONLY eco growth (OR ONLY development) + 1 impact.

HSC
You're better off reading magazines such as TIMES that are focused on the case study. The syllabus for case study isn't that specific. All you have to do is cover the issues of Topic 2 and how globalisation has affected the particular country, and that's your case study

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah, I have one on Thursday but it's a class task which does not count towards our HSC internal marks.

When it comes to the Case Study, they can ask you about impacts AND/OR strategies.

If it's strategies then it's strategies to promote economic growth and development (as indicated in the syllabus).

If it's impacts then it could on eco growth/development, environ sustainability, income distribution, TNCs and investment, trade, international business cycle and etc.

One of my practise essays beforehand (done in class for preparation leading to the class task) was about discussing the impacts of globalisation on ECONOMIC GROWTH and DISTRIBUTION OF INCOME for our country of China.

They could ask strategies for both eco growth/development.
They could do 2 impacts.
And they could even do strategies for ONLY eco growth (OR ONLY development) + 1 impact.
Thanks for that, most probably we will be asked about both the impacts and strategies according to the hints.

How would i structure this, would i separate the impacts of globalisation on economic growth/development, trade and investment, distribution of income etc and strategies to promote economic growth/development as two different questions and answer them individually, or would i be required to integrate them together somehow?

coyney

HSC
Just put your number on the paper, I'm sure that will get you rank 1

Marc26

HSC
We actually got a whole sheet of essay questions today for the case study since we are currently learning it.
However, our task is on a different part of the topic.
Thought I might share some of these with you:
HSC '03 - Impacts of globalisation on the eco performance of the chosen economy.
IND '04 - Impacts on living standards
HSC '05 - Protection and impacts
CSSA '05 - Strategies used to promote eco growth and dev.
IND '06 - Features of global economy and impacts of globalisation on growth and quality of life
CSSA '06 - Reducing Protection and analyse its impacts
HSC '10 - Effects of protectionist trade policies
CSSA '10 - Impact of globalisation with reference to grwoth, dev. and enviro consequences
HSC '12 (THIS YEARS PAPER) - Effects of globalisation on eco grwoth and quality of life.

Obviously if you have some of these papers, then it shouldn't be a problem.
My teacher gave us sample questions such as those listed above.

Good luck!

coyney

HSC
Would you guys recommend integrating the policies into the categories (e.g economic growth and development, environment) or having it separate?

Project2036

HSC
Would you guys recommend integrating the policies into the categories (e.g economic growth and development, environment) or having it separate?
integrating so its cohesive
if its separated, a link cannot be established

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
We actually got a whole sheet of essay questions today for the case study since we are currently learning it.
However, our task is on a different part of the topic.
Thought I might share some of these with you:
HSC '03 - Impacts of globalisation on the eco performance of the chosen economy.
IND '04 - Impacts on living standards
HSC '05 - Protection and impacts
CSSA '05 - Strategies used to promote eco growth and dev.
IND '06 - Features of global economy and impacts of globalisation on growth and quality of life
CSSA '06 - Reducing Protection and analyse its impacts
HSC '10 - Effects of protectionist trade policies
CSSA '10 - Impact of globalisation with reference to grwoth, dev. and enviro consequences
HSC '12 (THIS YEARS PAPER) - Effects of globalisation on eco grwoth and quality of life.

Obviously if you have some of these papers, then it shouldn't be a problem.
My teacher gave us sample questions such as those listed above.

Good luck!
Cheers !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)